The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:13 am 
Amphion
Amphion

I have a set of Munro's HMCS St. Laurent plans (2 sheets) "as the ship appeared in 1960". I'm not likely to build/use them.

If anyone's interested I'll gladly part with them :big_grin:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:03 pm 

Hi Guys

Full CDs of PDF plan sets for most west coast RCN vessels DDE DDH IRE Bay ,Cape ,SS etc are available from Esquimalt NAval Museum
contact Joe Lenihan there .
2 CD set up to 300 pages approx for $45 They include GA and profile also some scantlines , rigging and docking plans quality varies with age of the originals

You can get them printed to any required scale at Fedex or Staples with large size plotters .

ALso Hulls in Fibreglass may be ordered from HMCS Models in Ontario .I know he makes CPF and Trump as well as prestonians ,also Victoria subs and Oberons? These must be preordered Dont know prices but believed to be $300-700 depending on fitting sets also available.

These are available in 1/72 and perhaps in 1/96

Hope this helps

Ian Moore
IPMS c0018
Dartmouth NS
imoore1@bellaliant.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:31 pm 

I received a set of the disks from Esquimalt and they are fantastic. There are numerous plans and details for the DDE/DDH including such things as full rigging for the ships boats (all the rigging, blocks, tackle etc used on the davits), locations of fire mains (which I had been searching for, for a long time), interior details if you want doors to the after deck house or bridge open. There are also full details of the twin limbo well set up and the bulkhead details for the compartment. The plans are invaluable if you really want a fully detailed DDE/DDH. Plus there are plans for the Bonaventure, Magnificent, Halifax class, Castle class, Prestonian class, various tugs and auxiliary vessels and much more.

The plans you can get from the museum are a must to detail out any of Munro plans (St. Laurent or Annapolis). Those were the plans I was using in my build and wish I had the Esquimalt ones long before now. I need to rebuild several areas (and I am leaving some too) now that I have more details.

The only down side is that that I heard the price may have changed, not sure on that.

Dry docked:
1/72 HMCS Assiniboine DDE 234-1960
1/72 HMCS Ottawa DDE 229-1960
1/72 HMCS St. Catharines-River Class Frigate-1944
On the slipway:
1/72 HMCS Camrose-Flower Class Corvette-1943
1/72 HMCS Trillium-Flower Class Corvette-1942