The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VERY BAD TRADER ALERT
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:20 am 

Mates:
I would caution all of you to absolutely not do any business with Pofirstclass.
He has deliberately defrauded myself and at least 1 known other member of this website of large sums of money.
Pofirstclass AKA Gerald Brian Marks, AKA Brian Gerard box 2752 rr#2 Irishtown Newfoundland, Canada a2h-6b9 .
On the 11th of November he indicated he was sending a money order that day to purchase multiple kits from me, in good faith I shipped the kits to him on the 12th of November which arrived 20 November confirmed by the Post Office.
In spite of multiple attempts by myself and others to contact Pofirstclass by both PM and Email from this site and his direct email [gerrymarks1959@hotmail.com] he has never responded.
ANYONE who has also been defrauded by him please contact me as I am taking legal action against him and suggest you do the same.
Hopefully the owners of this site will ban him permanently from the site.
Thanks
Jim-Tin Can Gunner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:00 am 

What!! A CANADIAN behaving so badly?! :whistle:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:08 pm 

Biggles2
Astounding though that may be it does happen :thumbs_up_1:
When I was in the Navy we operated in the Pacific with the McKenzie, a Canadian Destroyer, great bunch of mates. I've got memories of some monumental hangovers from partying with them.
Cheers
Jim-Tin Can Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:31 pm 

And as far as Canadian's go, Newfies are some of the nicest. Very surprised. Hopefully a good reason for the loss of communications.

Building:
1/48 Lancaster (HK)
1/350 Akagi
1/350 IJN Kongo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 pm 

I sold stuff to PoFirstClass. He was slowing paying but an ok guy. Several sales. Just FYI.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:32 am 

Tin Can Gunner wrote:
I am taking legal action against him and suggest you do the same.

Jim,

So what steps have you taken so far?

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:55 pm 
Felix C wrote:
I sold stuff to PoFirstClass. He was slowing paying but an ok guy. Several sales. Just FYI.

I heard it was his 11 or 12 year kid done it . he was so pissed he totally destroyed his pc,lol.i think he returned them sense.or replaced what was missing .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:04 pm 

the man wrote:
Felix C wrote:

I heard it was his 11 or 12 year kid done it . he was so pissed he totally destroyed his pc,lol.i think he returned them sense.or replaced what was missing .

I can't speak to the kid having done it or not (I have my doubts to that story), but the 2nd part is not true, at least in my case. I still have never been made whole. Not only did not all the kids I sold him get returned, but some of those that did were damaged. One kit was returned with just the hull in the box and some damaged photo etch - all other parts were missing.

I did receive several kits that weren't mine, in an apparent attempt to make things "even". However, those kits were not nearly the same value of what wasn't returned, plus they were all 1960's and 1970's vintage, and some of them were started.

This is a lame attempt to rehabilitate a known scammer and cheat.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:15 pm 
something was done to try and fix it I guess.could of been worse .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:27 pm 

the man wrote:

Going to call BS on this since I know who of the guys who were victimized by this gentleman. Returned kits were either conveniently missing key parts or intentionally damaged. The only way this could have been worse is if more people had dealt with pofirstclass and lost more money.

If it was a matter of a kid doing these things and his father felt actual remorse and responsibility, Martin and others would have been fully compensated for their sales. I suggest avoiding defending this gentleman until he fully complies with requests for compensation.

1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:29 pm 

the man wrote:

Ha! Something was done to try and fix it? I don't think so - it WAS worse. Let's review the FACTS.

First, and most importantly, GERRY MARKS NEVER HAD ANY INTENTION OF PAYING ME. HE STOLE THOSE MODELS. ONLY DUE TO THE PERSEVERANCE OF TIN CAN GUNNER AND I, AND THE FINE WORK OF THE CONSTABLES, DID WE GET SOME FORM OF RESTITUTION. Mr Marks also lied to the Constable and told him he paid us. It wasn't until the Constable requested proof of payment that his story fell apart.

Now, to address the farce of him "trying to fix it":

There are the items I shipped to him and did not get back in return:

1/350 Iron Shipwright USS Brooklyn (retail value $200).
1/700 Trumpeter USS Yorktown (retail value $40)
1/700 Tamiya Nelson (retail value $25)
1/700 Tamiya Kiso (retail value $25)

Here is what he shipped to me in order to "make it up to me":

1/600 Airfix HMS Nelson (retail value $17.50)
1/700 Trumpeter USS Astoria (retail value $31.99)
1/700 Aoshima Unryu (retail value $34.99)
1/700 Aoshima Katori (retail value $24.99)

Total value of what I sent: $290

Total value of what I received in return: $109.47.

