The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:12 am 

What a superb set of parts.
Recently received this set and to me this is a giant step forward for Flyhawk. I have always found their sets to be of top quality but this time l get the impression that they have really been listening to comments from us the customers.
It contains 313 machined brass components together with 158 resin and 19 etched brass frets. All these have been very carefully packed to ensure no damage during despatch (as much as you can anyway!) with all the small machined and resin items packed by component number and labeled so there can be no doubt what you are looking at - no searching through an illustrated list with a handful of parts trying to see what each one is. Even the etched brass frets have been individually mounted onto card and put into polythene sleeves to protect them. The quality of all the items looks top class.
I see that many of the resin castings are already available as separate items if required and hope those that are not yet will also become available.
I thought the IJN Kongo set released earlier this year was good but this latest release puts that into the shade.

Well done Flyhawk..., and dare l say l look forward to future releases with bated breath.

:good_one: :thanks: :worship_1:

Alang from UK

Report this post