Page 14 of 71

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:07 pm
by DWD
Superb work Nicolas! Your work is always amazing sir. :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:25 pm
by LE BOSCO
thank's Doug
coming from you, the compliment is appreciated :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:07 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI gent's

the ongoing work on the bow. to start, I decided to engrave with a "rosie" the anti slip coating present .the slip bands and exits Hawse pipes are also added.

Image

anchor winches are also remade (some parts were already molded for my 1st montage)

Image


any parts installed (only anchor winches are not glued)

Image


Image


Now I'll attack the bow
Cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 pm
by Stein Gildberg
I've been following you work. Beautiful work with attention to detail. :thumbs_up_1:

Stein

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:30 pm
by LE BOSCO
thanks stein for your kind comment :thumbs_up_1:
Cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 am
by LE BOSCO
Hi folks

I just finished the stern. for the realization of the hawse pipe, I perform the same operation than on the bow, but this time the chain passage tube is conical ... as in reality. a view from the hawse pipe during the achievement

Image

Indeed, the output on the rear is larger than the input on the deck. the stern edge is ugly,since ,it has been straightened always.
in the modifications performed,to the A arrow ,a small metalic deck section is present on the stern ,it is represented with the plastic card.


Image


at B Arrow, a "gutter" is present on the periphery of the deck, it is made with evergreen profiles
the stern with its specific windlass

Image

is still a lot of steps before the end,but ,as usual, step by step ,I'll take the time to make time :-D

cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:36 am
by Apophysis
Hello Nicholas!

Every little step by you is a great pleasure for humanity (especially for us modellers!) :big_grin: :thumbs_up_1:

Dirk

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:45 am
by LE BOSCO
that's too much Dirk :oops: I'll end up believing it :wink: :-D
thank's for your kind word :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:42 am
by LE BOSCO
hello folks

I start to modify a Trumpy turret , I did not could use one of my molded turrets as it is intended to "Richelieu" after 43. The main changes are the addition of protections around the vision blocks of the small observation bell, and changing the shape of the embrasures of the tubes 380. I used the "ears" of rangefinders one of my cast turret, which saves a lot of my time

http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
Image[/url]

Then, I must integrate the shield basis of the tubes in embrasure. a shield made ??of a tube portion

Image


as you can see it is not that big, which makes it difficult to adjust! but ,with the perseverance we can get there, the evidence, the shield adjusted in its housing

Image

for subsequently,I have three other to make , four shutters and many little details
cheers

Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:38 am
by sgtryan13
The excellent modeling skills here are very impressive, keep it up my friend. Equally impressive, is the photography and step-by-step explanation. :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:00 pm
by LE BOSCO
Hi folks

thank's you sgtryan for your kind words ,and I am glad you like this step-by-step :thumbs_up_1:
the "master" of the original version of turrets is finished. I have not pierced the shields, because in 1941, the bursting of the gun N� 3 of the turret N�2 was not repaired, changing the equilibrium of the gun breech .

http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
Image[/url]

allowing me to position the lifting up of my guns ,as I want

Image

Image

Image

and one in order to compare with one already molded

Image

this step is ended. For now I leave aside the hull, because my friend big bear( Bruno Gire), draw and etched for me the degaussing belt .... :woo_hoo: I owe him a "huge debt of gratitude"
cheers
Nicolas

Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:25 am
by dafi
Being back from a trip, just catching up and what do I see:

Mary in full flight - what a delight!

Great work as usual!

Daniel

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:44 am
by sirmaumau
:cool_2: eager to see the french style degaussing cable!

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 pm
by LE BOSCO
Hello Dan

thank's for your kind words :thumbs_up_1: I feel that we'll have new progress on your victory,it must itch you :smallsmile:
sirmaumau
the degaussing cable is being drawn,I'm also looking forward ,to have it in my hands :smallsmile:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:55 pm
by PetrolGator
Will you model her with the broken barrel?

I always appreciate your step by step builds, Nicolas.

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:19 pm
by LE BOSCO
PetrolGator wrote:...Will you model her with the broken barrel?...
Thank's Chris :wink: and indeed, my Richelieu going to have broken barrel.....it's a bit "special" but historical :smallsmile:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:43 pm
by Stein Gildberg
You really stick to the details too, Nicolas! I like it! :woo_hoo:

Stein

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:17 pm
by LE BOSCO
thank you Stein :thumbs_up_1:
I launch out today in achieving the master of anti-aircraft artillery
37 mm double 13.2 single, double, and quad. I have occupation for the next days :big_grin:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:02 pm
by LE BOSCO
Hi gents

I'm like a kid tonight! the top of the castle and the yards are finally moldeds

Image

the same assembled

Image

Image

I'm really happy with the result (thousand thank uncle jack). the castle really starts to resemble something

Image

to continue in the molding series, much of "the floats" anti-torpedo nets

Image

and finally, an assortment of crates, turrets and casks

Image

see you soon
Cheers

Nicolas
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:08 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI folks :wave_1:

I began the manufacture the masters of anti-aircraft weapons. in order to know the number and the location of the light anti-aircraft weapons to the period of July 1941 (period that interests me) ,after overlap between different sources (books, pictures), I make a "plan" of location

Image

The weapons did not stop to migrate and evolve between 1940 and late 1941 and never change until landing before departure to the USA in 1943. Apparently the armament was either take or ship wrecks off ... for example, it seems that 37mm CAD were taken from the wreckage of l'Audacieux at Dakar!!!!!

a +
Nicolas