The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:40 am 

I believe these are the new correct scale 1/700 Dorsetshire and new Cornwall kits. FakeJohnBull did a review of Norfolk on his Twitter account, while saying they were going to reissue the Dorsetshire. Also, what a great addition to be getting an S class DD. Stronghold, Tenedos etc.

Bob Pink :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:33 am 

Quincy wrote:
I believe these are the new correct scale 1/700 Dorsetshire and new Cornwall kits. FakeJohnBull did a review of Norfolk on his Twitter account, while saying they were going to reissue the Dorsetshire. Also, what a great addition to be getting an S class DD. Stronghold, Tenedos etc.

Bob Pink :wave_1:

:woo_hoo:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:49 am 

Embarked/Quincy:

I looked at the pictures of the forthcoming Aoshima releases of Dorsetshire (a re-release) and Cornwall (a new release) on the HobbySearch website and I can say with a degree of confidence that the Dorsetshire kit is indeed a "corrected" 1/700 scale version. I say this because it shares a number of distinctive engineering features with the more recent Norfolk kit, rather than the original Dorsetshire kit (I have both).

The photos of the Cornwall model looks like it is still under development, as it is crude in places; the hull bulge looks good, but the bow knuckle is not in evidence. I assume this will be added later. Aoshima took the effort to correct the inaccurate bow knuckle in the original Dorsetshire kit in their Norfolk release (and it looks like the Dorsetshire re-release has the corrected knuckle as well). So don't draw too many conclusions from this early preview of the kit.

The Norfolk kit is really nice--very reminiscent of the best of Dragon's past 1/700 releases--though perhaps a bit over-engineered, as deckhouses consist of many/multiple parts. But the detailing is, overall, quite delicate and nice, so Aoshima seems committed to doing a good job with these kits. The re-release of a corrected Dorsetshire kit is testimony of this.

HTH

Mike E.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:23 am 

Mike E. wrote:
… so Aoshima seems committed to doing a good job with these kits. The re-release of a corrected Dorsetshire kit is testimony of this.

Mike E.

Yeah no kidding; I am very pleasantly surprised they're going back to Dorsetshire.
I nominate underscale Wasp for their next re-do :big_grin:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 pm 

Quaestor wrote:
Mike E. wrote:
… so Aoshima seems committed to doing a good job with these kits. The re-release of a corrected Dorsetshire kit is testimony of this.

Mike E.

Yeah no kidding; I am very pleasantly surprised they're going back to Dorsetshire.
I nominate underscale Wasp for their next re-do :big_grin:

Double giggity! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :heh:

Bob Pink. :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:20 am 

Mike E. wrote:
Embarked/Quincy:

I looked at the pictures of the forthcoming Aoshima releases of Dorsetshire (a re-release) and Cornwall (a new release) on the HobbySearch website and I can say with a degree of confidence that the Dorsetshire kit is indeed a "corrected" 1/700 scale version. I say this because it shares a number of distinctive engineering features with the more recent Norfolk kit, rather than the original Dorsetshire kit (I have both).

The photos of the Cornwall model looks like it is still under development, as it is crude in places; the hull bulge looks good, but the bow knuckle is not in evidence. I assume this will be added later. Aoshima took the effort to correct the inaccurate bow knuckle in the original Dorsetshire kit in their Norfolk release (and it looks like the Dorsetshire re-release has the corrected knuckle as well). So don't draw too many conclusions from this early preview of the kit.

The Norfolk kit is really nice--very reminiscent of the best of Dragon's past 1/700 releases--though perhaps a bit over-engineered, as deckhouses consist of many/multiple parts. But the detailing is, overall, quite delicate and nice, so Aoshima seems committed to doing a good job with these kits. The re-release of a corrected Dorsetshire kit is testimony of this.

HTH

Mike E.

Is it probable that the retooled Dorsetshire shares the Norfolk hull, internal supports and waterline plate plus a slightly retooled main deck from he original Dorsetshire kit to fit the Norfolk hull? I assume that the balance of the original kit parts are unchanged.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:58 am 

This thread from Britmodeller.com CLAIMS that the 1/350th Missouri is very unlikely to appear (due to inter-company contractual issues) ;

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/ind ... the-water/

(Sorry if this has been posted before)

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:42 am 

pgollin wrote:

This thread from Britmodeller.com CLAIMS that the 1/350th Missouri is very unlikely to appear (due to inter-company contractual issues) ;

It was by me personally - on my BritModeller account - and I stand by my thoughts - despite Joy Yard claims on the facebook page
eg https://www.chinahao.com/product/564729851453/
This is ' offered ' for sale ( supposedly ) yet there are zero units in stock !!
also I found a Chinese website where it was originally for sale - and used a translator program to decipher the Chinese writing
this is what it says
" News JOY YARD HOBBY: 1/350 Latest progress update on USS Missouri
Static model enthusiasts 2019-01-07
All the way to support so far the gold owners, I am sorry to inform everyone: because of mold processing problems, before the Spring Festival can not ship.
If there is because the scheduled time expires and automatically refund - the gold master, can wait for this product shipped to the same store to the original
"

