Page 64 of 71

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:36 am
by Christian M.
LE BOSCO wrote:bonsoir a tous

Pierre ,yet with all the efforts that I make, to make a resembling model :big_grin:
thank'a lot Christian
today no fof naval ...but of the railway :D indeed there is "some time" I had prepared the locomotive and car for the diorama,but nothing had been completed. now this has been done
in the order ,the locomotive

Image

then the gondola cars loaded with crates, barrels (red wine for the "cambuse"? ) planks
....
Image

some cars are not right, because my background has small undulations;)
see you soon for the next step
Cheers
Nicolas
Nicolas
Hi Nicolas,
Looks very nice ... but I thought you will make them moveable with mini electro motor etc. ... :whistle: :rolf_3:

This will become a very impressive diorama for sure! :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:49 am
by marijn van gils
For some reason, I couldn't see your photo's in Turkey Nicolas, but I'm glad at home I can again! :)

Very good rigging technique (I will remember that one!), and excellent train!

Cheers,

Marijn

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:05 am
by DWD
Nicholas my friend, I always enjoy seeing your updates. You always seem to make the most intricate details. Great work. The RICHELIEU is looking quite fantastic sir. I look forward to seeing more. :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:45 pm
by LE BOSCO
thank a lot guys :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
further work will focus on the Citro�n U-23 from "l'arsenal"

Image

Image

and the Citro�n 11 BL always from "l'arsenal"

Image

Image

the "game" on the U23 beings will redo the tarpaulins with frames ,because on the sheeted models ,I find it too hard and not natural, so I remade
and the U23 and 11 I'll try to hollow out the interior in order to open doors and redo interior just to give life to all..Christian , the steering and the brakes will be operational :big_grin:
see you soon for ne next step :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:50 pm
by blacman
looking for next step then .... :smallsmile:
so nice build... :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:15 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI Gentlemen
thank's blacman :thumbs_up_1:
progress on my vehicles for the diorama ...in first the interior of the U 23 Citro�n military version, have been dug

Image

ditto for the "traction avant"

Image

I find it more "alive"

Image

I took the opportunity to make the U23 civilian versions .in first in "Pinardier" version
the rear platform is remade, passing of wheels rounded, larger headlights,and removing tanks

Image

Image

an another vesion more classic

Image

and finally the military version with tarpaulin

Image

Image

this one will have a complete interior (car door open) .the tarpaulin made of cigarette paper and the structure are in PE surplus

the ready models

Image

just to give an idea of the size

Image

Image

I know that is not very maritime and hoped not to get bored .... if that is the case i am sorry
best regards
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:46 pm
by dafi
As always: A dream to watch!

How didi you "dig out" the inside? Milling machine?

And the open door - this means we are to expect a complete interior assembly with moving speed indicator needles?!?

WOW?!?

WOW!?!

WOW!!!

A great admirer of your art, Daniel

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:27 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI Dan

thank you for your kind comment :thumbs_up_1: to answer your question ..yep the interior is "dig out " with a milling cutter for dentist ,but also with jeweler's files, and the razor blade

Image

the U23 will have just the interior detailled , but the "traction" will have the engine compartment and the engine :-D

Image

but not speed indicator needles or accelerator pedals or ashtray :wink:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:15 pm
by dafi
I love this traction, what a pampering program :-)

WOW!

WOW!!

WOW!!!

XXXDAn

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:59 pm
by blacman
I was missing your pictures....
that's good you'a back :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:01 am
by LE BOSCO
Hello gentlemen
thank you both :thumbs_up_1: the " traction " was equipped with its fire wall and engine compartment

Image

Image

the battery and the radiator are already in place :smallsmile: as you'll see in the next picture, even at 350em it is possible to make detailed models :-D

Image

thanks to my friend Jean Mahieux I have the doors, engine hood and the the steering wheel in PE the is made in scratch

I promised I come back as soon as possible at naval subjects :wink:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:20 am
by blacman
:worship_1:
:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:08 pm
by Goodwood
Words fail me... :woo_hoo:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:37 pm
by rotley
That is incredible craftsmanship Nicolas. I suppose your next 'trick' is to make the wheels turn. :worship_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:48 pm
by bgire
rotley wrote:That is incredible craftsmanship Nicolas. I suppose your next 'trick' is to make the wheels turn. :worship_1:
Not yet, but if you look at his picture on the upper left is the engine... I suspect this is a working one :big_grin:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:15 pm
by Rob-UK
This is simply amazing! I love the L'Arsenal vehicles and have a load myself - they are already very fine quality to start with, but you've taken them to a whole new level of brilliance.

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:40 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI gentlemen

I really appreciate your kind words :thumbs_up_1: really very motivating :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
the elements are separately painted

Image

and then, everything is assembled

Image

Image

Image

in real ,they are more beautiful...the photos are not of good quality.this operation is to attract the eye on some portion of my diorama ....
This traction pull the job :smallsmile:

Image

see you soon for the next progress
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:53 pm
by dafi
Love it - love it - love it!!!

"I promised I come back as soon as possible at naval subjects"

This is very naval by the way: If it drives over the dock�s edge it makes "splouff" and plays submarine :-) :-) :-)

XXXDAn

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:46 pm
by Strategos Augustus
Citroen! This has fired my imagination!

This is madness!

dafi wrote:Love it - love it - love it!!!

"I promised I come back as soon as possible at naval subjects"

This is very naval by the way: If it drives over the dock it makes "splouff" and plays submarine :-) :-) :-)

XXXDAn
:rolf_3:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:21 am
by LE BOSCO
HI gentlemen

Dan :-D :-D thank you both for have put a comment :thumbs_up_1:
for answer to Aop Aur without flooding the Strategos Augustus thread "@Nicholas, Dunkerque and Strasbourg will be nice!!" I hope Aop Aur ..I hope I wait with impatience :shock:
ok..now some progress...for to begin, other vehicles with their respective floor

Image

the Richelieu had a little bit everywhere of balsa rafts in stackings .the stacks are formed of 4 or 5 rafts
I had made of masters of rafts ,and of copies in resin have been made and put ,in stacks of 3 or 4 rafts..the only two present are for vary the stacks

Image

I rework the aft mast

Image

Image

it is fragile, and will be placed at the end ..oncoming :wink:

the proof, I'll paint the optical of the rangefinders (in white )

Image

see you soon
cheers
Nicolas