The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:36 pm 

To all of us who have been waiting for a 1/350 scale Nelson class battleship.
I was recently able to make contact with someone at Trumpeter models, my inquiry was the status of the 1/350 scale HMS Rodney And HMS Nelson that’s been posted as a TBA now for the last five years.

Unfortunately the news is not good, they stated that they currently have no plans to develop these kits. I believe that If we can show significant interest in these ships we can sway their decision.

So please reach out and let’s see if we can rally enough of us to make it happen!

Thank you

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:10 pm 

Well I just wanted to thank everyone for their support on this, but one vote is not enough to sway trumpeter into developing the 1/350 scale Nelson class.

So back to our original plan to modify a 1/350 HMS Prince of Whales.

Ok so here’s an update. I am officially tired of waiting for Trumpeter to release their 1/350 scale HMS Rodney, I have therefor decided to build one myself.
Now I could scratch build from the keel up which would make it my second scratch built hull (I did a 1/350 scale scratch build of the Russian Helicopter Carrier Moskva for which I did a post) but after doing some research have found that the HMS Prince of Whales hull is really close to the same as the Nelson class so we will go with that.

Everything else from the hull up will be scratch built. I received my Tamiya Prince of whales kit yesterday so we will begin soon I just have to print out the line drawing I found online printed to scale and off we go.

I will post updates as I go!

Attachments:
E41F6E6F-7A17-480D-88E5-E215CA992354.png
E41F6E6F-7A17-480D-88E5-E215CA992354.png [ 351.57 KiB | Viewed 701 times ]