That is a $180.53 retail difference in Mr Marks' favor.

This is not "adequate" at all. Furthermore, three of the kits he sent are older kits from the 1960's and 70's, that sell for much less than retail value on the second hand market. Additionally, all three of these older kits have been started! Pieces have been cut from the parts trees, parts have been painted, parts have been glued together, and it appears that some parts are missing (plus the workmanship sucks). Frankly, these three models are WORTHLESS to me - I have no interest in them, nor can I sell them. The only one of the four models he chose to send me that I could resell is the USS Astoria kit, which appears to be complete and un-started.

This episode has been going on for over a year now, and Mr Marks - who, again, tried to defraud me - has clearly not lived up to his end of the bargain to make me whole. That's putting aside the fact that many items came back damaged, and that one model had no parts in the box, except for the hull. On top of all that, Mr Marks had started building several of the kits that were returned to me, rendering those worthless to me as well.

There is only way to remedy this situation and to "fix it": Mr. Marks needs to send me the $290 to compensate me for the kits that managed to disappear. Nothing less will make this right. You can tell "Mr Marks" that I am not letting this issue go, and one way or another, he is going to make this right.

One final note: the claim that it was his 12 year old kid is utter bullsh*t. Mr. Marks was claiming he was in the Canadian bush and was getting word that another man was showing up to "visit" his wife while he was away. Doesn't sound like the stuff a 12 year old would be talking about. As PetrolGator said, any Father who found out his kid was doing this would have made things right. At least if he had any sense of honor.

Please don't insult my intelligence and try and pretend that a) you aren't Gerry Marks and b) you tried to do the right thing. You are a thief, a cheat and a liar. Do the right thing for once in your life and pay me for the kits you stole. As I said - this isn't over and I'm NOT letting it go.

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:06 pm 

what an insult
this is the second canadian i hear about that screwed over others over plastic
very low, it's just not canadian of them
i am canadian
i could never dream about doing stuff like that
i have received items in the past that i havent paid for in advance
this shows alot of trust on the sellers part and i could never break that trust and i paid as fast as i was able
those i have dealt with, i am very grateful
i sure hope things work out with this newfie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:45 am 

I lived in Nfld for 8 years and all I can say is this guy is not a typical Newf. At all. Of all the places I've lived, that province has the most down-to-earth, optimistic and honest folks I ever met.

All it takes is one I guess. Good luck and I hope you get your remedy from him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:17 am 

What amazes me is that the original perpetrator is still wanting to hang around in this community. That takes some real nerve. Or a complete lack of ethics, which I guess is consistent with what we've heard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm thinking about a complete ban for him even viewing this site and the others. I keep hoping he will make good on the bad deals first.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:45 am 

So the Corner Brook Detachment of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police did all they could, but were not able to retrieve from me the missing kits or money that Mr. Marks stole from me. I thank them for their efforts.

I e-mailed Mr Marks and told him that this wasn't over and that one day, he'd turn around and find me there, looking to resolve this peacefully. He had the nerve to email me back, curse me out in all CAPS and call me a piece of sh*t. What a despicable human being.

For those of you who have been defrauded by Mr Marks, maybe you want to call him and tell him to make things right. The police told me he lives in Irishtown. A google search turned up this phone number: Marks, Gerald Jr 709-783-2425

He is allegedly married, I wonder if his wife knows what a fine, upstanding community man her husband is?

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:43 pm 

spam him
too bad my cousin is no longer stationed in that area
he was promoted and no longer in the province

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:56 pm 

For $1,000 (USD) I can make your problem go away! :cool_2: :whistle:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:16 pm 

any punk can do that for alot less
but we are bigger than that
just fill is emails with monster viruses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:24 pm 

derailed wrote:
just fill is emails with monster viruses

I've been e-mailing him (but not viruses). He had the audacity to tell me to stop harassing him, or he'd call the police. Ahahahahahahaha! That's rich. The thief calling the cops because I'm harassing him. Pay up, you piece of sh*t, and I'll stop e-mailing him.

I told him to call the cops, because I wasn't going to leave him alone until he paid up. Feel free to send him a note and tell him he's a crook: gerrymarks1959@hotmail.com

Ship Model Gallery