The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:42 pm 

Yes I'll be starting with all hopes this weekend this tank on the water. It will be for RC. A kit as well. Vacuum formed hull. Resin deck and super structure. Hopefully a metal cast fittings kit.

As soon as I start the hull I'll start posting pictures. but bare with me as I own my own forum and will be doing double duty. Movie work is so slow I'm doing models for a living 24/7. My new building service has a back log already so Hollywood can kiss my Rossie read HONK! LOL! Besides. It's not what it use to be and either are the movies or those who make them.

I've started a new website for my new business. It's still under construction and I have much to add. http://www.subpirateshobbies.com It will grow.

Here's some pictures of the Russian Tank boat. This is the MIG 1/35 scale model. I will be doing the version with two T-34 turrets. The more guns the better! Can't wait to start. I'll be working evenings and weekends on here. Hope you all enjoy it. I know I will.

Steve

Attachments:
BKkit3.jpg
BKkit3.jpg [ 166.61 KiB | Viewed 4801 times ]
BKkit4.jpg
BKkit4.jpg [ 131.73 KiB | Viewed 4809 times ]
BKkit9.jpg
BKkit9.jpg [ 213.86 KiB | Viewed 4744 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 am 

Mig kit is resin and available through R&J Enterprises.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:38 am 

I know absolutely nothing about those boats, but, man, I love the mean and rusty look of them!

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:41 am 

Devin wrote:
I know absolutely nothing about those boats, but, man, I love the mean and rusty look of them!

If any one is interested there is a full explanation of their use and the various types built in "Soviet Warships of the Second World War " by Jurg Meister .
Dave Wooley

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:29 am 

Steve,

Glad to see you posting your project here! :thumbs_up_1:

When do expect to have the kits available as its created quite a lot of interest since you first announced your plans to get into this new vocation full-time.

Would you consider offering any armament options since these boats apparently were modified extensively in theater.

Chuck

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:33 am 

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile Chuck. I had two customer builds to do that were both real bears! They are done now and I'm revamping and old kit of mine now to make it better for a new release. Nearly done and once it is I'll be starting the hull for the BK. First I'm going to get the boat on the market and I will then consider different armament and upgrades.

Thanks for bumping this up Chuck. Interest has been low but that will change once people start seeing the boat actually being made. There's a lot of talk on the net and no action. People don't know me here so it can be assumed. I always do what I announce and quickly at that once I start on it.

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:49 pm 

steve! that was cool looking boat man!! i love... are you planning on doing it 1/48, 1/35? or bigger? have you seen the Russian torp-boats??

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?ARM-019

you could so one of these too... then they could patrol hansen together!!

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:56 pm 

Hey Reid! No Darrin Hathaway is doing that boat. My BK will be 1/25 last I checked. Big enough!

Working on the 1/350 Liberty ship for a weekend build. Motor installed and stuffing box. Moving on to the rudder! I need the basket weaving. I'll start a thread here soon tonight on the Liberty. I'll post the Hood video too!

Steve

Last edited by U812 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:43 pm 

Steve,

Glad to hear that your new building service has you in the weeds! :cool_2:

So it will be 1/32? That's fine with me since it will fit in better with the Elco PT & S-100 I now have.

No need to be concerned about lack of action. As I mentioned earlier, Don @ Loyalhanna has expressed interest in adding your BK125 to his line once a complete kit is ready to go, so you're going to see some sales. Looking forward to your build photos once you start! :thumbs_up_1:

Chuck

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:35 pm 

Well I have a clean table again. But I am getting the 598 revamped. Soon as it's done i will start the BK. But turnkeys for now are at a stand still.

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:45 am 

Chuck and Reid. I started some work on the BK tonight. It's 1/25! I've been away from it for awhile and had forgot. Gantu cleaned up the plans and cross section bulkheads so I'm ready to start cutting formers and foam.

35.6" is the length.

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:35 pm 

steve can u email me some info on the G-5... don't get the wrong idea.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:46 pm 

Reid I don't have a thing on the G-5. Darrin does though. Wish he was on this forum but you can ask him on mine. Back to Anti-foul.

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:27 pm 

what is the estimated price of the BK?

are there any pics of Darrins G-5? somewhere... been serfin' Subpirate... :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:09 pm 

Reid you got me right now but you can be sure I'll take care of you. Dock discount for friends.

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 pm 

Well it begins finally.

Thanks to Gantu my work was made a bit easier as he found plans and cross sections which he took the time to clean up for me. Huge help!

All I had to do was enlarge everything to the proper scale. Now that the cross sections are printed out and the plans with the cross sections clearly marked the work can begin.

Next to transfer and glue to card board all the cross sections and cut. Harden the edges with thin CA. Once this is done I can take my block of high density foam and cut it to shape and mark the cross sections. Then I'll cut them on the band saw and tack the formers either side and start cutting this hull.

Steve

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 78.34 KiB | Viewed 4610 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 116.43 KiB | Viewed 4610 times ]

Last edited by U812 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:47 pm 

So I got all the formers scaled. Transfered to cardboard and cut out. Cut my foam block and marked the center and the cross sections. It doesn't get any easier.

Tomorrow I'll sand the formers to the outside black line. A bit of thin CA and sand again until smooth. The foam will be cut on the band saw at the cross section stations. Then the hot wire cutting can begin. Once that's all done we should have a hull to put together and take our first look.

Once I'm happy with it and do a bit of sanding, I'll glass the hull. Once that sets 24 hours and I sand it smooth the fun begins.

More tomorrow.

Steve

Attachments:
7.jpg
7.jpg [ 66.6 KiB | Viewed 4606 times ]
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 59.29 KiB | Viewed 4616 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 62.31 KiB | Viewed 4600 times ]

Last edited by U812 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:57 pm 

where do u get your foam? and what is it? how do u cut it? very cool... from the way u build u should be done in no time!

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:06 pm 

Reid,

If you really want to see how this guy makes sausage, you'll want to follow Steve's build over at SP http://www.subpirates.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4020. Am certain he'll be posting the highlights for all to see here, but you'll see the real work in progress over there. He just posted the first photos of the shaped hull & its a beauty! :woo_hoo:

Chuck

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 pm 

ok problem... i got a ya they are really cool... so things are looking up!! also i was lookin @ SP and the T-34 turret plans... the turret looks to flat.. i think it need to be a bit taller... just lettin ya know if u don't already...

http://www.onwar.com/tanks/ussr/profiles/pt347641.htm
vs.
http://www.subpirates.com/download/file.php?id=2638

i don't know if they had the same turrets but they sure look the same in the pics

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next