The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:16 pm 

Does anyone know if PT Boats were ever transported on the decks of LSTs? I've seen pictures of LCTs being transported in this way; curious if that was ever done with PTs.

Thanks!

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 pm 

Paul,

I don’t believe PT boats were transported on the decks of an LST. However, if I counted correctly, seven LSTs were converted to PT boat Tenders (AGP). These ships had the lift capacity to place a PT boat on deck for hull maintenance. There are photos of converted LST variants of AGPs lifting PT boats and a few with the boats on deck.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 am 

Thanks! Good to know. I'll look for those AGP photos. I have the old Lindberg LST kit sitting in my stash as well as a PT Boat in about the same scale and was trying to think of something interesting to do with them.

Paul

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:47 am 

I have the dimensions and shape of the 40 mm ammo lockers, but want to make the locker open for business. Were the shelves horizontal in all planes, ie; side to side, and back to front? Or were they tilted downwards towards the front so that the propellant ends of the rounds were higher than the projectile ends?
:wave_1:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:26 pm 

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but it appears Revell-Germany is releasing an updated version of their new mold Elco 80 footer. Supposed to be released soon. Link to their website. https://www.revell.de/en/products/model ... pt-57.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:27 pm 

Mike,

If you can sit tight Revell is releasing a late model 80 foot ELCO kit in 1/72 in a couple of months. The kit instructions show the combined engine room hatch and vent, obviously.

Bill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25