The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:54 pm 

Hi all. This is my first post here. I hope you don't mind a yacht question in your Sailing Ships section. If I'm in the wrong area of the forum or there's a more appropriate forum for me to visit please let me know. I don't really want to jump ship just yet if I can help it, this looks like a good forum to check out.
Anyway,
I have a model yacht hull, it's 32 inches long and 7,1/4 inches across. My father gave it to me, his mate gave it to him, it's been floating around dismasted for around 20 years that I know of. It is of timber construction and appears quite well built. I would like to know more about it and would like to re-rig it as a display piece in it's original rigging. I don't want to wreck it in the process. Any help would be really appreciated. I'll try to add a couple of pics to help identify it and so you get a better idea of what I have.
Cheers and thanks in advance, Smokey. :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:57 am 

Hello :wave_1:
The hull is a bit out of proportions (the keel is too deep) so I think that model wasn't meant to represent a particular boat or, at least, it wasn't built using plans.
Given the open cockpit and the kind of rudder it must have been a small boat, like the Dragon

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=238