Page 13 of 71

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:19 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI guys :wave_1:

I'm in the drilling of portholes on my hull, as compared to the version after 1943, the implanting and the number varies with the original project. The obvious example is the first five portholes of the first row of portholes present on the bow. During the first sea trials ,of water to penetrate through the portholes and to flooded of compartments ....... The solution .... the closed permanently
I attached a scale drawing that was done by a friend who works on a Jean Bart, and to help me find my way I changed the implanting and the number from period photographs .I'm a human being , there may be minor errors, but nothing of dramatic


Image



Made careful not to change the size when you print. I will join the side portside once completed
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:36 pm
by dafi
Holey ship!

;-)

Daniel

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:09 pm
by boomstick68
ma�tre artisan :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 am
by LE BOSCO
thanks guys :wave_1:
Cherrs
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:50 pm
by LE BOSCO
Hello :wave_1:

As promised the "plan" of port side side

Image

my plans were helpful to me for locate the portholes on my hull,and I start tomorrow the drilling
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:52 pm
by JIM BAUMANN
Tres bien! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

JIm Baumann

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:45 pm
by LE BOSCO
thanks Jim :smallsmile: if it can be useful to someone.... I am glad to share here
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:10 am
by LE BOSCO
hello gents

the phase where I am now, is not of the most photogenic, without wanting to "offending" the most experienced , I told myself that it may help or interest someone .... so therefore I put photos the spotting phase for the piercing of portholes. the equipment necessary to begin

Image

In the disorder: the drill holders, the adhesive ribbon, a "dry tip", pencil of 0.5, and a homemade marking gauge.
With this marking gauge and placing my hull on a flat surface, I mark the waterline and portholes lines sliding along the hull with my marking gauge .simple and effective

Image

After having cut my "plan" and drill the benchmarks by using my "dry tip". Once done, the "plan" is put in place and fixed with of adhesive ribbon

Image

I mark each porthole position on the lines drawn

Image

and then comes the drilling . I prefer to do this is with a wick holder,which is easier to control that a small drill.

Image

work is far from over, because on each hole I'll come stick my portholes in PE, a good headlock in perspective
cheers
nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:36 am
by Apophysis
Hello Nicholas!

Your perfection is already frightening! :woo_hoo: I think I give up the ship building and build tanks! :big_grin:

It is a pleasure to follow your build!

Dirk

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:59 am
by LE BOSCO
thanks Dirk
it is a pleasure to share
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:45 pm
by anyahajobuzi
Hi Nicholas!

Your attention to detail is amazing! Way over the top! I know nothing about this ship , but in your case I am looking forward to seeing it completed. If I live long enough :smallsmile:

Beautiful work, fun to follow!

All the best: Laci

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:12 pm
by LE BOSCO
anyahajobuzi wrote:.... If I live long enough :smallsmile: ...
Thank you Laci
I wish you stay in life the longest possible time :thumbs_up_1: but it is true that I work slowly :smallsmile:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 am
by Christian M.
Tu es fou et tu me fais peur Nicolas :big_grin:

Jokes away, a great show how to make things in detailing good! :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:45 pm
by LE BOSCO
Christian M. wrote:.....Tu es fou et tu me fais peur Nicolas :big_grin: ....

Hi Christian

not worry!!I just received my new jacket :whistle:

Image

thank you Christian for your kind word :wink:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 pm
by Captain pugwash
Like your attention to detail Nicolas :wave_1: .

Never mind the strait jacket, just keep them portholes strait :thumbs_up_1:

Keep it coming :good_job:

Cheers Capt-P :cool_2:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:43 pm
by LE BOSCO
Otherwise, this week I have not had much time to work on my " Rich " , therefore this morning four hour and everyone on the deck !
On version 1.0 of my Richelieu , the Hawse pipes present on the bow , were in "trompe l'�il" (in English??)

Image

only the outputs of hawse pipes were drilled. On my new Richelieu I added the passage tubes of chains .they are made of evergreen tube

Image

after to have identify their input and output, I have pierced the outer diameter of the tube on the hull and on the bow ,and adjusted, and pasting the tubes.the result

Image

Image

the entries resin have been hollowed ,to allow, as in the reality,the passage of chains

Image

Image

with the fairlead on the front tip of the bow

Image

the all ,with a first layer of primer

Image

Image

Image

on the pictures ,we have clearly the richelieu which pulls the tongue .there is still a lot of work,but he advances
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:01 pm
by Timmy C
Trompe l'oeil can be translated to "optical illusion", or just "illusion", in this context.

Looking great, as always!

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:02 pm
by boomstick68
You sir are a genius. I have been thinking of a way to make those and it was staring me in the face the whole time. Thank you for sharing that. :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:18 pm
by dafi
Holey trinity!

XXXDAn

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:34 pm
by LE BOSCO
thank you Timmy for your explanation :thumbs_up_1: tonight I'm going to bed less stupid :wacko:
James
a genius........this is a bit much :oops: I apply simply, of real manufacturing processes :smallsmile:
Hi Dan,I glad to read you :thumbs_up_1:
Thank you guys for your participation :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers
Nicolas