PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:33 am 

A whole new bunch of screen shot. And its nearly done, aparrently :destroyer:

http://www.gamesquad.com/index.php?opti ... &aid=1379#

Post subject: Re: jutland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:32 am 

Holy! That looks cool!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:12 am 

The Demo for Jutland is now available for download from Stormeaglestudios.com. I've been anxiously waiting for this game for a long time! It's obviously been a labor of love for its developers and one that I'm sure will provide a whole new level for serious naval gamers. Enjoy!

John

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:47 pm 

I downloaded the Jutland demo. It seems to run, but when I issue order for individual ships or divisions to change course, nothing happens. However, speed change orders work. So I am wondering if the demo version is fully working. I just want to confirm that the demo fully works before I pay for the professional version. Am I missing anything in trying to change course?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:24 am 

chuck wrote:
I downloaded the Jutland demo. It seems to run, but when I issue order for individual ships or divisions to change course, nothing happens. However, speed change orders work. So I am wondering if the demo version is fully working. I just want to confirm that the demo fully works before I pay for the professional version. Am I missing anything in trying to change course?

After plotting a course change you then have to issue a turn immediatly or turn in succession which will afect the behaviour of your division. single ships only have turn immediattly. To plan a turn in advance, say 1000 metres use the waypoins function...

There is a pdf manual in the game folder,which explains better :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:36 pm 

Thanks. I eventually figured it out. (or rather remembered from Distant Guns). The formation keeping logic seems to have improved over what was in Distant Guns. When the Queen Elizabeth, which was in the van of my battleline, suffered a steering failure and started to turn in circles, the rest of the battleline was able to intelligently steer around her and reform into a proper line fairly quickly, and even able to execute new course change commands while doing it.

However, a command available in Distant guns, to steer a formation by guiding it on an ship in another formation, seems to have been taken out. That was a useful command that enables the user to subdivide a long battleline into manageable squadrons, and yet allows each squadron to follow another designated squadron, thus enabling the battleline to maneuver without having to issue commands to individual squadron. Now separate commands need to be issued to each squadron in a battleline if the battleline were to maneuver as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:57 am 

The game editor has a number of serious bugs. So far completely disappointed with SES's so called "custom support". The user license states that only automatic installation of update is allowed, and is brusque to the point of rudeness in telling the users, in effect, to get bent if they attempt to install any updates manually. Yet the autmatic installation failed each time when I open the game. When I tried to log onto their support issue ticket system, it would not accept the account number and user ID THEY SENT ME. I tried to email them using the address on their isue system website, so far no response.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:19 am 

chuck wrote:
However, a command available in Distant guns, to steer a formation by guiding it on an ship in another formation, seems to have been taken out.

No that comand is still there the manual says

"Guide on Other Division – The selected division will follow the division of the ship under the mouse cursor. This button will only appear if a division leader is the currently selected ship, and the mouse cursor is over a ship belonging to another division when you right click to bring up the flyout."

Also if you didnt know already SES uses gamesquad forums as they have none of there owm . Bullithead is verry helfull about any problems

http://forums.gamesquad.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245

Hop you get your issues sorted as this game is worth every penny :destroyer:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:54 pm 

chuck wrote:
The game editor has a number of serious bugs. So far completely disappointed with SES's so called "custom support". The user license states that only automatic installation of update is allowed, and is brusque to the point of rudeness in telling the users, in effect, to get bent if they attempt to install any updates manually. Yet the autmatic installation failed each time when I open the game. When I tried to log onto their support issue ticket system, it would not accept the account number and user ID THEY SENT ME. I tried to email them using the address on their isue system website, so far no response.

Hi Chuck

Don't know if you got your updating problem sorted, but try right-clicking the Jutland desktop shortcut and choosing "run as administrator" - that should fix most problems with downloading automatic updates (it did for mine).

regards

smithcorp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:44 pm 

I am running Vista, and appearently I needed to disable security on the Jutland executable to install updates.

Has anyone found a way to delete user scenarios?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 am 

I don't have any user scenarios of my own, but if there was, I suspect they would be located in a "user scenario" folder located at
C:\Program Files\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland\Data2

or maybe it will be created and stored in the
C:\Program Files\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland\Data2\scenario
folder.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:17 am 

Yeah, they're just in the data2/scenario folder - just delete the .RJB file for the user scenario you want to get rid of.