The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 pm
Posts: 7108
Location: In the hills of North Jersey
Congratulations on a masterful build Dave. She is stunning.

_________________
Martin

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
MartinJQuinn wrote:
Congratulations on a masterful build Dave. She is stunning.

Thank you Martin I am giving myself two weeks R&R and then back on the front line for a NEW build :whistle: :eyebrows: .
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :heh:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:42 pm
Posts: 328
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi Dave

I understand and feel your concerns!!! But, better to have just 3mm off than 1mm in!!!!

It is a very important vessel in the Museum collection, and a masterly done one...
Thank you for letting us see the full built of this wonderful model!

You should be very (very very) proud!!
BZ

Cheers,
Rui :wave_1:

_________________
Ship Modelers of the World UNITE


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
Rui Matos wrote:
Hi Dave

I understand and feel your concerns!!! But, better to have just 3mm off than 1mm in!!!!

It is a very important vessel in the Museum collection, and a masterly done one...
Thank you for letting us see the full built of this wonderful model!

You should be very (very very) proud!!
BZ

Cheers,
Rui :wave_1:

Thank you Rui It is I that should be thanking every one else for looking in, staying the course with me and as such encouraging me to keep going. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL :worship_1:
Dave Wooley


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:36 pm
Posts: 2147
Location: About 50 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico ( traveling W is you do so :)
Its great to see her finished Dave :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: , it sure was a long road for you, i'm pretty sure you enjoyed it though..


Jose :wave_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
J. Soca wrote:
Its great to see her finished Dave :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: , it sure was a long road for you, i'm pretty sure you enjoyed it though..


Jose :wave_1:

Jose you pose an interesting question regarding enjoyment of a build? My potted thoughts about a completed build are quite simple. Starting a model when fired up with enthusiasm is not that difficult, finishing a model can be relatively easy going as most of the work has been done. It's all the work in the middle, that combination of , frustration ,lack of this or that in information and material , distractions even equipment to do a job and at times a willingness to throw in the towel . But I wouldn't have it any other way. If a project does not challenge the builder then the final result it not quite as sweet. Yes I really did enjoy the build and I’m looking forward to another but slightly different challenge. Thanks for asking
Dave Wooley
:nod_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
:wave_1:
Hi Dave,

Well done sir, a superb job as usual :thumbs_up_1: and she looks excellent on her sea trials and at her new home in the museum!

Looking forward to seeing you at Ellesmere Port next month.

take care

Ian

_________________
Inovations in iron and steel


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
Ian kennedy wrote:
:wave_1:
Hi Dave,

Well done sir, a superb job as usual :thumbs_up_1: and she looks excellent on her sea trials and at her new home in the museum!

Looking forward to seeing you at Ellesmere Port next month.

take care

Ian

Hi Ian Good to hear and thanks see you at Ellesmere Port
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 1
hi there dave, just like to congratulate you on a mamoth yet stunning build, read threw the entire thread and my jaw was on the floor for most of it, i currently just bought a set of plans for the kiev class but unfortinaly they are pretty much junk, would you be intrested in selling a copie of the kiev plans? would be greatly apreciated, congrats again on the build dave top top work

robert hodgson


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
hodgy wrote:
hi there dave, just like to congratulate you on a mamoth yet stunning build, read threw the entire thread and my jaw was on the floor for most of it, i currently just bought a set of plans for the kiev class but unfortinaly they are pretty much junk, would you be intrested in selling a copie of the kiev plans? would be greatly apreciated, congrats again on the build dave top top work

robert hodgson

Hello Robert Thanks you so much for your kind comments. I must be perfectly honest the drawings I acquired where incomplete and leave a lot to be desired. Many of the modifications, build sketches etc associated with the build where undertaken separately and as yet I have not combined any of this work into a new set of meaningful drawings. The basic interpretation, scale and positioning was through the incomplete drawing. After that only the photographs where of any practical help .I can only offer my regret that I am unable to help with drawings at this time but if you have any questions regarding Kiev and the build please feel free to ask.
Dave Wooley
:thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
Perhaps as a fitting conclusion to the build and the eventual destination of the Kiev model I was very touched indeed to receive from former crew members of the Kiev this banner mounted and framed. What can I say, only a thank you to all who helped with this project and particularly those former crew members of the Aviation Cruiser KNEB.
Image
Dave Wooley
Project concluded.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 pm 
The most wonderful three days I've ever spent, reading through this build. It's inspired me to tyr a new level of detail in my 1:160 ships. Thank you so much!


