The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

What kit(s) would you like to see made in 1/350? PICK 2
HMS Renown (rebuilt)
Revenge Class Battleship
County Class Cruiser
Nelson Class Battleship
Rebuilt Big 5
USN Cage Mast BB (WWI)
Pre War Big 5
Cleveland Class Cruiser
Alaska Class Battlecruiser
Leipzig Class Cruiser
KUK Viribus Unitus
Conte di Cavour / Andrea Doria Class BB
Admiral Scheer / Lutzow
Leander Class light cruiser
Portland Class cruiser
Retooled Iowa Class (WWII/Modern)
Angled Deck Essex / Midway class
Illustrious Class (WWII)
Audacious Class carrier
Soryu Class carrier
You may select up to 2 options

View results
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 pm 

The absence of an Ark Royal kit is as perplexing as the lack of a good Yorktown class kit.

I'd also like to see a Sendai class CL. Maybe all the three funnel versions are a prelude to the larger ones . . . I hope.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:24 am 

Location: Cologne / Germany, sometimes Poznan/ Poland and Chessington/ UK
Well,

most wanted kits includes of course re-tooled or better made kits of ships. But there are ships who are still not existing at all as 1/350 kit - see Rodney / Nelson - I prefer more these missing kits ... and in matter of Nelson class too, because my main area is Royal Navy. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am 

Greetings all.

I would like to see IJN Kaga and IJN Hiei.
I think a late war DKM Scheer would be good too.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:14 am 

I am still down for a Baltimore-class or Des Moines-class CA. That would be an awesome build!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:44 am 
I vote CV-6, as commissioned USS Midway CV-41, Andrea Doria(the passenger liner) all in 1:350 scale.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 am 

Nelson Class (already made a thread about 1/350 HMS Rodney) and the Alaska Class Battlecruisers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 pm 

My votes went for Nelson and Renown, but....

Baltimore class.. beautiful ships.. Springfield too

Also I really would love a Sumner and Clemson/Wickes class. You can get so many varieties of Benson/Gearing or Fletcher but no Sumner (at least there's some nice Gleaves) or Clemson/Wickes (which I love partially because I went to Clemson, and partly due to the huge variety of configurations).

And let's not forget subs.. A nice Balao would be sweet!

Also surprised there's no Duke of York from Tamiya. I guess they don't want a third in the same class, but I figure DOY would be more popular than POW based on it's history.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:12 am 

Quote:
I figure DOY would be more popular than POW based on it's history.

Noop,

it's not a ship's success that makes it famous, it's the drama. :big_grin: So PoW is much more dramatic than DoY, apparently. If Scharnhorst had seen chance to sink DoY instead, the story would surely have been different. :eyebrows:

Similarly: Titanic is much, much more dramatic than Normandie, or QM, or United States. That's why we have tons of Titanic kits, and not a single one of Normandie (for example), and very minimalistic ones of the other two.

So that answers also why we only have a Scharnhorst kit in 1:350, not a Gneisenau. And as the ocasion went by largely unnoticed in 1943 (it was Christmas, you know :lol_4: ) we have gotten that Scharhorst kit only recently.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:07 pm 
Bill545 wrote:
My votes went for Nelson and Renown, but....

Baltimore class.. beautiful ships.. Springfield too

Also I really would love a Sumner and Clemson/Wickes class. You can get so many varieties of Benson/Gearing or Fletcher but no Sumner (at least there's some nice Gleaves) or Clemson/Wickes (which I love partially because I went to Clemson, and partly due to the huge variety of configurations).

And let's not forget subs.. A nice Balao would be sweet!

Also surprised there's no Duke of York from Tamiya. I guess they don't want a third in the same class, but I figure DOY would be more popular than POW based on it's history.

Well, you can build any one of the five King George V class battleships (KGV; POW; DOY; Anson or Howe) at any point in their careers from the two kits currently available from Tamiya: HMS King George V for a later fit; or HMS Prince of Wales for an earlier fit, with the right Photo Etch Set and some after market bits n bobs. So, I cannot see them releasing one packaged as DOY.

Currently in my stash I have the POW kit awaiting conversion to KGV is she was during the Bismarck Episode. I have the PE from WEM, along with some resin UP launchers from WEM, and with a little scratch building of their shields you have a KGV! The same could work equally well for DOY!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:13 pm 

of the ones listed...I would like Wyoming, but next (#2) is actually HMS Agincourt, or IJN Satsuma (preferably in original DN design with single 12" wing turrets)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:05 pm 

USS Langley HSV-2 swift

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:03 am 

Alaska and Revenge for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:00 am 

My votes go to County class cruiser and Leander light cruiser, preferly the modified version... (Yes, I have a thing for RAN ships...)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm 

ThomasBorg wrote:
My votes go to County class cruiser and Leander light cruiser, preferly the modified version... (Yes, I have a thing for RAN ships...)

I had a 600 scale Ajax as a kid (still have it somewhere) made the 4" sec. & TTs pivot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:57 pm 
Guest wrote:
I vote CV-6

+1. My favorite ship. Also SS Normandie, Queen Elizabeth, both are as of 1930s-1940s.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 pm 

Although I usually prefer building 1/700 waterline kits from the Second World War, for 1/350 scale, I would prefer more modern ships, which were not among the choices in the online poll above.

This would include:

1.) the US Coast Guard's Hamilton class cutters- with mods to depict the class members which were sold off and re-rated as frigates by the navies of the Philippines, Bangladesh and Nigeria.

2.) The Canadian Coast Guard's icebreakers CGS Hudson and the CGS Amundsen.

Other kits I might also want in 1/350 would be from World War I, namely:

3.) The battleship HMS Iron Duke

4.) The battleship HMS Canada/Chile's Almirante Latorre.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:06 am 

My vote is for Illustrious or county class. It is about time we saw an RN carrier. Another cruiser wouldn't hurt either. Its great to see so many options for WWII, I would love to see some other eras represented, maybe an Iron Duke, or even an Olympia. I'd love to see some more support and assault craft represented - lets see an LST

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 am 

How about a 1/350 (Plastic) Atlanta class light cruiser , better yet, the USS Juneau (CL-52).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 pm 

wallyball wrote:
How about a 1/350 (Plastic) Atlanta class light cruiser , better yet, the USS Juneau (CL-52).

If you look at the Dragon/DML 2013-2014 catalogue you will find a USS Atlanta model offered in the 1/350 section.

Item number 1039.

When I mean the Dragon catalogue, please don't confuse this with the CyberHobby model spinoff catalogue that features Dragon kits.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:37 pm 

Hey CCGSailor,
Thanks for reply, however, I just searched every possible (I think) Dragon website and couldn't find anything regarding a 1/350 Atlanta Cruiser. What am I missing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next