It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bad Trader Alert.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:23 pm 

Thanks Simon,
hopefully it will be resolved.

Eastern NC Modelworks

Up coming projects:
1/700 scale rebuild of diorama project 960 square feet.
(Table 1 underway)Feb.2017
1/350 USS ALASKA CB-1(started Aug. 2017) 70% completed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:15 pm 

I met Pavel owner of Admiralty at one of the shows in Orlando. Ordered a couple of kits from him that he did not have with him. They were JAG kits, this was just after he purchased JAG had them within 10 days as he was sorting through his new aquisition. He is a stand up guy.

]Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:01 am 

It is with the greatest reluctance that I am making this post,as no trade took place,but I would like to warn people about a "Jimmy Conway" otherwise Marcus Silva.I was going to sell him a kit but after four rambling PMs from him ,I was still none the wiser of how he would pay me,added to which he asked me to make a false customs declaration saying that the goods were worth just $47 it was then I decided to withdraw from the deal.To spare his feelings I told him that someone had informed they had trouble in posting stuff to Brazil(which they had).I then received a very abusive PM from him ,which confirmed to me he was an irrational person and I`d done the right thing.
Since then he has abused me on the Facebook page of the shop ,(although the shop was not involved at all),in his latest post he said I was Racist by not posting to Brazil,I`AM NOT A RACIST !!! Needless to say ,the shop has blocked him.I also took the step of marking him as a foe ,so I don`t have to read any posts from him, on this site.
If he can read this ,then I would like to remind him ,no money or goods have exchanged hands ,and it is my right to withdraw an item if I feel to continue would be unsafe for both parties. One last thing "GROW UP"!

Phil R

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:12 pm 

Bad Trader alert to : Phil R

For what happened originated here in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154005
Wishing him well for shop, when I asked about a kit Phil R took initiative of sending me a PM in october 3rd 2013. In this general in message he offered me a kit of Trumpeter Richelieu saying that checked his wholesalers and that they have the kit in stock, and for I could ask the kit in his site.
In my very first PM, as answer for his first message, I said that I could only pay with Pay Pal ( his site has banner of Pay Pal service )and that the buttons in his site are not working, that I have no options to calculate shipping and grand total to buy the kit. So I asked him about price of shipping this item to Brazil, in my first message to him I made very clear that destination of the kit was to Brazil.
In his second message, just the day after, on october 4th 2013, he said to visit his shop in the E-Bay ( I asked nothing about E-Bay.....I never buy in E-Bay....), and that he was very excited with the new shop that had forgotten to say he had this kit in his own stash. Well, here I decided to buy this used kit because this as rare for me, very difficult to find the kit in shops, I had even put some advice asking the kit here in the site............. but well, I decided to go on with the trade, he stated the kit was complete, just wit opened bags. He said about price of the kit, and that he would go to post service to get shipping price by airmail............... In my second PM for him,this same day october 4th I asked him to include some insurance for this shipping...............and I asked him for some e-mail account to actualize payment with Pay Pal ( absolutely unnecessary, since I had already said him I would pay with PayPal only.............. for the second time I was telling him the only way I would pay, so I started thinking he wasn’t reading my entire messages............). So I think he had no reason to think I would pay with International Checks............ Why would he think about it????
Why didn’t he read the entire messages?????
In his 3rd message for me he told total to pay that included some insurance, and that I could pay in the site with Pay Pal and that he would send the kit as I payed.............. In my 3rd message for him I repeated that I need some e-mail account to make the payment via Pay Pal because functions of payment were not working in his site...............that very boring repetition to give instructions to make the payment....................and he doesn’t answer.................. I told him in this message as I had the e-mail account to pay, I would give him my complete address..................

In his 4th message October 5th 2013, he confirms the total to pay and ( believe you or not.............) he gives me an address ( physical address, street, number.......) in UK to send the money............. In no moment of the talk I said I was to send money, I repeated and repeated that it was to pay with Pay Pal ( at this moment I was sure that the seller wasn’t reading my entire messages.......... ) and in no moment of the conversation he told me he didn’t want payments with Pay Pal.............My first message was very clear, not 2nd or 3rd, or 4th, but in the FIRST!
So in my 4th message to him, in October 5th 2013 I told him that I could not send international payment if not PAYPAL...................... this form was the only for me, and told that
his site has the banner of PayPal, so that is how I could pay, and PayPal asks e-mail address to send the payments................ Ever repeating!

