1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
Christian M.
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 pm
Location: Cologne / Germany, sometimes Poznan/ Poland and Chessington/ UK

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Christian M. »

LE BOSCO wrote:bonsoir a tous

Pierre ,yet with all the efforts that I make, to make a resembling model :big_grin:
thank'a lot Christian
today no fof naval ...but of the railway :D indeed there is "some time" I had prepared the locomotive and car for the diorama,but nothing had been completed. now this has been done
in the order ,the locomotive

Image

then the gondola cars loaded with crates, barrels (red wine for the "cambuse"? ) planks
....
Image

some cars are not right, because my background has small undulations;)
see you soon for the next step
Cheers
Nicolas
Nicolas
Hi Nicolas,
Looks very nice ... but I thought you will make them moveable with mini electro motor etc. ... :whistle: :rolf_3:

This will become a very impressive diorama for sure! :thumbs_up_1:
The advantage of wisdom is that you can play dumb; conversely, it is more difficult.
marijn van gils
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 am
Location: Belgium

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by marijn van gils »

For some reason, I couldn't see your photo's in Turkey Nicolas, but I'm glad at home I can again! :)

Very good rigging technique (I will remember that one!), and excellent train!

Cheers,

Marijn
User avatar
DWD
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 am
Location: Idaho

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by DWD »

Nicholas my friend, I always enjoy seeing your updates. You always seem to make the most intricate details. Great work. The RICHELIEU is looking quite fantastic sir. I look forward to seeing more. :thumbs_up_1:
Doug

Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496

http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank a lot guys :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
further work will focus on the Citro�n U-23 from "l'arsenal"

Image

Image

and the Citro�n 11 BL always from "l'arsenal"

Image

Image

the "game" on the U23 beings will redo the tarpaulins with frames ,because on the sheeted models ,I find it too hard and not natural, so I remade
and the U23 and 11 I'll try to hollow out the interior in order to open doors and redo interior just to give life to all..Christian , the steering and the brakes will be operational :big_grin:
see you soon for ne next step :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas
Last edited by LE BOSCO on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
blacman
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Poland, Wroclaw

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by blacman »

looking for next step then .... :smallsmile:
so nice build... :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
...in my shipyard...
Image
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI Gentlemen
thank's blacman :thumbs_up_1:
progress on my vehicles for the diorama ...in first the interior of the U 23 Citro�n military version, have been dug

Image

ditto for the "traction avant"

Image

I find it more "alive"

Image

I took the opportunity to make the U23 civilian versions .in first in "Pinardier" version
the rear platform is remade, passing of wheels rounded, larger headlights,and removing tanks

Image

Image

an another vesion more classic

Image

and finally the military version with tarpaulin

Image

Image

this one will have a complete interior (car door open) .the tarpaulin made of cigarette paper and the structure are in PE surplus

the ready models

Image

just to give an idea of the size

Image

Image

I know that is not very maritime and hoped not to get bored .... if that is the case i am sorry
best regards
Nicolas
User avatar
dafi
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by dafi »

As always: A dream to watch!

How didi you "dig out" the inside? Milling machine?

And the open door - this means we are to expect a complete interior assembly with moving speed indicator needles?!?

WOW?!?

WOW!?!

WOW!!!

A great admirer of your art, Daniel
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60

See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI Dan

thank you for your kind comment :thumbs_up_1: to answer your question ..yep the interior is "dig out " with a milling cutter for dentist ,but also with jeweler's files, and the razor blade

Image

the U23 will have just the interior detailled , but the "traction" will have the engine compartment and the engine :-D

Image

but not speed indicator needles or accelerator pedals or ashtray :wink:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
dafi
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by dafi »

I love this traction, what a pampering program :-)

WOW!

WOW!!

WOW!!!

XXXDAn
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60

See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
User avatar
blacman
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Poland, Wroclaw

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by blacman »

I was missing your pictures....
that's good you'a back :thumbs_up_1:
...in my shipyard...
Image
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hello gentlemen
thank you both :thumbs_up_1: the " traction " was equipped with its fire wall and engine compartment

Image

Image

the battery and the radiator are already in place :smallsmile: as you'll see in the next picture, even at 350em it is possible to make detailed models :-D

Image

thanks to my friend Jean Mahieux I have the doors, engine hood and the the steering wheel in PE the is made in scratch

I promised I come back as soon as possible at naval subjects :wink:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
blacman
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Poland, Wroclaw

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by blacman »

:worship_1:
:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
...in my shipyard...
Image
User avatar
Goodwood
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Detroit area

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Goodwood »

Words fail me... :woo_hoo:
Sean Nash, ACG (aircraft camo gestapo)

On the ways:
1/200 Trumpeter HMS Nelson
1/700 Tamiya USS Yorktown CV-5

In the stash:
1/35 Italiari PT-109
1/35 Tamiya "Pibber" Patrol Boat
1/350 Trumpeter USS Yorktown CV-10
rotley
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:18 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by rotley »

That is incredible craftsmanship Nicolas. I suppose your next 'trick' is to make the wheels turn. :worship_1:
User avatar
bgire
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:48 am
Location: La Rochelle, France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by bgire »

rotley wrote:That is incredible craftsmanship Nicolas. I suppose your next 'trick' is to make the wheels turn. :worship_1:
Not yet, but if you look at his picture on the upper left is the engine... I suspect this is a working one :big_grin:
A day spent without laughing is a wasted day!
User avatar
Rob-UK
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am
Location: Leeds, UK.

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Rob-UK »

This is simply amazing! I love the L'Arsenal vehicles and have a load myself - they are already very fine quality to start with, but you've taken them to a whole new level of brilliance.
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI gentlemen

I really appreciate your kind words :thumbs_up_1: really very motivating :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
the elements are separately painted

Image

and then, everything is assembled

Image

Image

Image

in real ,they are more beautiful...the photos are not of good quality.this operation is to attract the eye on some portion of my diorama ....
This traction pull the job :smallsmile:

Image

see you soon for the next progress
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
dafi
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by dafi »

Love it - love it - love it!!!

"I promised I come back as soon as possible at naval subjects"

This is very naval by the way: If it drives over the dock�s edge it makes "splouff" and plays submarine :-) :-) :-)

XXXDAn
Last edited by dafi on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60

See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
User avatar
Strategos Augustus
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:58 pm
Location: New Hampshire , United States

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Strategos Augustus »

Citroen! This has fired my imagination!

This is madness!

dafi wrote:Love it - love it - love it!!!

"I promised I come back as soon as possible at naval subjects"

This is very naval by the way: If it drives over the dock it makes "splouff" and plays submarine :-) :-) :-)

XXXDAn
:rolf_3:
Image
Si hortum in bibliotheca habes, nihil deerit.
- Consul Marcus Tullius Cicero
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI gentlemen

Dan :-D :-D thank you both for have put a comment :thumbs_up_1:
for answer to Aop Aur without flooding the Strategos Augustus thread "@Nicholas, Dunkerque and Strasbourg will be nice!!" I hope Aop Aur ..I hope I wait with impatience :shock:
ok..now some progress...for to begin, other vehicles with their respective floor

Image

the Richelieu had a little bit everywhere of balsa rafts in stackings .the stacks are formed of 4 or 5 rafts
I had made of masters of rafts ,and of copies in resin have been made and put ,in stacks of 3 or 4 rafts..the only two present are for vary the stacks

Image

I rework the aft mast

Image

Image

it is fragile, and will be placed at the end ..oncoming :wink:

the proof, I'll paint the optical of the rangefinders (in white )

Image

see you soon
cheers
Nicolas
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”