The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Member First Post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:38 pm 

I fell for the new Heller 1:100 HMS Victory. It will be coming soon. As a child of the 50's and 60's(remember cemnent?) I built my share of ships and cars. A job with the army artillery put an end to that. What attracted me to this one is the quality of the plastic used and level of detail. My son returns ho :wave_1: me from Korea to retire from USAF. My grandson will be six, just the right age to inspire.
I am also wondering about the DeAgostini HMS Victory vs the JoTiKa offering which I acquired some years ago. One thing I picked up on is quality of wood. I build doll houses and wodd is everything there.JoTiKa has an outstanding website with quite a bit information. DeAgostini sends out a magazine with instructions and pictures. Both are You Tube veterans.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:52 am 
Model Monkey
Model Monkey

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for your service and that of your son's.

The Heller kit is a lot of fun. There are some masterpieces being built from that kit on this website. Truly inspirational stuff.

-Steve L.

Complete catalog: - https://www.model-monkey.com/
Follow Model Monkey® on Facebook: - https://www.facebook.com/modelmonkeybookandhobby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 am 
Hi, After many years having fum with N scale model rai20)lroads I have returned to building ships and resurrected a model stowed away for about 40 years. So I feel like a real noobie starting all over again. Not quite at the beginning though as I have a ship and a problem, which is why I joined this forum.

The ship is an Mamoly 1/64 model of HMS Beagle (MV-20) I started building 40 years ago.. Only two planks left to finish the double planked hull, then on to deck, rigging,etc.

The problem is that I have all the parts but no plans or instructions, somehow they got lost in 7 moves, thought they were in the box. Since Mamoly went out of business a couple of years ago, they couldn't supply the information I needed. Hopefully someone on the forum might have a copy of the instruction to facilitate completing this ship.. Even without the plans I am sure i will need, and find, help here to educate me on the skills I need to be a successful ship modeler.

This old geezer (82) still wants to learn a few new tricks :) Thanks Jerry.