The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
Hi all!.
I am Keumho Kim from Korea.
For ten years, we have been forcused on Dry Transfers for Aero modelers with brand Hobbydecal.
From some years ago we have developed some materials as auto lathe for brass barrels and masts. and Laser cut woodend deck including blue deck. and some other materials.
We've just relased some blue decks for Independence and Missouri.
Now we are developing Essex class blue deck sets and will be release within this month.

Please visit our web page http://pontosmodel.com

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you
Keumho Kim
Pontosmodel /Hobbydecal /Hobbyway, INC.

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 pm
Posts: 2421
The hull markings dry-transfer decal sets look very interesting. Would you consider separate sets? And if so, adding a few black markings would be most useful as well. Some Royal Navy warships had black markings above the boot topping and white markings below them, with one set of numbers half black, half white.

Or more to the point: should you want to make an HMS Hood set, try including two-colored draft markings. You have it planned for release end of this month?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:47 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
EJFoeth wrote:
The hull markings dry-transfer decal sets look very interesting. Would you consider separate sets? And if so, adding a few black markings would be most useful as well. Some Royal Navy warships had black markings above the boot topping and white markings below them, with one set of numbers half black, half white.

Or more to the point: should you want to make an HMS Hood set, try including two-colored draft markings. You have it planned for release end of this month?

Thank you for your advice.
I've already modified and printed out as your advice.
Hood wooden deck is now being drawn and fit and surely will be come 1st August with above common HMS dry transfer.

Thak you
Kim


Attachments:
350-DSCN0693.JPG
350-DSCN0693.JPG [ 141.47 KiB | Viewed 6617 times ]

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 1271
Location: Schodack Landing, NY
Pontosmodel wrote:
Hi all!.
I am Keumho Kim from Korea.
For ten years, we have been forcused on Dry Transfers for Aero modelers with brand Hobbydecal.
From some years ago we have developed some materials as auto lathe for brass barrels and masts. and Laser cut woodend deck including blue deck. and some other materials.
We've just relased some blue decks for Independence and Missouri.
Now we are developing Essex class blue deck sets and will be release within this month.

Please visit our web page http://pontosmodel.com

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you
Keumho Kim
Pontosmodel /Hobbydecal /Hobbyway, INC.


Kim, thank you for announcing these new products here and for your sponsorship of this forum.

Any plans for decks in 1:700 scale? I would think the aircraft decks in blue would attract interest, and might suggest, in that same vein, that mahogany-stained decks for the Lexington and Saratoga (in either scale) might be of interest as well.

I will note, too, that there have been some recent posts/inquiries about decal needs for 1:700 scale submarines. If you have any interest in the challenge of producing decals in this scale, I'd be pleased to provide more details.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:22 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
D-Boy wrote:
Kim, thank you for announcing these new products here and for your sponsorship of this forum.

Any plans for decks in 1:700 scale? I would think the aircraft decks in blue would attract interest, and might suggest, in that same vein, that mahogany-stained decks for the Lexington and Saratoga (in either scale) might be of interest as well.

I will note, too, that there have been some recent posts/inquiries about decal needs for 1:700 scale submarines. If you have any interest in the challenge of producing decals in this scale, I'd be pleased to provide more details.


Hi D-Boy,
As all makers for these kind, our ultimate destination is to release all decks if possible.
However we have limit in time and Especially for me I am now scribing barrels myself, designing PE and printing Dry decals by myself. But I promise we will release 1 new deck per week or two decks per 2 weeks or 4 new decks per month. In really now Tamiya Bis/Tirpitz, New Jersey finished fitting and waiting for producing.
Please keep our webpage for releasing date.
Now Yorktown (Essex class) is urgent for us.
1/700 we already finished fitting main battle ships waiting for producing.
1/700 US Aircrafts(Enterprise and Vogue and other class) with 20-B also within our near project.

Any information for submarines is welcome.
Printing dry transfer is my main job for 10years.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:22 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
Hi All,

All our Deck products included Black Anchor chain(about 20cm long). This black is matt and hard to scratch.
But there is no mid protector for each chain ring.
Image

Thank you
Keumho Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 352
You make a deck for Hasegawa's Mikasa and I'll buy it.
Also one of the 350 scale destroyers like Yukikase if they had wooden decks.


Eric Bergerud

_________________
A model boat is much cheaper than a real one and will not sink with you in it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:48 am
Posts: 61
how do we order from you? do you accept paypal?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:11 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
Eric Bergerud wrote:
You make a deck for Hasegawa's Mikasa and I'll buy it.
Also one of the 350 scale destroyers like Yukikase if they had wooden decks.


