The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:16 am 

Hi,
I've got the set sent to me from Lucky model shop.
Looking at the pictures here I'm happy I got it, though it is going to be a challenge :wave_1:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 am 

My set arrived today ( 6th Jan.)
This set takes P/E to a whole new planet.
Congratulations to all who made this set possible.
Regards
Richard :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:36 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Stary wrote:
Mr Kim,

Many thanks for uploading the instructions in pdf format.. it is just what santa ordered for my bad eyes! :thumbs_up_1:

Happy New Year to you and all at Pontos.

Some late in posting PDF manual I am sorry.
Happy New Year too!

Thank you
Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

braxat2000 wrote:
Hi,
I've got the set sent to me from Lucky model shop.
Looking at the pictures here I'm happy I got it, though it is going to be a challenge :wave_1:

I am also happy you are happy to get this.

Happy New year!

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

richtea wrote:
My set arrived today ( 6th Jan.)
This set takes P/E to a whole new planet.
Congratulations to all who made this set possible.
Regards

I just hope these contents be standard for the modelers on Earth.

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 am 

My set arrived,
What a lovely kit, I'm going to have fun building it.
The instructions are very small, but thank you for the PDF instructions, they should fix this issue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46 pm 

hello
I have this excellent set and I must thank you for making it I have used all the PE manufacturers and lion roar were one of the most complete sets but expensive compared to the others but your sets beat them hands down although the instructions are small hopefully this may improve in future releases the pdf download is a good idea but i am also wondering if you were planning on making a set for the new trumpeter 1/350 queen elizabeth after the yamoto set,
thanks
peter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

modelmanuk wrote:
hello
I have this excellent set and I must thank you for making it I have used all the PE manufacturers and lion roar were one of the most complete sets but expensive compared to the others but your sets beat them hands down although the instructions are small hopefully this may improve in future releases the pdf download is a good idea but i am also wondering if you were planning on making a set for the new trumpeter 1/350 queen elizabeth after the yamoto set,
thanks
peter

Peter, thank you for your comment but now we just released only 3 items.
So please look at us for more months.
As for the detail up sets of Trumpeter QE and Warspite, we have no schedule within this year but will be come at next year maybe.

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 am 

Quote:
Advice needed,
Have just looked at this set for Warspite at White Ensign Models,
it's priced at £ 137.94 Sterling including VAT.
The cost from Hobbydecal direct is $ 125 USD including postage. That works out at £ 79.01, a saving of £58.93. Has any Forum member from the UK ordered direct from Hobbydecal,
and is there any Import Tax or Duty to be considered ?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Regards
Richard

I ordered and paid for mine on the 9th of February. As most received it within the time scale mentioned I was concerned that I had still not received it. I contacted the support email but no reply was sent. After a couple more days frustration I have opened a dispute with PayPal. I have subsequently received an email stating "nothing has been shipped for the last 2 weeks" and they will be shipped Friday. Now I am a bit miffed at this because that will take around a month after payment before the set is likely to arrive at my house if it ever turns up. I would have thought that the supplier would have had the idea of posting that shipment would be delayed on the web site and also not taken payment until the order could be fulfilled. In the UK you are not debited until the order is sent if you use debit cards but also a reliable contact and response email would be helpful. It is a reasonable saving if you don’t get clobbered with import duty but I begin to wonder if the wiser route would actually be to purchase from a UK source.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 pm 

i ordered mine from luckymodels and it came in a reasonable time alot cheaper then wem with no import duty if as you say you didnt get it this is the fault of the shop that you ordered it from and not pontos as they are the makers they have no say over how that company runs their site or how they charge as you say in uk not charged until shipped but its also illegal to store your details but there are shops that do both still

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 pm 

FSDSMAN wrote:
Quote:
Advice needed,
Have just looked at this set for Warspite at White Ensign Models,
it's priced at £ 137.94 Sterling including VAT.
The cost from Hobbydecal direct is $ 125 USD including postage. That works out at £ 79.01, a saving of £58.93. Has any Forum member from the UK ordered direct from Hobbydecal,
and is there any Import Tax or Duty to be considered ?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Regards
Richard

I ordered and paid for mine on the 9th of February. As most received it within the time scale mentioned I was concerned that I had still not received it. I contacted the support email but no reply was sent. After a couple more days frustration I have opened a dispute with PayPal. I have subsequently received an email stating "nothing has been shipped for the last 2 weeks" and they will be shipped Friday. Now I am a bit miffed at this because that will take around a month after payment before the set is likely to arrive at my house if it ever turns up. I would have thought that the supplier would have had the idea of posting that shipment would be delayed on the web site and also not taken payment until the order could be fulfilled. In the UK you are not debited until the order is sent if you use debit cards but also a reliable contact and response email would be helpful. It is a reasonable saving if you don’t get clobbered with import duty but I begin to wonder if the wiser route would actually be to purchase from a UK source.

Did you order from Hobby decal? If so you could send Kim a pm on this site and I am sure he will sort it out. I bought mine a while ago from them and it took about 8 days to the UK. It looked like the box had been opened but everything was there so I assume customs had a look at it but I did not get a charge.

