The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:34 pm 

Help Please. I am looking for plans in 1/96 or 1/100 for the Akizuki. I am also looking for any photos or books on this class of ship. Is there any one out there that can help me?

Joseph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:33 am 

I got mine from http://www2.odn.ne.jp/miyukikai/sub2.htm Plan #032 in 1:200 scale and then photo-copied them up to 1/96 scale for twelve bucks.

Sure the x-y axis was not exact in the copy, but close enough for that scale. I dare anyone to measure up and find 0.050mm difference in the finished model!!

Art
NZBG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:35 am 
The most comprehensive single volume on this class is Gakken #23. Various booksellers and HLJ may carry it. In Japanese, but plenty of photo, drawings, plans.

Best sources of plans for several different ships in this class in 1/200 is the Miyukikai site: http://www2.odn.ne.jp/miyukikai/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:36 am 

Again, that was me. Don't know what's going on with this log-in

Post subject: Keep the ideas coming
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:33 pm 

:thumbs_up_1: Thanks guys I will try and order the plans monday from the link you sent. He has them in 1/125 and 1/200. I will get both. blowing up the 1/125 to 1/96 should work fine.

Keep the info coming please! I find it fun looking things up. :jump_1:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am 

No need to get both scales. Go for the 1/125 plans. They are both of the ship as known in 1942.

Art
NZBG

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:42 am 
See "Scale Model Warships" by Kozo Izumi published in 1972 or 73.
A 322 page book of which 161 pages are devoted to the construction of the ship in question. Every, and I mean EVERY single fitting is shown in full detail: and, how to make them. In addition there are two large sheets of fully detailed plans of the ship reproduced at 1- 100th scale. It also gives the colours of the vessel.
Difficult to find but I assure you it is worth the effort.
Good luck.
PS If you are unable to find a copy then please let me know, and I will help you.

quote="Josephp13"]Help Please. I am looking for plans in 1/96 or 1/100 for the Akizuki. I am also looking for any photos or books on this class of ship. Is there any one out there that can help me?

Joseph[/quote]

Post subject: Keep it coming
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:53 am 

Thanks for the help. Art and Dan K I ordered the plans two sets of #134 in 1/125 I should get them in a few weeks. WR I will look for the book and let you know if I can not find it.

You guys are great! :woo_hoo: please keep it coming!! Need tons of information.

I did find a site on the web with a 3D computer model. It is a wonderful site. Have you guys seen it? http://www.steelnavy.com/Akizuki3D.htm WOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:54 am 

Yes, this is Ed Low's site. A very knowledgable guy, he currently moderates the IJN shipboard over at http://www.j-aircraft.com. His full website is quite useful at: http://www.ijn.dreamhost.com/

Post subject: Still looking
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:52 pm 

Everything you guys have sent me to look at has been wonderful. I am in full search mode to find the books. No such luck as of yet WR but no help needed, YET. :smallsmile: I am having fun finding things and learning about the Akizuki. If any one else has info and can point me in the right direction that would be nice.

Thanks again
Joseph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:46 pm 

Try Pacific Front Hobbies. He usually carries the Gakken books and the Miyukikai plan sets. Along with other IJN stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:10 am 

hi joseph13,

IJN Photo File n° 18 Akizuki, Matsu , Tachiban , Mutsuki , Kamikaze & Minekaze Class Destroyers by Kojinsha.
look at http://www.hlj.com or http://www.avions-bateaux.com and look at this site for maru photo files.

Taubman plan service has a set of plans of Akizuki in scale 1/50

regards,

Ludwig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:41 am 

Guest said:

Quote:
See "Scale Model Warships" by Kozo Izumi published in 1972 or 73.

Been looking for that book for several years. The last time I saw it on ebay it went for $450. Ouch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:57 am 

hallo, :wave_1:

The set of plans of Akizuki is also available at http://www.anb-online.org and cheaper also.

regards,

Ludwig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:02 am 
I just received Miyukikai's drawigns of Shimikaze, Kagero and Nagamami. I suspect his Akizuki drawing is excellent for a 1:100 model. From what I can see, the drawing at the above link is well worth passing over (nothing personal)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:41 am 

EJ- How happy are you with the Shimakaze plans? I'm trying to find a particularly nice set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:08 am 
I'm very happy with the destroyer plans. I think that cramming a cruiser or larger on 2 sheets doesn't work out too well, but for destroyers it's just excellent. Note that some details may be a bit underrepresented, so they require a bit of additional references, but all plans do. For 1:100+
they are very useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:13 pm 
The crusiser and carriers in 1/200 plansets are pretty manageable, even if its on 2-3 sheets. Well worth it, IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am 

EJ Foeth wrote:
I just received Miyukikai's drawigns of Shimikaze, Kagero and Nagamami. I suspect his Akizuki drawing is excellent for a 1:100 model. From what I can see, the drawing at the above link is well worth passing over (nothing personal)

Just today I received the Akizuki along with 12 other IJN plan sets. They are all early or pre-war plans and I must admit they are everything I dreamed they would be, and then some. Akizuki is especially appealing as it captures even minute detail on two very large sheets. I cannot recommend Miyukikai strongly enough. GET IT, you will NOT be sorry you did.

Regard,

J.J.

Post subject: 1:50 Akizuki Plans
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:12 am 

Could somebody please identify these plans?

I recently received a gift from a friend of plans ( 1:50 ) of the Akizuki. 10 sheets, more info than I can ever digest or need.

They are the best I have ever seen, extremely well drawn and down to the minutest detail. Arcs of fire/elevation for the guns, method and angles of torpedo re-loading etc etc.

All text is in Japanese and so is the nomenclature unfortunately.

There is *some* english in the cataloguing, so they are not official IJN plans, although I could well believe that they could be exact copies.

The plans are for the ship June 1942.

Anyone have any idea who puts these out? By the looks of the numbering system, there are other plans in the set.

As good as, if not better than those from the NMM

BTW I searched the NMM for any information on IJN ships last November - specifically of IJN ships allocated to the RN after 1945.

Apart from a few sketches of details nothing exists in that Institution. Wasted trip unfortunatly.

Art

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next