The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:16 pm 

Hello, All... this is M. Mares and I JUST Purchased some of L' ARSENAL a-c in both 1/700 and 1/800..... :cool_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Why, two (2) scales?? 1) To see if they can re-scale their product, but 2) MOSTLY because I have ALL of 'Arii' A/C kits, from their MIDWAY CV-41 -> their ABRAHAM LINCOLN -> and Even their FORRESTAL-class ships!!! And the a-c on those kits are a bit "out-of-date" and needed something with More Detail!!

I Asked L' ARSENAL if they can re-scale them and they did!!! I want to share some of my photos of the process of removing and showcasing these Fine ( FINE in detail and delicacy ) of these kits. They come with weapons and a-c five (5) a-c/baggie, so lets see what they look like........

Look at the wheels!!!

I used both nippers and a new X-Acto knife to remove the 3D-printed trees......those trees are as Thin as Whiskers on your beard!!!

...Get a better knife!!!

I would go section by section to remove trees with tweezers, but be ULTRA-Careful!!! There is some Superb detail coming....

A-7A is Almost freed, but look at those wheels, Minimal layering of 3D-printed casting!

This is 3D-Printed??!!??!! :good_job: :nod_1:

Compare to my 'Arii' A-7....there IS a difference!!

F-14s coming up in 1/800 scale....

...not bad....

Wait, Isn't that the AXX-1 sensor on the nose, Dual wheels, and doors??!! :big_eyes:

Yes, underside Does have pylons for Phoenix missiles, even the pylon under the WINGS!!!

My ... ahem... "half-built" F-14 from 'Arii', with GMM PE and scratch fuel tanks.

Is there a comparison??!!! :shock:

EVEN the Tail pipes!!!! (Jeezzzz!!)

OH, and here is a video of a review of those same planes, hope you like them!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfDEo3GXQkA

Last edited by mmaresm on Mon May 22, 2023 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:41 pm 

....OH But WAIT, there is a bit more....... since I want to show their F/A-18Cs, but in 1/700 scale and the weapons of the above a-c!!

Removal of those trees is Quite delicate, here, you can see the right side elevator and wing have been cleared, using nippers and knife!

BUT, Watch Out.....the Landing Gear is MOST Delicate!!!

Use knife to cut under the product and nippers to cut base of trees off, removal by tweezers!

Broke off a wheel (right main) due to "mass" of 3D-printed trees down the center of a-c.

Although this is an incorrect comparison....you have 'Arii' kit planes (in 1/800 with scratch-built fuel tanks) and custom decals, in the back; L' ARSENAL plane 1/700 in the front.

Top view.....( Can ALMOST see Tom Cruise 'Maverick' walking alongside ) :shock:

NOW, as for the weapons....What are we looking at..... In the following pictures I labeled (in orange) L' ARSENAL weapons, I Hope I got them in order....

A-7Es --> A) FLIR (?)x3, B) Mk82 'Snake-eye' on MERs x4, C) empty TERs/MERs/empty pylons x4, D) MERs & TERs of Mk82s x4, E) fuel tanks or Large bombs (??), 1) Sidewinders x10, 2) 1000lbs bombs (single) x4

F/A-18Cs --> Arrow) fuel tanks, A) empty MERs x4, below "A" 500lbs bombs x4, B) 2000lbs bombs x4, C) {this is the tough one} double side-side Sidewinders x4, below "C" double side-side 500lbs bombs, below "below 'C' GBU-12 x8, and below "below,Below 'C'" GBU-10s [larger ones] x4, bottom edge of "C" empty TERs :crazy: :dead: (MY EYES!!!)

Opposite view of above.

F-14s --> A) Sparrows x10, B) Phoenix -x16, C) Sidewinders x8.

F-14s other side weapons on wing pylons --> 1) Sidewinder/Sidewinder, 2) Sidewinder/Phoenix, 3) Sidewinder/Sparrow, 4) Sidewinder solo, 5) empty pylon

'Arii' a-c tree, with "Grayer L' ARSENAL " 1/800 F-14!!

Intakes (recessed), fuel tanks and Main Gear!!!

S O ...... I Hope that you like my reviews and pictures, ask me questions if you have any.

And Thanks to L' ARSENAL for their work in re-scaling!!!

Ciao

M. Mares

Report this post