Page 15 of 71

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:29 am
by LE BOSCO
hello all

not much time this week to " tinker " so this morning I tried to make the master a 13.2 ....... it's just that I did not realize the size of the " beast " at 350 ..... 5mm long ! I reached at the end of my abilities with my hands :big_grin:

Image

and it's overscale :censored_2: I'll find the solution in peeping in a friend's achievements who at draw of 13.2 for make a PE plank !! Homo sapiens zero point, machine one point :-D not quite, for the double and single mounts, ok! only the conical base will be in volume, but for the quad mount , much of the mounts will be in volume! the proof ,the master

Image

due the smallness of the thing ,obliged to stick a handling rod , impossible to hold it between the fingers!!!!
to compare the size

Image

for the moment,I'll leave at this stage the arming 13.2 , and I will attack the 37mm double
a +
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:42 am
by dafi
LE BOSCO wrote:... I reached at the end of my abilities with my hands :big_grin:
...okokokokok...

You may take off the skiing gloves now and use your fingers ...

;-)

Astonishing as always, Daniel

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:54 am
by LE BOSCO
dafi wrote:......You may take off the skiing gloves now and use your fingers ..

very funny my friend :-D it is not nice to make fun of me :wink:
thank's for your comment :thumbs_up_1:
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:56 pm
by wefalck
Your ability to 'carve' plastic sheet is quite amazing ...

wefalck

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:09 pm
by bgire
wefalck wrote:Your ability to 'carve' plastic sheet is quite amazing ...
... indeed...given the fact he's still wearing his skiing gloves :lol_3:
_Bruno
(a.k.a. the slave who's preparing custom PE for him)

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:52 pm
by Apophysis
Hello Nicholas,

do you have a German or a french one cent coin used as a size comparison because the German is much smaller since the crisis! :big_grin:

As usual, a great job! :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers!
Dirk

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:02 pm
by boomstick68
Nicolas your work is, how do you say, "BAD IN ASS!!!" :rolf_3:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm
by LE BOSCO
Hi gentlemen

thank's for your kind words :thumbs_up_1: I appreciate always your participation !
My Bruno , what are you doing here??? you better get back to drawing of my PE plank :wink: it is true that Bruno helps me tremendously and his help is invaluable , it is a good friend with a big-hearted :worship_1:
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:13 pm
by j.mahieux
:wave_1: :thumbs_up_1: :heh:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:06 am
by LE BOSCO
Ho! Jean ! :woo_hoo:

I am glad to "read" you here :thumbs_up_1: this friend is the one who has designed 13.2 in PE :worship_1:
"merci encore pour le coup de main"
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:59 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI folks

This week has been more than loaded, so the shipyard was idled! for the moment I expect the photoetched(belt degaussing and vents) that the friend Big Bear(Bruno) draw'n me. I attacked the harbor water. A view of the whole

[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd304_zps335cf900.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

For now the water is black (undercoat) but I mostly worked the texture of the water. I try to get the look of calm water and lightly "dappled" a closeup of the appearance of the texture


[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd305_zpsc7c44a42.jpg.html"]Image[/url]


So, I ask you give me your opinions (good and bad) ,I need it to move forward :-D
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:45 pm
by PetrolGator
LOVE the water Nicolas.

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:50 pm
by LE BOSCO
thank's chris for your feedback :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:19 am
by sirmaumau
any details about watermarking please?BOSCO? :thumbs_up_1:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:50 pm
by NWarty
Nicolas,
That water is fantastic!!! :thumbs_up_1:

Beautiful stuff

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 pm
by LE BOSCO
thank you gent for your answer :thumbs_up_1: Sirmaumau ,What do you want exactly?how to do this water ?
Cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:59 pm
by LE BOSCO
Hi gentlemen's

the work on the port continued this week .in first ,the small part in the corner of the diorama supposed to represent the portion of living water (with waves)

Image

after to have protect with masking tape,of the plaster is applied on the corner .

then of the paper handkerchief is glued to a wooden glue,for give the texture basis of sea

Image

in A the location of the future jetty and in B a full earth

the quay has been produced with two plates 3mm ??plastic card

Image

Image

the wall quay all around was carved to represent rubble stones of which it was made (a mad work :crazy:)

Image

I still have to represent the earth which was on the quay floor,at the time not asphalt on the quay
cheers
Nicolas

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:14 pm
by Stein Gildberg
This is interesting to follow Bosco!
I am working on a somewhat smaller, but in some respect similar scenario with two German destroyers in Narvik harbor on April 9th 1940. I am not very much experienced in making buildings, quays etc, so I will suck in all tips I can get! :smallsmile:

Stein

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:30 pm
by dafi
Wonderful work, I love the rubble stones on the side :-)

But my personal favorite are the small steps on the right hand side :-)

And get yourself a fly for that you can progress a tad faster ...

XXXDAn

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:07 pm
by LE BOSCO
Dan ,on your advice,I drop the fly and I worked with "the mignons " to carved the rubble stones :-D
Stein I like your expression " I will suck in all tips " :-D
thank's for your feddeback :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas