Page 2 of 5

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:19 pm
by Filipe Ramires
Going to watch this build of yours with attention. I am building Yubari as well but in the early configuration...using the same model and curiously most of the photo-etch sets as well. Yes, the model is a very old mold...needs a LOT of work. Keep up the good work.
Regards,

Filipe

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:20 am
by DanCinSD
:cool_2: Great looking build so far, I will follow this to the end since light cruisers are awesome, and IJN light cruisers are very cool.

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:21 am
by Serhan Oflas
Thank you Filipe and DanCinSD,

I am trying to have some fun and this built will never be a ' tip top ' or a reference built. I could not cleared out lot of things and build examples on net confused my mind already. I have only Profile Morskie for reference and drawings inside have lots of conflicts with build examples. As Filipe mentioned, really lots of things has to be changed or remodelled when you really want to have %100 similar with real one. For example, Mr.T.Kimoto on Vanguard site remodelled bow shape of his own built but I did not wanted to changed mine cuz I could mess up all :heh: and after seeing another builts.

Anyway please note, don't take this built too much serious and please never hesitate to tell me any flaws of model or ideas or information. I am just trying to do my best and improve my skills in my first photoetched parts encounter :roll:

Happy modeling :wave_1:

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:48 am
by MartinJQuinn
DMcG wrote:I am trying to have some fun and this built
And that is what it's all about. Sweet build - keep the pictures coming.

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 am
by Filipe Ramires
DMcG wrote:As Filipe mentioned, really lots of things has to be changed or remodelled when you really want to have %100 similar with real one.
Try to get Model Art n� 665 about the 5500 IJN light cruisers. The magazine brings fairly good plans of Yubari. I am using them plus some other references to help me build mine. It's worth thrust me. Don't follow the Morskie to the letter.
Contact me offline if you need anything regarding Yubari.
Regards,

Filipe

EDIT: Forgot to mention though, the plans of Yubari in Model Art are for the early version of the light cruiser...first version of her actually.

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:10 pm
by Serhan Oflas
Small update again,

Image

Image

Some perforate bar details added underside of the mid.AA platform:
Image

Starboard view:
Image

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:29 pm
by prowannab
Very nice work so far, Honestly I don't know how yall put that kind of detail into something so small, I just about :mad_2: sometimes working on 350 stuff. I really and truly honestly give all of you a serious round of applause for you work on the 700 stuff

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:53 pm
by Serhan Oflas
Thank you Filipe for your information supplied and you too prowannab.Today I tried to add some details on model;

Added small support plates inside of fwd turret seawater protection plate
Image

Perforate bar supports added to gun deck extension supports from inside. Port view :
Image

Ladders added :
Image

Image

Stbd view:
Image

:wave_1:

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:23 am
by William J
Excellent work, keep the pics coming.

Everyone must keep in mind that this is 1/700 scale - brilliant. My work is so ordinary in comparison :cry_3:

Bill :wave_1:

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:49 pm
by J. Soca
Very nice :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: , keep up the terrific work


Jose

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:51 am
by Serhan Oflas
Many thanks William J and Jose,

Minor adds again,

Lion Roar anch.&chains set also supplies some fairleads:
Image

Bridge windshield is from hanging ladders set ,actually I am not sure how many windows it has. Bridge top temp.fitted for taking photo.
Image

Here tools I am using atm.
Image

Regards :wave_1:

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:25 pm
by Serhan Oflas
Hello,

Played with AA platform bit more,

Image

Image

:wave_1:

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:18 am
by Dan K
Excellent lattice and support work.

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 pm
by Serhan Oflas
Hello,

Thank you Mr.Dan K.

Last situation :

Image

Image

Image

Image

Regards :wave_1:
Serhan

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:33 pm
by J. Soca
Neat job so far!! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Jose

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 pm
by Serhan Oflas
Thank you Jose,

Flyhawk Ammo boxes and Lionroar's ladder added on AA platform :

Image

Regards :wave_1:

Serhan

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:39 am
by Serhan Oflas
Hello,

Tested P.E AA :

Image

Regards :wave_1:

Serhan

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:27 pm
by DanCinSD
Hi serhan,
Those little p.e. AA guns are fun to fold...... :heh: I did a lot on a recent build of Yahghi.
Your kit is looking fantastic so far and thanks for the posts, I am enjoying them.

:thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:03 am
by Serhan Oflas
Hello,

Thank you Dan. I saw your Yahagi and I like it very much.
Today, with the railings done I finished with AA platform. Since the beginning of this project, I was anxious about this platform, which did not prove me wrong and caused some problems. I used Toms side supports and I had to cut off ending parts of frames. Probably Morsike's dwgs were wrong and Tom's parts became too wide. Anyway no problem :smallsmile:

from fwd:
Image

from aft:
Image

Regards :wave_1:
Serhan

Re: 1/700 tamiya Yubari -Built log

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:01 pm
by Serhan Oflas
Hello,

Small steps for a human again :

Image

Image

Regards :wave_1:
Serhan