Page 12 of 71
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:14 am
by anyahajobuzi
Very nice work, straight, square cutting. Again!
Way to give the word " insane" a positive meaning!!

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:49 am
by LE BOSCO
thanks a lot for your kind comment anyahajobuzi
Cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 pm
by bgire
Just a small addition to Nicolas awesome work genesis.
This crane was but a puzzling one, as it was different from that of the Dunkerque, but no clear picture nor plan was available.
It has been fitted aboard Richelieu as built, but removed during her 1943 American refit...
Until I realized I had a plan in my files: back in 2004 I re-discovered original plans of the light cruiser De Grasse (An improved Galissoni�re of 1938) in the French Archives and re-draw a whole set which has been used by John Jordan in Warship 2010. As originally designed, De Grasse would have shipped two catapults and two collapsible recovery cranes and the cruiser's specifications clearly stated all these, along with the main turrets, were to be of the SAME type as Richelieu's... so... what else?
First time a never-was plan does help to improve a really-was one...
_Bruno (BigBear)
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:38 pm
by LE BOSCO
bgire wrote:, along with the main turrets, were to be of the SAME type as Richelieu's... so... what else?........
Hello Bruno
thanks mister Big Bear

Main turrets??this is not the secondary 152 mm turrets of richelieu which was planned ,as main turrets on the De Grasse ? and still thank a lot for the providential plan
cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:40 pm
by dafi
Wonderful show!!!
Thanks both of you!
Amicalement, Daniel
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:51 pm
by bgire
LE BOSCO wrote:Main turrets??this is not the secondary 152 mm turrets of Richelieu which was planned ,as main turrets on the De Grasse ? and still thank a lot for the providential plan
The 152mm triple secondary turret of Richelieu was an evolution of the Galissoni�re's main guns, with heavier armor and 90� elevation.
During the early (1935) stage of De Grasse design it was chosen, but soon discovered to be too heavy (70tons in total) to be shipped aboard a "Treaty limited" light cruiser.
Finally, an intermediate design was retained, including the improvements of the Richelieu turrets, but with a 70� elevation to save weight.
_Bruno
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:34 pm
by LE BOSCO
Thank you Bruno for these preciseness
Hello Dan
I'm glad to read you

not too hot in germany?
Cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:53 pm
by dafi
Today is ok - yesterday was a KILLER!
Daniel
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:51 pm
by LE BOSCO
As here Daniel

an advantage in this heat.....glue and putty dries quickly
cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 pm
by boomstick68
Beautiful work as always.

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:19 am
by LE BOSCO
thank a lot boomstick

I appreciate your Kind comment
cheers
nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:40 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI all
after eye problems, I had nothing better to do than put me of weld slag still burning in my left eye

OK I'm right handed, but with for the two eyes is better (my eye is now ok with a vision of 10/10) and also a little rest, I'm back to "business" it was time! My fingers started to itch! .......... But I'll be careful not to put my finger in my eye
But unfortunately for your eyes! I'll get back post all over again in the coming days!:smallsmile:
cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:56 pm
by Apophysis
Hello Nicholas!
I wish you and your eye get well soon so that you can show great pictures of your excellent Richelieu again!
With best wishes!
Dirk
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am
by LE BOSCO
thank you Dirk for your kind words

now my eye ,everything is ok,I went back to my work plan this morning,I finished my seaplane crane. pictures soon
cheers
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:59 am
by potchip
Well, hats off to you. There are many that do modifications - but to do so with a result that's as neat if not neater than the original, is a feat that few achieves.
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:16 am
by LE BOSCO
HI gents
Thank you to you for your kind messages
The tenth in the left eye being back, I've finally finished my crane for seaplane ....!
To start the main arm is equipped with pulleys and its axis to the opening of the arrow in "slumped position"
Then the arrow is also equipped with various pulleys
Then it was the turn of the strut
and finally the basis is equipped with the "drums" for the cables and of two electric motors (one for handling and one for rotation)
everything will be moulded separately , because I will either mount the slumped crane like that
or like this
For the console I used this of the central handling crane , because according to my plan I and some photos, he looked to be very like.
Here, apart from ladders in PE (I've) and PE railings who are they to draw "the series" of the crane is finished .......
See you soon for more
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:51 am
by Captain pugwash
Lovely stuff Nicholas.
Artistic and well made.
Cheers Capt-P

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:00 am
by LE BOSCO
Thank's Capt-P

glad you like it
Nicolas
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:30 am
by boomstick68
Extremely well engineered detailing my friend.

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 am
by LE BOSCO
thank's James

but this remains a modest handmade work ,of crafts in some way,and not of the 3D production "very fashionable" at the moment (this is not a critical)

cheers
Nicolas