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
Guest wrote:
The most wonderful three days I've ever spent, reading through this build. It's inspired me to tyr a new level of detail in my 1:160 ships. Thank you so much!

Guest you are more than welcome and I am delighted you have found the reading helpful . All the very best with your 1:160 models .
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:39 am
Posts: 96
Hi Dave

Been away from the site for a while and coming back your build was where i headed straight for!

Absolutely sensational work and an inspiration to us all! I know that you have moved me for one to try new things and aim to improve!

Hopefully the pics helped earlier in some minor way!

Thanks for the build thread! AWESOME!

Cheers

Steve


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
travelling_man wrote:
Hi Dave

Been away from the site for a while and coming back your build was where i headed straight for!

Absolutely sensational work and an inspiration to us all! I know that you have moved me for one to try new things and aim to improve!

Hopefully the pics helped earlier in some minor way!

Thanks for the build thread! AWESOME!

Cheers

Steve

Steve I am delighted that you have returned to MW. I owe you big time for all of the help that you have provided . I doubt very much that the Kiev model would have progressed as far as it did without your photographic contribution .
At least I can now thank you for all you have done.
Dave Wooley
:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 2
Hi Dave,

congratulation to this fantastic model of the Kiev. :thumbs_up_1:

I'm from Germany and I've planned to build the Kiev too (in 1:100 scale).
But I didn't found suitable Plans of this ship so far. Especially the body plans of the frames are non-satisfying.

So my question: Where did you get your model plans?

Greetings
Steffen

_________________
Completed:
Battleship Bismarck 1:100
Battlecruiser SMS Seydlitz 1:100 --- Video
Nuclear submarine Typhoon class TK-208 1:100 --- Video
Under construction:
---
Planned:
Aircraft carrier Kiev 1:100


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
Cebenpeter wrote:
Hi Dave,

congratulation to this fantastic model of the Kiev. :thumbs_up_1:

I'm from Germany and I've planned to build the Kiev too (in 1:100 scale).
But I didn't found suitable Plans of this ship so far. Especially the body plans of the frames are non-satisfying.

So my question: Where did you get your model plans?

Greetings
Steffen

Hello Steffen Thank you for your kind words .The plans I used were an incomplete set which where made available, some years ago by a Russian Model maker friend . Unfortunately the quality left a bit to be desired and if it wasn't for the photos I could not have built the model. Some years ago a Polish Model magazine published a small single page drawing which included the GA and body plan, I'll see if I still have a copy of that magazine. . Thanks for your interest I wish you well with your Kiev project.
Dave Wooley
:thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 2
Hello Dave,

it would be nice, when you still have a copy of the polish magazine.
Otherwise i have to merge my two bad body plans to a fair one, so I can start with the build.

Your fantastic documentation will be a great help for me. Therefor thank you very much!!!

Greetings
Steffen

_________________
Completed:
Battleship Bismarck 1:100
Battlecruiser SMS Seydlitz 1:100 --- Video
Nuclear submarine Typhoon class TK-208 1:100 --- Video
Under construction:
---
Planned:
Aircraft carrier Kiev 1:100


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Indonesia
I realy like this project
:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

_________________
_"Drink Up My Darling Yoo Hoo"_


Under Constructions:
1/144 HMS Novorossiysk


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 4131
Location: Liverpool
For those of you that have been trying in vain to access the pictures of the Kiev build well I've managed to get the whole lot back on line .for those that perhaps have not seen these before ,I trust you will gain something from them and if you have any questions fire away. :cool_2:
Thanks and my apologies for any inconvenience.
Dave Wooley


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group