Eric Bergerud

Eric,
Almost decks have been developed and waiting for being released.
But I am sorry that we have communicated with Hasegawa so if there are their original same products we would not release.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
rdenman62 wrote:
how do we order from you? do you accept paypal?


Just email me, I will let you know the total price including shipping fee.
Paypal is the best for us now.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 am
Posts: 26
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Hi Kim,

I have a question:
Why is the deck of the USS CVL-22 Independence in 20-B Deck Blue?

The wooden decks of the CV, CVL and CVE from the US-Navy was in 21 Flight Deck Stain or 250N Norfolk Flight Deck Stain.
Or perhaps not?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
Lance wrote:
Hi Kim,

I have a question:
Why is the deck of the USS CVL-22 Independence in 20-B Deck Blue?

The wooden decks of the CV, CVL and CVE from the US-Navy was in 21 Flight Deck Stain or 250N Norfolk Flight Deck Stain.
Or perhaps not?


Hi Lance,
You are right.

Some had let me know in late WWII almost CV had stained with 20B.
So I decided our blue deck in mid tone of both blues.
Practically our Blue deck is a slight darker than CV blue and a slight lighter than 20B.
H company also decided this blue for their CV option part and released.

All who watched our real blue deck tone have been satisfied with this tone.
I hope you are also one of them.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 am
Posts: 26
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Hi Kim,
thank you for your quick answer!

Is a wooden deck for the 1/350 Arizona planned?

Best wishes
Christian


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 am
Posts: 546
"1/700 we already finished fitting main battle ships waiting for producing.
1/700 US Aircrafts(Enterprise and Vogue and other class) with 20-B also within our near project".
[/quote]

This is goods news. With 1/700, I think you will be reaching a market that you would have otherwise passed by, with only offering 1/350. Many of us do not find the larger scales practical.

_________________
"Why spoil the beauty of a thing with legalities"
Teddy Roosevelt .."The Wind & The Lion"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 pm 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
Lance wrote:
Hi Kim,
thank you for your quick answer!

Is a wooden deck for the 1/350 Arizona planned?

Best wishes
Christian


Now other ships are waiting for being released.
But if we have the kit, even 1 set can be released.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:49 pm 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
pagodaphile wrote:
Quote:
"1/700 we already finished fitting main battle ships waiting for producing.
1/700 US Aircrafts(Enterprise and Vogue and other class) with 20-B also within our near project".


This is goods news. With 1/700, I think you will be reaching a market that you would have otherwise passed by, with only offering 1/350. Many of us do not find the larger scales practical.


Wood sheet may be some thicker for 1/700 though the effect is better than painting.
So I am searching the thinner material for 1/700 or making sheet.
I would not be YESMAN but I will try to do my best for as many decks as possible.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 am
Posts: 2
Hey,

I tried to send an email to your help@pontonmodel.com in order to inquiry your product, but it seems this addres is wrong since system told me Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:00 pm
Posts: 10758
Location: Calgary, AB/Surrey, B.C., Canada
If you typed that exact address, then it's spelt wrong - there's a wrong 'n' in the 'pontonmodel' part, which should be an 's', as in 'pontosmodel'.

_________________
De quoi s'agit-il?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:48 am
Posts: 480
Location: La Rochelle, France
Hello Kim,

I just received your Independence flight deck.
:woo_hoo:
AFAIK it's the first time a US carrier kit wooden deck is made with the grain of the wood in the right direction, i.e. transversally.
That makes your deck highly realistic, but somewhat difficult to handle.
This deck is really awesome and almost to scale with a thickness of .26mm, giving 91mm to scale. The PE accessories are very nice too.
Love the lift PE borders.

I'm waiting now for a similar deck for Essexes and for French BB Richelieu.
As for Richelieu, will it be possible to have it tinted natural wood?

_Bruno

_________________
A day spent without laughing is a wasted day!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
bgire wrote:
Hello Kim,


I'm waiting now for a similar deck for Essexes and for French BB Richelieu.
As for Richelieu, will it be possible to have it tinted natural wood?

_Bruno


We've bought and got this French ship kit.
If I make this Wooden deck as kit standard, I can make within one day.
But I would and should study more for the colors of deck or shape of deck because I am sure Trumpeter might have some faults in realizing deck.
I also would scribe Barrels and Mast an yardarms for this ship
At this point, You French can give me some advices for these matters.
I will follow your advices because I do not know detailly for this Richelieu.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group