The box was a bit damaged but that might have been the postman shoving it through the letterbox or it might have happened when Customs had a look.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 pm 

Many thanks for the replies to my post,
Received my set in January,
now looking for some new eyes and tiny fingers
to help me use it to it's full extent.
Regards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 pm 
PontosModel
PontosModel

FSDSMAN wrote:

I am sorry that Hobbydecal has delayed in shipping for 2weeks or more days.
As mentioned in Email these will be shipped at Friday(24th Feb) at once.
In some cases, to buy at the local area may be much safe and no Custom relations even there may be a slight higher cost.

Sorry again for the delaying, we have been too busy for finalizing and releasing IJN Yamato set.
Now almost things are arranged.

What I wish is you will be happy to get this set within 10days.

Thank you
Keumho Kim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 am 

Quote:
i ordered mine from luckymodels and it came in a reasonable time alot cheaper then wem with no import duty if as you say you didnt get it this is the fault of the shop that you ordered it from and not pontos as they are the makers they have no say over how that company runs their site or how they charge as you say in uk not charged until shipped but its also illegal to store your details but there are shops that do both still

I believe that Pontos was the reason for the delay and the reply came direct from Pontos - not the merchant.
Many thanks for the reply Kim. I can only advise that if there is going to be a delay in despatching the orders for any reason that the customer is advised?
At least that way the can look for other merchants who can deliver within the time scale advertised. I am sure that the set will be excellent and I am looking forwards to receiving it but with online marketing some people get a bit agitated if no updates are available for the products ordered - especially in the UK where it is not unknown for postal items to "go missing"
Perhaps on the "order status" it could say "awaiting dispatch" and not dispatched but no dispatch date?
I am looking forwards to your other products especially the King George V set when it becomes available. Also as you seem to do research quite well perhaps a set to back date the Queen Elizabeth Class - say trunked funnels etc?
Regards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:13 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

FSDSMAN wrote:
Quote:

I believe that Pontos was the reason for the delay and the reply came direct from Pontos - not the merchant.
Many thanks for the reply Kim. I can only advise that if there is going to be a delay in despatching the orders for any reason that the customer is advised?
At least that way the can look for other merchants who can deliver within the time scale advertised. I am sure that the set will be excellent and I am looking forwards to receiving it but with online marketing some people get a bit agitated if no updates are available for the products ordered - especially in the UK where it is not unknown for postal items to "go missing"
Perhaps on the "order status" it could say "awaiting dispatch" and not dispatched but no dispatch date?
I am looking forwards to your other products especially the King George V set when it becomes available. Also as you seem to do research quite well perhaps a set to back date the Queen Elizabeth Class - say trunked funnels etc?
Regards

Pontosmodel/Hobbydecal is the same company owned by me.
We have mostly shipped within 2 business days but this month is too busy as we cannot take feedbacks for individual customers.
I am sorry again.

Warspite DT sets shipped out today including yours.
NewYamato Dt sets will be shipped at next week.
I will also get the same craims as yours with this yamato from prepaid orders.

Anyway KGV will be started at June and may come out late July or Early August.
Queen E. DT set for Trumpeter may come out next year after Hood.

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am 

Hi
as the hood has been out for awhile now and there are several sets already out wouldnt it be better to be the first to produce a set for the queen elizabeth first as its a new kit you may sell more especially if its like the excellent warspite set and you may already have it partially done as they were the same class ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:43 pm 

I cannot answer for Kim’s point of view on this but the "virtual" stuff that I do for simulators several factors come into play as to what you develop. Firstly their has to be an economically viable return on what can take several months to develop - so global sales of a kit would denote it's popularity for the market and the potential customer base. British warships unfortunately have a very low share of the market regarding sales of kits.
The new Yamato tooling kit from Tamiya is way beyond my justifiable price range but I am sure that others will purchase it on-mass. I am sure that the detail set from Pontos will be exceptional but my point of view is that if I am paying over £200 for a kit in 350 scale then I would not expect to have to super detail it with extras - for that price I would it to be the dog's do da's from the box.
The Warspite to me is the ideal subject - the base kit is low in price and not that bad out of the box but the Pontos set takes it to a new level and still cheaper combined than the new kits being released but they will still need upgrading if you desire perfection.
The Tamiya KGV is relatively cheap compared with new releases so if an update set costs the same as the Warspite I would be first on the list.
I personally think that the kit prices have escalated to extreme over the years but the quality has not. That has created a market for the likes of Pontos to do exceptional things but the choice of their subject has to be their decision - we can only express a wish list.
I personally would have developed the upgrade set for the old tooling Yamato and priced it at the same. That way you get a great end product but it would still be cheaper than the base new kit without upgrade.
Just my thoughts and I look forwards to working on kits.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:00 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Sure new kit detail up sets may be popular and also surely make us change our schedule at some times.
For exmple, Essex class was delayed after New Yamato and this was successful decision in the market.
QE also a good item but I think this cannot beat Our Bismarck new DT sets though there may be some Detail up sets by other makers.
But if you wait by next year you will meet our QE DT set and others.
Old Yamato also within our schedule but just standing in a queue.

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Hi, all

A colleague of mine from the office, Mr. Hong just finished the HMS Warspite 1942 for Academy premium edition.

Photo by SH Park
Cannon EOS-600D with 60mm Macro lens.

next pic. from Academy homepage
made by KJ Kim

Thanks
SH Park
Pontos model

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 pm 
Did Pontos make the wood deck and PE for the Warspite premium edition ?

Does the premium edition include everything from the Pontos detail up set?
(Wood deck, PE, chain, resin, brass barrels and the other turned brass parts)

your products are awesome!

regards

Denis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next