1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
-
KevinYoung
- Posts: 285
- Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:54 am
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Another one who has some serious talent .What a lovely build of such a grand ship. Thanks for posting it's a beautiful ship and diorama . regards Kevin
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
thank's a lot Kevin
I appreciate your kind comment
cheers
nicolas
cheers
nicolas
-
Dino Carancini
- Posts: 430
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:46 am
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
...always a pleasure to follow your updates 
-
marijn van gils
- Posts: 2750
- Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 am
- Location: Belgium
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Finally coming together... And it looks fantastic Nicolas!
Good to have the small sailing boat fill the front right corner, as it balances the composition well.
Cheers,
Marijn
Good to have the small sailing boat fill the front right corner, as it balances the composition well.
Cheers,
Marijn
- blacman
- Posts: 552
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 am
- Location: Poland, Wroclaw
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Yes....marijn van gils wrote:... And it looks fantastic Nicolas!![]()
![]()
...
-
hypno7
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:16 pm
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Yes, amazing model and diorama! I really like the weathering. It looks just like the photographs of the time.
CV-8: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=153851
DD-436: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=157123
CVL-24 viewtopic.php?f=59&t=158455
DD-436: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=157123
CVL-24 viewtopic.php?f=59&t=158455
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
hI gentlemenmarijn van gils wrote: ....Good to have the small sailing boat fill the front right corner, as it balances the composition well. ...
honestly,I thank you of these rave reviews
Marijn
the small sailing boat is here for that, he'll be accompanied by others samlls boats but located towards the hull of Richelieu
thank's again
cheers
Nicolas
- setori
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:31 am
- Location: france
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Magnifique et un beau sujet en plus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
-
Sbouba
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Excellent work so far! keep it up Nicolas!

- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
big thank's satori ans Jean
cheers
Nicolas
cheers
Nicolas
-
sirmaumau
- Posts: 173
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:02 pm
- Location: hangzhou china
- Contact:
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Obviously?you have misplaced the forward mast and afterward mast, Bosco!
Thats why i felt weird when i first saw the presentation. 
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
do not feel you too weird sirmaumau !!!! this is just a small mistake caused by the excitement to seeing temporarily assembled my Richelieusirmaumau wrote:.......you have misplaced the forward mast and afterward mast .......Thats why i felt weird .......
I became aware me after the photo session
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hello gentelmen
modest progress, but progress nevertheless
first, the catapults are fully completed by the addition of handling arm (davits) for the catapulting trolleys ,the arm and d�tails drawn by Jean Mahieux (Man from Atlantis
)
the unused catapult, with the arm fully up

and the other ,with the Loire 130,whose arm is horizontal

remains to paint and weathered the all
the seaplanes crane is completely completed.she is represented slumped to three quarts


I based on a photo to represent the soft cables at the end of the crane arm
see you soon for the next progress
friendships of France
Nioclas
modest progress, but progress nevertheless
first, the catapults are fully completed by the addition of handling arm (davits) for the catapulting trolleys ,the arm and d�tails drawn by Jean Mahieux (Man from Atlantis
the unused catapult, with the arm fully up

and the other ,with the Loire 130,whose arm is horizontal

remains to paint and weathered the all
the seaplanes crane is completely completed.she is represented slumped to three quarts


I based on a photo to represent the soft cables at the end of the crane arm
see you soon for the next progress
friendships of France
Nioclas
- zs180
- Posts: 679
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:55 am
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
It's very nice to have a glimpse of what the whole composition will look like.
It will doubtless be a wonderful dio!
I often do dry-fitting of pre-assembled and painted components myselt - sometimes you need motivation when preparing tiny details gets tedious and there seems to be no tangible progress at all.
It will doubtless be a wonderful dio!
I often do dry-fitting of pre-assembled and painted components myselt - sometimes you need motivation when preparing tiny details gets tedious and there seems to be no tangible progress at all.
-
ModelMonkey
- Model Monkey

- Posts: 4126
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:27 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Absolutely magnificent!
Have fun, Monkey around. TM
-Steve L.
Complete catalog: - https://www.model-monkey.com/
Follow Model Monkey™ on Facebook: - https://www.facebook.com/modelmonkeybookandhobby
-Steve L.
Complete catalog: - https://www.model-monkey.com/
Follow Model Monkey™ on Facebook: - https://www.facebook.com/modelmonkeybookandhobby
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
thank's a lot to you both
I work on booms and I put in photo once finished
cheers
Nicolas
cheers
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
HI gentlemen
a minor progress ,but a progress despite everything
I did a master for my booms. the parts in "bulk"

the boom temporarily placed at its location

and the same deployed

and finally the parts prepared for their molding

I return to the painting on my catapults and I put pictures soon as possible
see you soon for the next progress
friendships from France
cheers
Nicolas
a minor progress ,but a progress despite everything
I did a master for my booms. the parts in "bulk"

the boom temporarily placed at its location

and the same deployed

and finally the parts prepared for their molding

I return to the painting on my catapults and I put pictures soon as possible
see you soon for the next progress
friendships from France
cheers
Nicolas
- R.Ricardo
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:21 am
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hi Nicolas,
Your work in this Richelieu continues incredible, nice catapult and crane you did.
But the other reason I'm posting today is to send you this homage local Coke did for you I found today:

Caption says: Drinking a Coke with Nicolas.
Warm Regards,
Ricardo
Your work in this Richelieu continues incredible, nice catapult and crane you did.
But the other reason I'm posting today is to send you this homage local Coke did for you I found today:

Caption says: Drinking a Coke with Nicolas.
Warm Regards,
Ricardo
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
HI Ricardo
Thanks for your kind words
and I'm glad I drank a coke with you
friendships from France
Nicolas
Thanks for your kind words
friendships from France
Nicolas
-
Sbouba
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
It is much better to follow your built than to watch "Plus belle la vie" on the French TV! Keep it up!

