Attachment:
File comment: Agincourt Rear Superstructure View 2
HMS_Agincourt_rearsuper-s_102601.jpg
HMS_Agincourt_rearsuper-s_102601.jpg [ 120.95 KiB | Viewed 6492 times ]

Hope this aids you.

Cheers,
George

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:41 am 

Wow! Those are awesome! Thanks George...I'll download them to my PC and review them before I go any further on Agincourt. Guess it's a good thing I've been too busy to build lately!

EDIT: Looks like my "stanchions" to hold the up bridge are a little off (actually, just one) as compared to this drawing, but I'm not sure I'll change it. Also, the large cylindrical item on the starboard bridge - is that an insulator for the aerials? I know Invincible carried something similar, and was only on the starboard side. Pity their is only a view of one side of the bridge.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:01 pm 

Martin,

The large cylinder is the 6" gun director and one is located on the port and starboard side of the bridge.

Cheers,
George

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 am 

George Hargreaves wrote:
Martin,

The large cylinder is the 6" gun director and one is located on the port and starboard side of the bridge.

Cheers,
George

George,

Many thanks!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:48 pm 

Looks to me like the mainmast (and the searchlights) are painted black in this photo. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

Attachments:
File comment: Naval Historical Center Photo 41763
NHCPhoto41763.jpg
NHCPhoto41763.jpg [ 48.46 KiB | Viewed 6488 times ]

Ship Model Gallery
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:52 pm 

i would guess it is black ,i think the reason for this is the mast would get black from smoke from the boilers anyhow, i believe kgv class did the same.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm 

MartinJQuinn wrote:
Looks to me like the mainmast (and the searchlights) are painted black in this photo. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

I too vote for black.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:29 pm 

Hi,

Picture is of HMS Agincourt in 1918 with HMS Erin. Here is another picture taken in 1918; no black, this would be contrary to Grand Fleet painting.

Cheers,
George
Attachment:
Agincourt in 1918a.jpg
Agincourt in 1918a.jpg [ 90.17 KiB | Viewed 6474 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 am 

Perhaps it's soot, not paint, and it is clean off after each sortie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 am 

George Hargreaves wrote:
Hi,

Picture is of HMS Agincourt in 1918 with HMS Erin. Here is another picture taken in 1918; no black, this would be contrary to Grand Fleet painting.

Cheers,
George
Attachment:
Agincourt in 1918a.jpg

Hi George
what your highlighting is the constant change seen in thes ships during wartime. Painting the ship was a occasional event and she will have had black top-masts and the grey you show at different periods in her career.

The RN used to, and still does, paint the top masts black as it hides funnel dirt.

My best

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 am 

Thanks for the superstructure pictures - I'm scratch building my own model of Gin Palace and they are VERY useful!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:09 pm 

Hello all. I am building ISW's 1/350 Agincourt, 1916 config as the kit state. Well, until now I was not able to find good pictures for the forward and aft superstructures for this year (and there is not so much for earlier configs, either).
The aft superstructure in particular NEEDS a set of supports to be sustainable... Any help really appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:29 pm 

HMS Erin Builders Model
An updated ink to the David Ross photos now on the Finewaterline site: http://www.finewaterline.com/pages/albums/erin/hms_erin_builders_model.html
and an example:
Attachment:
Erin 1 sm.JPG
Erin 1 sm.JPG [ 134.8 KiB | Viewed 5839 times ]

Cheers,
George

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:08 am 

Are there any recommended resources for Erin/Agincourt builds? I saw the CG WIP pictures of Agincourt's upperworks, which will help. Was this model ever finished?

1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:06 pm 

I just received my Combrig 1/700 Agincourt and well, first the positives: The hull is feakin awesome! The level of detail here is amazing. I can stare at it for hours, really. The superstructure parts are likewise lovely and I can't wait to see them painted and put together.

The drawings included are also fantastic. The level of detail I can add, just from these makes me want to start building. :)

Negatives would be the packaging. All of the parts other than the hull are in one bag, with the hull free in a wide box and (most likely during shipping) a number of the gun barrels are broken off. To be fair, I have not contacted either seller or manufacturer because I'm not sure whether it's much of a problem for me since I was probably going to scratch-build my own barrels any way.

Still, such a lovely kit deserves a better fitting box and maybe a couple of separate bags for the small parts to ride in.

Overall I give the kit high marks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm 

Is anyone aware of any PE sets offered for the Agincourt?

I'd actually be interested in PE that would have similar parts, since a lot of the fittings, boats and aerials would be similar to other British-builts of the period.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm 

I think most builders have made the most use out of WEM's Tiger class and WWI British Battleship sets:
https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM ... gpW8WiPKuU
https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM ... gpWoWiPKuU

More recently, they also put out a set for Trumpy's WWI QE kit, which should also have some usable bits: https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM ... gpXnWiPKuU

Here's Martin Quinn's build of the Combrig kit using bits, bobs, and the WEM Tiger fret: http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/sh ... Palace.htm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm 

Timmy C wrote:
I think most builders have made the most use out of WEM's Tiger class and WWI British Battleship sets:
https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM ... gpW8WiPKuU
https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM ... gpWoWiPKuU

More recently, they also put out a set for Trumpy's WWI QE kit, which should also have some usable bits: https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM ... gpXnWiPKuU

Here's Martin Quinn's build of the Combrig kit using bits, bobs, and the WEM Tiger fret: http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/sh ... Palace.htm

Thanks!

I've been fascinated with the ship for years and even had the privilege of friendship with someone who served on her. When I build her there will be a few very subtle details added as a sort of memorial to them and the stories they shared.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:54 pm 

The long-awaited Flyhawk Agincourt has now received a box art and some parts have been tooled! Shown at the 2019 All Japan Hobby Show: https://twitter.com/HobbylandOsaka/stat ... 1282855936

Attachments:
agincourt.jpg
agincourt.jpg [ 403.82 KiB | Viewed 4525 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:27 am 

Dont know if this has been posted before but this is a very accurate information for all the changes in HMS Agincourt during various dates in WWI.