The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:14 pm 

Robin wrote:
Quote:
We will announce our 1/350 USS Cleveland in a short time.

Sign me up for a 1/350 USS Cleveland! Early or later war doesn't matter to me.

Cleveland class is a pretty good choice. Lots of ships in the class could mean lots of boxings too. I'm doomed if they plan to do multiple Cleveland class boxings! Not to mention a few overhauled and saw service in Vietnam.....

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."

Last edited by Timmy C on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fixed quote

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:34 pm 

Veryfire Model wrote:
73north wrote:
Can you give a possible time line for release or details about your plans for the IJN Taiho in 1/350 please ?
I want this ship far , far more than a Renown or Vanguard - as you are aware its never been released
in injection plastic in 1/350 scale - :smallsmile:

I also am interested in your King George V - as a competitor for the Flyhawk Prince of Wales

Hi, 73north. I think we still have to discuss with our partner about the 1/350 IJN cruisers and aircraft-carriers, so I cannot tell you anything about the 1/350 IJN Taiho.

Hi,
You announced some months ago Renown, Vanguard, Taiho and Aoba, already listed in the main forum of this website. If I sum up the information you give on this thread, you say Renown might come in not too long, you cannot say anything about Taiho, and you do not say anything about the 2 others. So how can we trust your announcements about these 4 ships ? We are unfortunately accustomed to such "ballons in the air" like the Trumpeter 1/350 Nelson and Rodney, just for instance ... Too bad !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:25 pm 

I'm very disappointed too.
Aoba and Taiho are my "must have" items.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:18 pm 
Very Fire
Very Fire

PHILIPPE wrote:
Hi,
You announced some months ago Renown, Vanguard, Taiho and Aoba, already listed in the main forum of this website. If I sum up the information you give on this thread, you say Renown might come in not too long, you cannot say anything about Taiho, and you do not say anything about the 2 others. So how can we trust your announcements about these 4 ships ? We are unfortunately accustomed to such "ballons in the air" like the Trumpeter 1/350 Nelson and Rodney, just for instance ... Too bad !

Hi Philippe,
We need to discuss which one should be developed first, Taiho or Aoba/Furutaka. For some reasons, I cannot give you any information until our partner releases Taiho or Aoba/Furutaka.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 am 

Hi,
I am also very interested in Vanguard and Renown. Any date for these ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 am 

Based on what I've seen with the Iowas and Montana classes I'll be getting most of them when they come out but I should be waiting for the deluxe versions.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:53 am 

I have the USS Salem kit and am now waiting on your release of the detail-up set. Any idea when this might be available?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:46 am 

Veryfire Model wrote:
PHILIPPE wrote:
Hi,

Hi Philippe,
We need to discuss which one should be developed first, Taiho or Aoba/Furutaka. For some reasons, I cannot give you any information until our partner releases Taiho or Aoba/Furutaka.

I look forward to whatever comes next from Very Fire in 1/350. The more accurate the better. Very much looking forward to almost all your releases.

Hoping for a detail set for the New Jersey.

Any chance of a modernized Iowa class sometime in the future? Just wondering.

And I just pre-ordered the 1/350 Salem Deluxe version from Hobbyeasy. Looks like a excellent model!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 am 
Very Fire
Very Fire

PHILIPPE wrote:
Hi,
I am also very interested in Vanguard and Renown. Any date for these ?

Sorry for the delay.
I estimate the release date is November or December 2020. We have to finish some USN cruisers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:10 am 
Very Fire
Very Fire

whaynes wrote:
I have the USS Salem kit and am now waiting on your release of the detail-up set. Any idea when this might be available?

I think this detail up set will be released within 2~3 weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:32 am 

Thanks so much- looking forward to it.
Walt Haynes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:08 pm 

when will the 1/350 Des Moines kit be release?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:13 pm 
Very Fire
Very Fire

linksng wrote:
when will the 1/350 Des Moines kit be release?

Hi linksng,
Yes, also the 1/350 USS Newport News kit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 pm 

Great to see this most beautiful of all Heavy Cruisers in plastic! One question: Why were 40 mm and 20 mm AA guns included? I don’t think these guns were ever mounted on the Salem. However I seem to recall the lead ship of the class, USS Des Moines, did carry them when first commissioned. The Des Moines also carried stern catapults. I wonder if they an early USS Des Moines planned as a future release?

One very minor nitpick. The Salem had short secondary armor belts just below the main belt fore and aft. This can easily be corrected with very thin strips of plastic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:31 am 
Very Fire
Very Fire

BBNUT wrote:
Great to see this most beautiful of all Heavy Cruisers in plastic! One question: Why were 40 mm and 20 mm AA guns included? I don’t think these guns were ever mounted on the Salem. However I seem to recall the lead ship of the class, USS Des Moines, did carry them when first commissioned. The Des Moines also carried stern catapults. I wonder if they an early USS Des Moines planned as a future release?

One very minor nitpick. The Salem had short secondary armor belts just below the main belt fore and aft. This can easily be corrected with very thin strips of plastic.

Hello BBNUT,
The 40mm and 20mm guns are molded for the Des Moines kit. They are not used on our Salem kit and Newport News kit.
Also thanks for pointing out our mistake.

Last edited by Veryfire Model on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:07 am 

Veryfire Model wrote:
Joe Ellias wrote:
I just received the Salem. Excellent kit! I really appreciate the effort to minimize photo etch for those of us that struggle with PE. I’m very excited about the upcoming Cleveland.
Thanks
Joe

Thanks, Joe.
We will announce our 1/350 USS Cleveland in a short time.

This is good news. Would a 1/350 USS Brooklyn be in the works? Perhaps even a USS Houston in 1/350?

In the yard:

Slip 1 - IJN Yahagi (1/350) - building
Slip 2 - IJN Amagi (Battle cruiser) (1/700) - building

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:17 pm 
Very Fire
Very Fire

CL40 wrote:
This is good news. Would a 1/350 USS Brooklyn be in the works? Perhaps even a USS Houston in 1/350?

Probably not. I think Trumpeter has already tested and got their 1/350 USS Brooklyn kit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:25 am 

Veryfire Model wrote:
CL40 wrote:

Probably not. I think Trumpeter has already tested and got their 1/350 USS Brooklyn kit.

This sound like things will be expensive for me this next year.

Thank you guys for making the kits that you have done already and the ones that you plan to do.

Very excited about your potential Royal Navy subjects and your possible Japanese subjects. I know it is difficult to produce subjects of that last nation for a variety of reasons but I will greatly appreciate any developments in that direction. There are a vast array of interesting subjects that either do not exist in 1/350 or are too expensive to justify for the value they give.

Anyway, I will be building your 1/350 Montana very soon and I look forward to becoming familiar with the way you make kits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:40 am 
Very Fire
Very Fire

Strategos Augustus wrote:
This sound like things will be expensive for me this next year.

Thank you guys for making the kits that you have done already and the ones that you plan to do.

Very excited about your potential Royal Navy subjects and your possible Japanese subjects. I know it is difficult to produce subjects of that last nation for a variety of reasons but I will greatly appreciate any developments in that direction. There are a vast array of interesting subjects that either do not exist in 1/350 or are too expensive to justify for the value they give.

Anyway, I will be building your 1/350 Montana very soon and I look forward to becoming familiar with the way you make kits.

Thank you for your supporting!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:00 pm 

While the Salem kit is full hull, the hull includes plate lines that make excellent scribe lines to convert to waterline.
Joe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next