Page 61 of 71
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:13 pm
by Joe Simon
Looks great!
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:09 pm
by Jeff Dundee
Hi Nico, once again the main structure is amazing! I told you when you show them to me when i visited you last year .... it's really great
The fine weathering you applied highlights perfectly assemblies and painting. I look forward to see more mate

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:45 pm
by LE BOSCO
Thank's a lot Joe

and Jeff really happy to read you here

thank's also for your kind words !!and I hope see your King Georges V here

the quality work that you have on your model,deserves to be seen on this forum
cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:53 pm
by Quincy
Looks incredible!
Bob Pink.

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:45 pm
by Gianluca
Hello.
Tant pis si j'�cris en Fran�ais.
Salut Nico, c'est toujours aussi beau...

:
Have a nice day .
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:50 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI Gentlemen
thank a lot

Gianluca nice surprise to you read here my friend

a small effort to write in English ,I'm sure this is not a problem for you

Progress will be posted soon
see you soon
Cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:44 am
by jcmackay
Nicolas,
Very, very nice!

To tell you the truth, I usually stop in just to see the latest examples of your painting, which I admire so much. But your detailing of the ship is incredible!
John

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:54 am
by marijn van gils
Good to see some progress again. It simply looks fantastic!
Cheers,
Marijn
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:02 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI gentlemen
a great thank you John and Marjin
all diorama accessories are painted and pending the weathering
rails and the lift (gray round) for the trolleys are glued
I faced a problem with the plates "valeur" and "discipline "impossible to locate their locations......and finally I found their locations after having scrutinized many pictures

the plates are installed on the fence for the raft
"valeur " to starboard and "discipline" to port side
testing for the rafts setting up (it takes me much yet)
the rails for the secondary boats are also glued ,and an test with cradles is done
the cranes bases and rangefinders for the 100mm AA are installed
I'm beginning to find that I have large fingers to put all subsets
see you latter for the next step
cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:40 pm
by zs180
This model gets better and better with every new detail added!
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:51 am
by Jeff Dundee
Amazing Nicolas, as always. This model is fantastic and it's getting full of details now.
I'm waiting for th� next step

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:24 am
by dafi
simply WOW!
XXXDAn
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:43 am
by Angeliccypher
The way you get everything to line up so exactly.......just wow.
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:50 am
by hypno7
That looks very good Nicolas! All the detail is just impressive!
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:38 pm
by Gianluca
Hello Nico,
Which happiness of seeing the advances of this magnificent Rich'. I am always also a fan and I look forward to too to see the next stages.
Good evening.
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:04 am
by LE BOSCO
HI gentlemens
thank a lot for your words and sorry for not having answered earlier but I narrowly avoided a nervous breakdown, who had me taken all desire to work on my Richelieu
but now it gets better and the work restart

I'll have to finish definitely the area between the castle and the chimney ,because once the charging mats installed, impossible to reach into this area due to the presence of cables
I have prepared the masts loads , and remade the supports of the heads of the masts ,indeed that I did for my first Richelieu was too simplistic (in gray on the picture)
the pulleys are prepared
Last blank tests
the diagram of the cables arrangement
you see that the area behind the cables will be difficult to access for pasting without breaking the cables,especially that it is the service boats that are here. so I'll finish them
in first a 13 meter motor boat covered by tarpaulin
the same without the tarpauline
again a 13 meters motor boat but with a different layout
it will be on the sea of my diorama, and will be charged with this so
a 11 meter rowboat (master)
and a 13 meter rowboat (master)
and to finish , one of the four 10.80 and 11 meter motor boats provided for the officers and commander.
Jean Mahieux draw to me, the PE for the external d�tails
the family begins to enlarge
see you soon
cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:26 am
by Goodwood
Glad to have you back, Nicholas, and especially glad that you've got your modeling mojo going again! Those boats are indeed superbly-crafted, and I for one look forward to seeing them painted up and weathered.
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:43 am
by LE BOSCO
HI Sean
thanks for you kind word

and me too i'm glad to have found my modeling mojo
cherrs
nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:28 am
by dafi
What a pleasure to have you back and all the best for you personally!
And what a pleasure for us WHAT you show
Interesting construction for the crane with the pulleys hanging overhead on the bridge.
XXXDAn
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:44 am
by marijn van gils
Glad that you're back and feeling good Nicolas!
And those boats just look fantastic!!!
Cheers,
Marijn