Page 2 of 4

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 pm
by mima
Jo sali Jim, wie goht's dir denn so?? :wave_1:

Well, I hope to finish her by the end of September. She will be part of our IPMS show, and the "Rising Sun"
project. And I will be in Telford this year too.... But with Yamato?? Where to store this monster in a standard
Swiss airplane?? I have no idea..... :Mad_6:

Frank, thank you very much for your kind words! Hope to meet you somewhere else in the near future!

Bye

Michael

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 am
by Bernd Villhauer
The best Yamato I ever saw......by now. And Michi is a master of coloring .........

Great and awesome Job Michi .. :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Greatings from Freisbach...Bernd and Michaela

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:37 am
by mima
Hallo mein Freund!

Thank you very much, and lots of greetings from Basel!

Best, Michi & Family

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 pm
by mabmanu
Hello .

Very nice . :thumbs_up_1:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:42 pm
by mima
Hello Gents,

Only slow progress at the moment. Some more painting and detailing:

Image

Hope to finish all of these ladys until next year :eyes_spinning: :

The USS Alska was/is a kit out of hell.... what a beast!!! I've replaced most of the original kit parts by scratch build
ones.

Image

Image

More to come!

Cheers, Michael

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:38 am
by mima
Hello,

Some new parts from Ishida.... I will take more pictures soon!

Image

See you soon!

Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 pm
by taskforce48
Michael,


Wonderful work so far! Although I have not succumbed to Yamato Fever, this build is inspiring me to want to eventually build her. Question on the Alaska, what kit is it? Iron Shipwright or Classic Warships/Yankee Modelworks?

Matt
PS> If you wanted to post a couple of more shots of the Alaska, wouldn't break my heart :big_grin:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:39 pm
by mima
Hi Matt,

It's the Yankee Modelworks Alaska.... Some pictures of the build can be found in our Swiss IPMS message board:

http://www.ipms.ch/plugins/forum/forum_ ... ic.php?839

Truly an interesting ship.... But not the easiest build!

Best, Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:07 am
by mima
Hello ship modelers,

I'm back with a few more pictures.
The new parts from Ishida are great, I've replaced all of the inaccurate Tamiya gun tubs. Not the easiest task,
but here they are:

Image

Image

Main range finder:

Image

Best, Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 am
by mima
Last but not least.... The new IJN binoculars set!

Image

That's all so far,

Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:04 am
by JIM BAUMANN
OK--those binoculars are spectacular!!

:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

JB

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm
by mima
I agree Jim....

And they are avaiable in 1/700!

Gruss aus Basel

Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 am
by mima
Hello gents,

The aircrafts are in position, hope to finish my "Yamogami" build soon.... :whistle: :rolf_3:

Image

See you.....

Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 am
by Doug Hallet
Michael, great work on your kit so far and thanks for the previews on FB. Sorry I haven't by MWS much in recent days to check on your progress or other Yamato builds. I see Mr. Ishida has come out with another set, the binoculars, that I haven't seen before. They are certainly outstanding. I have also seen evidence of a set of 25 MM AA turrets he's produced in the past with the correct "late model" sharp sides, so I suppose he will re-release those at some future point as well. Looking forward to more progress on your build, will include a link on my blog to you. Cheers, Doug

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:48 am
by mima
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your kind words about my build. I believe that your own build will become the new standard for all
Yamatoholics! Your work on the hangar area is outstanding, and inspiring too!
Keep up the good work, I'm sure she will become the best 350 scale Yamato ever!

Greetings from Switzerland

Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:14 pm
by J. Soca
Most impressive and very clean work!! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:



Jose :wave_1:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 pm
by Smovie (Ger)
Hi,
Nice work as far :thumbs_up_1:
But my question: Where you can buy the outstanding resin parts form ishida-san? I couldn't find them in the internet.
Please help me :nod_2:

Ps: Ich bevorzuge es aus der EU zu kaufen, bzw aus Deutschland :wave_1:
Smovie

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm
by janschu
Hello Smovie,

the parts (resin and photoetch) will be available at Burkhardt�s shop soon. :woo_hoo:
https://shop.modellmarine.de/
He has ordered the the first bunch of that wonderful stuff and he told me, the
items are already underway. :thumbs_up_1:

Michi, i hope to meet both you and your outstanding Yamato in person at Laupheim! :eyebrows:

Greetings from the North Sea Coast,
Jan Schulz, IG-Waterline :wave_1:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 am
by mima
Hello gents,

First of all a big thank you for your comments.
Let me say that a few of he parts from Ishida-san, like the gun tubs are not yet available... I've received them
as a gift.
He's currently redesigning the Yamato set, which should be ready by the end of August. So stay tuned!

Jan, I will do my best to be part of your show... :wave_1:

Best, Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:05 pm
by Sebastien Lausdat
Hello Michael
For me, Your "chef d'oeuvre" is your model of reference of the Yamato class.
A pure gem of jewelry. :thumbs_up_1:
Seb