The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Posts: 880
USS Arizona makes an appearance in this home movie footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENLUD8q59o


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Posts: 205
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Jeff Sharp wrote:
USS Arizona makes an appearance in this home movie footage.


What's the time code Jeff, I missed it..... (looked at it twice)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Posts: 880
Right at the 10:00 mark. Notice also Nihoa sailing behind her. I believe this footage to be late 40’s early 50’s.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Posts: 205
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
'48 would be the earliest, that's when Admiral Radford ordered the flagpole erected on the wreck and declared it's a war grave/memorial....

<SNIP>

Thanks for posting it...


Last edited by MartinJQuinn on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Color discussion whacked. Don't post that sh*t here!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Posts: 205
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
MartinJQuinn wrote:
Color discussion whacked. Don't post that sh*t here!


Sincere apologies Martin, I should have known better and checked where it was posted.....

Jeff, could you post that vid over in the Colors & Camo section? it is relevant there as well....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 pm
Posts: 7529
Location: New Jersey
Egilman wrote:
MartinJQuinn wrote:
Color discussion whacked. Don't post that sh*t here!


Sincere apologies Martin, I should have known better and checked where it was posted.....

Jeff, could you post that vid over in the Colors & Camo section? it is relevant there as well....

I moved it there earlier.

_________________
Martin

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:19 am
Posts: 23
Hi,
EDUARD is going to release the USS Arizona 1/350 kit. It is old Trumpeter kit with add-ons - there will be a lot of prints, reels, machine guns, cannons, Kingfischers, metal main gun barrel, printed flags and PE parts. It should be something like "Tora, Tora, Tora" action to PH anniversary. However, the December date is questionable because the moldings are in a traffic jam in a Chinese port...
Regards,
66misos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:54 pm
Posts: 229
Location: Milwaukie, OR
66misos wrote:
Hi,
EDUARD is going to release the USS Arizona 1/350 kit. It is old Trumpeter kit with add-ons - there will be a lot of prints, reels, machine guns, cannons, Kingfischers, metal main gun barrel, printed flags and PE parts. It should be something like "Tora, Tora, Tora" action to PH anniversary. However, the December date is questionable because the moldings are in a traffic jam in a Chinese port...
Regards,
66misos

Bulkheads to cover the horrid kit superstructure?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Posts: 205
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
maccrage wrote:
66misos wrote:
Hi,
EDUARD is going to release the USS Arizona 1/350 kit. It is old Trumpeter kit with add-ons - there will be a lot of prints, reels, machine guns, cannons, Kingfischers, metal main gun barrel, printed flags and PE parts. It should be something like "Tora, Tora, Tora" action to PH anniversary. However, the December date is questionable because the moldings are in a traffic jam in a Chinese port...
Regards,
66misos

Bulkheads to cover the horrid kit superstructure?


They had/have two different big ed sets for different Arizona's in 1/350th... The Minihobby and the Hobby Boss kits, both had the bulkheads to cover the seams on the superstructure... They are all the same Banner Kit....

And both sets are discontinued....


Last edited by Egilman on Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Posts: 205
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
66misos wrote:
Hi,
EDUARD is going to release the USS Arizona 1/350 kit. It is old Trumpeter kit with add-ons - there will be a lot of prints, reels, machine guns, cannons, Kingfischers, metal main gun barrel, printed flags and PE parts. It should be something like "Tora, Tora, Tora" action to PH anniversary. However, the December date is questionable because the moldings are in a traffic jam in a Chinese port...
Regards,
66misos


May I ask where this info came from? I don't see it on their site or facebook pages...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: At 'Em Arizona Fans!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:19 am
Posts: 23
Hi,
It was announced by Mr. Sulc, EDUARD CEO at Czech Modelform where Eduard has its own thread and Mr. Sulc makes there some announcements, answers endless questions and discuss with modelers.
Info again from Modelforum: different details added to Arizona kit will be latter sold separately as Brassin sets.
Seems Eduard is going to focus on Pacific theatre to some extent. They going to start with Tora, Tora, Tora - e.g. USS Arizona 1/350 and Zeros over PH, then other versions of Zero, Wildcat. IJN HIryu (reboxed Fujimi 1/350) is negotiated so far. If project Hiryu not happened then Yorktown should be replacement.
Sorry for off-topic.
Regards,
66misos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FW_Allen, InchHigh and 18 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group