I am convinced old test sprue shots meant nothing unless we see actual an In-Box review and its released for sale
I am certain the project is dead in the water ……… I hope I am proved wrong , however ( I like Model Ships )

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:13 pm 

73north wrote:
pgollin wrote:

It was by me personally - on my BritModeller account - and I stand by my thoughts - despite Joy Yard claims on the facebook page
eg https://www.chinahao.com/product/564729851453/
This is ' offered ' for sale ( supposedly ) yet there are zero units in stock !!
also I found a Chinese website where it was originally for sale - and used a translator program to decipher the Chinese writing
this is what it says
" News JOY YARD HOBBY: 1/350 Latest progress update on USS Missouri
Static model enthusiasts 2019-01-07
All the way to support so far the gold owners, I am sorry to inform everyone: because of mold processing problems, before the Spring Festival can not ship.
If there is because the scheduled time expires and automatically refund - the gold master, can wait for this product shipped to the same store to the original
"

I am convinced old test sprue shots meant nothing unless we see actual an In-Box review and its released for sale
I am certain the project is dead in the water ……… I hope I am proved wrong , however ( I like Model Ships )

lI was the OP of the troubles of Joy-Yard in May... and even before that last year.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=167046&hilit=joy+yard&start=40

As of June, Joy-Yard says they are still going to make a run at it. But I haven't seen anything on the Chinese forums to indicate that they actually will.
I think its more of a last gasp of air before the project completely disappears.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:07 pm 

hobby link japan lists these as pre-orders

https://hlj.com/1-700-scale-wwii-river- ... intsms-013
https://hlj.com/1-700-scale-british-nav ... intsms-012

These are probably re-issues but will be nice to have

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:29 pm 

Yes, as the "Release Date: Jun 2010" indicates at the bottom.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 am 

steviecee wrote:
These are probably re-issues but will be nice to have

Indeed; been waiting for this to happen :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 pm 

Could anyone answer me a question to save me reading through 143 pages please?

Does anyone know if there are any plans afoot by any manufacturers to release a 1/350 kit of the Illustrious class from WW2? :smallsmile:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 am 

Not at the moment.

If you look at the first post on this thread there is a list (ordered by scale) which is kept updated as kits are announced, released (and occasionally cancelled) - a great resource, very useful and I am grateful for the work put in by "Timmy C".

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 am 

pgollin wrote:

Not at the moment.

If you look at the first post on this thread there is a list (ordered by scale) which is kept updated as kits are announced, released (and occasionally cancelled) - a great resource, very useful and I am grateful for the work put in by "Timmy C".

Ah yes, I had seen that. Just wanted to check to see if anyone knew of any rumours about a 1/350 kit... :cool_2:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm 

Unfortunately the word on the street tells me not to expect much in the way of ship models or military models in general from Japanese manufacturers next year.
They are all getting ready for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics blitz. If it wasn't at Shizuoka, its not coming.

Tamiya is going to release some 'unique' RC toys. Fujimi and Aoshima will be releasing Olympic inspired kits as well as doubling down on Japanese cultural items they produce. Hasagawa & Doyusa have been quiet but Doyusa is likely ramping production on the Edo Castle kits. Hasagawa probably has the rights to any olympics inspired Airline liveries for JAL and ANA. Bandai is going to go nuts with Gundam kits including a special edition Tokyo 2020 RX-78 Gundam. I even heard the swordsmiths are doubling production in anticipation.

So don't expect much next year from Japan.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:17 pm 

What's Flyhawk up to?? They announced a whole bunch of releases for this year that obviously won't happen, but I'm hoping for at least one more release (anything!!) before the end of the year. I'm wishing for Scharnhorst!!
:wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:31 pm 

drasticplastic wrote:
What's Flyhawk up to?? They announced a whole bunch of releases for this year that obviously won't happen, but I'm hoping for at least one more release (anything!!) before the end of the year. I'm wishing for Scharnhorst!!

HMS Kelly and HMS Legion are out. Not sure about what else is coming soon.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 am 

MartinJQuinn wrote:
HMS Kelly and HMS Legion are out. Not sure about what else is coming soon.

Yeah...Legion and Kelly are old news now. I'm just being greedy and impatient! :big_grin:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 am 
Starling Models
Starling Models

Flyhawk have also released HMS Lively recently and there is news today of a 1/700 'Royal Navy seaplane base' which is more like an RAF flying boat base as it features two Sunderlands and a Fairmile A. No more information on this other than a photo of the box art and the built models in situ.

Given that the current approach from Flyhawk appears to be to release kits that were not announced, I would be sceptical as to whether the large planned catalogue of items from a couple of years ago were intended releases, or just a bit of fishing.
Mike

http://www.starling-models.co.uk

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 221  Next