The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:08 am 

hi
that's some awesome paintwork very impressive well done
gary r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 am 

Yowsa! Nice. Are you submitting something to the gallery?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:17 am 

Will do after "launching" it.
I'm in a process of creating a water diorama. When that's finished there will be another photo shoot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:57 pm 

Location: About 50 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico ( traveling W is you do so :)
The night shot with lights on looks like the real thing :cool_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Jose :wave_1:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am 

Bought 1/700 Hasegawa Kirishima full hull.

Any good sets available to upgrade the Hasegawa Kirishima 1/700? Can I use fujimi PE set? If I want full hull, am I better of buying Fujimi kit and using the hull from Hasegawa with correct casemates? Most urgent need for PE railings and portholes on superstructures.

Thoughts appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:57 pm 

Hello Dan and all,

Would it be possible to fit Fujimi's 1/700 wood decks (for their Kongo class kits) onto the Hasegawa kits?

Just bought a Hasegawa Kirishima and was wondering if I could use a Fujimi or ArtWox deck (intended for the Fujimi kit) on it.

I'm asking because there doesn't seem to be any Hasegawa 1/700 wood decks for this class...at least not on Ebay.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:05 pm 

I don't know. I unloaded my Hasegawa kits a while ago and cannot compare them to any deck.

I do remember their raised planking lines to be more in scale than those of the Fujimi kit.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:44 pm 

Question . . . who manufactures the best 1/700 Kongo class ships? I prefer full hull.

Bill Morrison

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:40 pm 

The new tool Fujimi kits. They are not perfect, but very, very good.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:57 am 

Thank you!

Bill

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 pm 

Dan K wrote:

I second this. I have Hasegawa and it is so crude I really dont think I wanna even bother with it, as amount of scratch building is crazy. The main bridge is devoid of ANY detail, im talking no paravanes, scuttles, nothing. The deck lacks any detail. the whole thing is a bit of a sham really. If you want a scratch building bonanza then Hasegawa is the one, but otherwise - go Fujimi. I plan to buy one myself once they release NEXT Kirishima.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am 

I have the full hull, high grade Kirishima that I built and I was not impressed with the lack of detail. Unfortunately, after I used photo etched parts, it looks like a toy with PE. So, I turned it over to my grandsons as a toy.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 pm 

Guys they Hasegawa kits are more than 20 years old.The mold is from 1996.

Edit:
pascalemod wrote:
I plan to buy one myself once they release NEXT Kirishima.

IJN Kirishima is out already in various editions by Fujimi in 1/700:
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10515046+PE Set (Limited edition)
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10255130
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10262561+PE Set (Limited edition)
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10158315

and a special version 2 in 1:
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10160879 (Limited edition)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

pascalemod wrote:
Dan K wrote:

I second this. I have Hasegawa and it is so crude I really dont think I wanna even bother with it, as amount of scratch building is crazy. The main bridge is devoid of ANY detail, im talking no paravanes, scuttles, nothing. The deck lacks any detail. the whole thing is a bit of a sham really. If you want a scratch building bonanza then Hasegawa is the one, but otherwise - go Fujimi. I plan to buy one myself once they release NEXT Kirishima.

William,

Regardless of the usual bashing of the Hasegawa Kongo class kits for the reasons above, their kits don't have problems with the casemates issue that the Fujimi Kongos do, as discussed much earlier in this thread.

Dan K also mentioned earlier in the thread that only Fujimi Hiei does not have the casemates issue as the other Fujimi kits do.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 pm 

Quote:
Regardless of the usual bashing of the Hasegawa Kongo class kits for the reasons above, their kits don't have problems with the casemates issue that the Fujimi Kongos do, as discussed much earlier in this thread.

Dan K also mentioned earlier in the thread that only Fujimi Hiei does not have the casemates issue as the other Fujimi kits do.

All true but, the new NEXT kit of Kongo has corrected the casemate problem. Like pascalemod mentioned, I am also hoping for a NEXT version of Kirishima. Barring that. I'll probably try marrying the NEXT Kongo hull to the Kirishima base kit.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:43 am 

Okay. So, when will the next Fujimi Kongos be released? And, Haijun, thank you for your comments! By the way, has anyone seen the Kajika kits of the WWI Kongo class ships? How are they?

Bill

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:04 am 

The NEXT version of Kongo is already out. The only qualifier is that if you like properly scaled detail, then you should be prepared to replace certain small bits, because the NEXT kits are designed as snap together kits, albeit of better detail. That might also mean filling a number of placement holes.

Commenting in another thread about the new Fujimi 1/700 NEXT Kagero and Yugumo class DD kits, caledonina had these opinions:

Quote:
In general I think the NEXT kit is better than their regular kits both in terms of detail and molding. More details are included in the NEXT kit that were omitted in the regular kit, for example the underwater sonar ports and the kingston valves on the bottom of the hull. The molding is also much sharper and crisp than the regular kit. The anchor deck is simply the best deck I have seen for a destroyer in this scale so far."

"Forget the "snap fit and coloured part breakdown" subtitle. These are proper kits of there own. "snap fit", yes, it is simply a tighter fit between the locator pins and holes than the regular kit. "coloured part breakdown", it is simply naked/original colour of the plastic itself, no paint was applied any where. So it is nothing different from the regular kits. I have both the regular and the NEXT versions of the Yamato, Kagero (Late), and Hiei. The difference is phenomenal. NEXT is much better formed and crisply molded and contains more detail. Of course the flag poles and the RDF loop are a bit thick for the snap fit purpose, but I replace them anyway regardless of the NEXT or regular. So it doesn't bother me. Besidesit is not like the regular flag poles and the RDF loop are any better. ah yes, also the NEXT 25mm triple mounts are a leap from the one included in the regular kit.

Personally, they are worth the price tag compared to a regular one."

The new Kajika kits are excellent, better, I think, then the Fujimi kits. Two kits have been reviewed here, and I am currently working on a review for Kirishima : viewtopic.php?f=84&t=164419

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:51 pm 

Dan,

Are all the planned NEXT Fujimi Kongo class kits supposed to be early or later war?

I'm hoping they also make an early war/early WW2 Kongo and Haruna.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:02 am 

Well, I don't know what Fujimi's plan on that is. Hiei is a '42, and Kongo a '44. I agree, any early war version would be nice. Given their almost annoying tendency to maximize the number of offerings available from a given mold (the death grip of their marketing dept, no doubt, though it's seems to be working for them), I would think such versions likely at some point.

I see that I need to update the kit list at the start of the thread. Perhaps in the coming week.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:43 pm 

kit listing updated

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 49  Next