In his 5th and final message Phil R said he was very sorry ,and that with regret that he decided not to go ahead with that transaction. He told have been talking with someone who had sent several items to ( my country ...) Brazil ,and some of them haven`t been delivered ,leaving them out of pocket ,and he didn`t want to risk a kit of that value and cost of the postage. And so this is the motive that he took me waiting 3 days for answer, for at the final he gave up his intentions to trade with me.

Please, what I ask is don’t make me waiting 3 days for nothing. My tradings are very serious.
As this, I have no answer than saying he is a bad trader, and give this alert. He can change his intentions at any moment.

And I think it is a bit offensive to say that is a RISK, and UNSAFE to send kits to my country Brazil. What reasons does Phil R say about that? He says he heard it said by someone, not for his own conclusion. What I asked him in the board, and he never answered is why he thinks this way?
And I told him that I was to tell that for a comunity of brazilians, a lot of people would read that, that repudiates when a seller declares that avoid shipping products to Brazil.

And so I repeat, this a bad trader alert to Phil R.

Jimmy Conway

"Oh Lord thy sea is so great and my boat is so small."
Breton Fisherman's Prayer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jimmy, I don't think this calls for a bad trader alert. Unless I am mistaken, no money changed hands and Phil certainly has the right to do business with who he chooses. I'm sorry you feel slighted but unless I am missing something, there is no justification for this bad report.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:39 pm 

Cadman wrote:
Jimmy, I don't think this calls for a bad trader alert. Unless I am mistaken, no money changed hands and Phil certainly has the right to do business with who he chooses. I'm sorry you feel slighted but unless I am missing something, there is no justification for this bad report.

I second this as well. I have dealt with Phil and he is a spot on trader. I also don't ship to some countries, It's not personal. Rather a tracking issue. Some countries don't do tracking and i have lost a lot of $$$ on "lost kits".

1/350 Shimakaze
1/350 Sharnhorst Dragon
1/350 Belfast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:48 am 

This isn't about an item I got from a member. It's about an ebay seller who lists items as "buy it now" but then tells you the item isn't available.

Seller name" zaydajones Ebay store: Bklyn-Hobbies Located in Brooklyn NY

Beware!

Bought this http://www.ebay.com/itm/291079584424?ss ... 1497.l2649

An hour later they relisted it at a higher price http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-78025-1- ... 43c5b3fd4f

Emailed him with my concern and he stated I threatened him (I told him I would contact ebay if I don't get the item) and that the item is now unavailable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:07 pm 

Because Ebay listings can be ephemeral, you might want to post screenshots of those pages while they are still available.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:21 am 

Here are the screenshots regarding Ebay seller zaydajones at Bklyn-Hobbies

Attachments:
File comment: Bought 2/13/14
ebay1.jpg
ebay1.jpg [ 92.08 KiB | Viewed 8798 times ]
File comment: zaydajones relisted an hour later then tells me my item isn't available.
ebay2.jpg
ebay2.jpg [ 90.61 KiB | Viewed 8798 times ]
File comment: Customer feedback over the past 2 months. Read the one on the bottom.
ebay3.jpg
ebay3.jpg [ 122.19 KiB | Viewed 8798 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:37 pm 

I can tell you what's going on Senkan. Brooklyn Hobbies is a physical store and they're cross-posting their shelf stock on eBay. If it sells from the store, it's unavailable on eBay, regardless of what the listing says.

On the opposite side of the issue, I once picked something off of a shelf to purchase and they couldn't sell it to me because it had already been purchased online.

Is this a bad trader? I'd say it was unethical, and buyer beware...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 am 

I would like to warn you about the 1001-Modellbau online-shop at http://www.1001modellbau.de/ - I am very unhappy with them.

I ordered two sheets of decals and some paint (18 EUR) in November and received about a dozen mails, but no item or money refund yet:

19.11.13 - payment sent via bank transfer

Automated emails I received from 1001:

22.11.13 - payment received
25.11.13 - order was processed
30.11.13 - items will be shipped soon
27.12.13 - item not in stock, but will be shipped within a week
08.01.14 - voucher (5 EUR) for the next order
09.01.14 - order was processed
10.01.14 - items were shipped
16.01.14 - items will be shipped soon
04.02.14 - order has been cancelled

So, still no deck decals after 3 months and no cash refunded :Tirade:
Why should I want to use a voucher on my 'next order' if the first order didn't work??

Oh yeah; their hotline only says "please send an email".... that is not really customer friendly.

I had an issue with Skytrex a couple of weeks ago and they sent me a replacement within 2 days (GB to AUT) after the complaint!!!

Post subject: Deleted
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:45 pm 

deleted

Last edited by riceballtrp on Sun May 25, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you mean Texasmdler?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:45 pm 

Yep, changed it......

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:43 pm 

Do not trade with Battleshiphistorian1 aka Scott D Kodger of Medina, OH. I sent him items over a month ago now. The items he was to trade me never arrived. He has not responded to any attempts to contact him despite my efforts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:23 am 

Mates:
I would caution all of you to absolutely not do any business with Pofirstclass.
He has deliberately defrauded myself and at least 1 known other member of this website of large sums of money.
Pofirstclass AKA Gerald Brian Marks, AKA Brian Gerard box 2752 rr#2 Irishtown Newfoundland, Canada a2h-6b9 .
On the 11th of November he indicated he was sending a money order that day to purchase multiple kits from me, in good faith I shipped the kits to him on the 12th of November which arrived 20 November confirmed by the Post Office.
In spite of multiple attempts by myself and others to contact Pofirstclass by both PM and Email from this site and his direct email [gerrymarks1959@hotmail.com] he has never responded.
ANYONE who has also been defrauded by him please contact me as I am taking legal action against him and suggest you do the same.
Hopefully the owners of this site will ban him permanently from the site.
Thanks
Jim-Tin Can Gunner

Admin wrote:
Here are the IP addresses he used recently. Last login was Nov. 30.
IP addresses this user has posted from
crbknf0209w-142162217177.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.217.177) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0209w-142162098174.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.98.174) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0209w-142162220169.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.220.169) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0213w-142162140007.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.140.7) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0209w-142162214169.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.214.169) [ 1 Post ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:44 pm 
Tin Can Gunner wrote:
Mates:
I would caution all of you to absolutely not do any business with Pofirstclass.
He has deliberately defrauded myself and at least 1 known other member of this website of large sums of money.
Pofirstclass AKA Gerald Brian Marks, AKA Brian Gerard box 2752 rr#2 Irishtown Newfoundland, Canada a2h-6b9 .
On the 11th of November he indicated he was sending a money order that day to purchase multiple kits from me, in good faith I shipped the kits to him on the 12th of November which arrived 20 November confirmed by the Post Office.
In spite of multiple attempts by myself and others to contact Pofirstclass by both PM and Email from this site and his direct email [gerrymarks1959@hotmail.com] he has never responded.
ANYONE who has also been defrauded by him please contact me as I am taking legal action against him and suggest you do the same.
Hopefully the owners of this site will ban him permanently from the site.
Thanks
Jim-Tin Can Gunner

Admin wrote:
Here are the IP addresses he used recently. Last login was Nov. 30.
IP addresses this user has posted from
crbknf0209w-142162217177.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.217.177) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0209w-142162098174.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.98.174) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0209w-142162220169.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.220.169) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0213w-142162140007.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.140.7) [ 1 Post ]
crbknf0209w-142162214169.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.214.169) [ 1 Post ]

I heard it was his 12 year kid do done this on the sly of him,lol.he smashed the pc when it all came about . I think he returned the kits.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:08 pm 

the man wrote:
I heard it was his 12 year kid do done this on the sly of him,lol.he smashed the pc when it all came about . I think he returned the kits.

I can't speak to the kid having done it or not (I have my doubts to that story), but I'm still waiting on four kits to be returned - including one with a retail value of over $200. This is a lame attempt to rehabilitate a known scammer and cheat.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:25 am 

Interesting that a year after the last post in this thread, "someone" shows up here, who has no post history on this site, and has an explanation for why so many guys on here were scammed? So his kid was secretly amassing a stash of model kits to do what exactly with? Sherlock Holmes wouldn't be able to crack this case.

Anyone else smell that??? It rhymes with schmull schmit to me.

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
crbknf0209w-142162099083.pppoe-dynamic.High-Speed.nl.bellaliant.net (142.162.99.83)

he's back