1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
-
sirmaumau
- Posts: 173
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:02 pm
- Location: hangzhou china
- Contact:
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
lovely dapple?
- MartinJQuinn
- Posts: 8601
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 pm
- Location: New Jersey
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
It just keeps getting better and better and better and...
Martin
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne
Ship Model Gallery
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne
Ship Model Gallery
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
thank you to both
same time, I put together the prototype in PE of 13.2 CAD draw by Jeam and engraved by Bruno ....a little gem
soon more
Cheers
Nicolas
soon more
Cheers
Nicolas
- mabmanu
- Posts: 347
- Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 am
- Location: loctudy finist�re France
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
HI folks
I was a bit stuck for some time by the anti-aircraft armament, but of charitable souls rife on this forum, they gave me a sacred blow of thumb, namely, Jean Mahieux , and Bruno Gire (aka Big bear). Jean mahieux to draw a superb gun carriage of CAD13.2 and Bruno had engraved them. Jean in sent a exemplary, and I must admit that I'm on the ass... it is beautiful and once mounted it looks like this


as usual, a view with my 1cts coin . This time the all is painted

And one in place on the chimney (in 1941)

I do not know what you think, but "it really makes the job".
In parallel, I finished the details from the quay, by implementing the foundations of the hangar, and the part where is located the jetty
at the bottom of jetty ,of rocks are present.I have them simulated using cat litter glued with of wood glue

with the rear wharf section (where will be the jetty)

Finally, pictures with the Richelieu hull so that I could capture the potential problems of scale



for the time being the quay side , everything seems to be well balanced. will in the coming days tried to place the buoys of the anti torpedo net .it will balance the large water area on the front face
cheers
Nicolas
I was a bit stuck for some time by the anti-aircraft armament, but of charitable souls rife on this forum, they gave me a sacred blow of thumb, namely, Jean Mahieux , and Bruno Gire (aka Big bear). Jean mahieux to draw a superb gun carriage of CAD13.2 and Bruno had engraved them. Jean in sent a exemplary, and I must admit that I'm on the ass... it is beautiful and once mounted it looks like this


as usual, a view with my 1cts coin . This time the all is painted

And one in place on the chimney (in 1941)

I do not know what you think, but "it really makes the job".
In parallel, I finished the details from the quay, by implementing the foundations of the hangar, and the part where is located the jetty
at the bottom of jetty ,of rocks are present.I have them simulated using cat litter glued with of wood glue

with the rear wharf section (where will be the jetty)

Finally, pictures with the Richelieu hull so that I could capture the potential problems of scale



for the time being the quay side , everything seems to be well balanced. will in the coming days tried to place the buoys of the anti torpedo net .it will balance the large water area on the front face
cheers
Nicolas
- bgire
- Posts: 571
- Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:48 am
- Location: La Rochelle, France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Nicolas: did you ask your cat for permission before using her litter?
If not beware for retaliation...
What did she obtain in return? The right to play with your 13.5mm gun?
If not beware for retaliation...
What did she obtain in return? The right to play with your 13.5mm gun?
A day spent without laughing is a wasted day!
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hi Big Bear
I do not have cat!!!I bought this bag of litter specifically for these uses ago .......ten years
cheers
Nicolas
I do not have cat!!!I bought this bag of litter specifically for these uses ago .......ten years
cheers
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hi floks
I temporarily installed the buoys anti-torpedo nets. Indeed this is an actor important of the diorama ,and setting it up not to be neglected. The festivities begin

a period photo of the area greatly help me

I just the impression of making a bead necklace
Three pics of nets put in positions. For convenience, I have deliberately lightly enlarged the spaces between each buoy In order to avoid the placement of the 180 buoys that will be present on the dio



The space on the side will be occupied by a diesel jolly-boat or a speedboat from Richelieu, traversing this area.
Now it is the turn of the jetty which has to be made
cheers
Nicolas
I temporarily installed the buoys anti-torpedo nets. Indeed this is an actor important of the diorama ,and setting it up not to be neglected. The festivities begin

a period photo of the area greatly help me

I just the impression of making a bead necklace
Three pics of nets put in positions. For convenience, I have deliberately lightly enlarged the spaces between each buoy In order to avoid the placement of the 180 buoys that will be present on the dio



The space on the side will be occupied by a diesel jolly-boat or a speedboat from Richelieu, traversing this area.
Now it is the turn of the jetty which has to be made
cheers
Nicolas
- Stein Gildberg
- Posts: 230
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
- Location: Kongsberg, Norway
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Nic!
Will you please give me a "tip":
What do you use to make the buoys?
Stein
Will you please give me a "tip":
What do you use to make the buoys?
Stein
Ultima ratio regum
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
- Stein Gildberg
- Posts: 230
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
- Location: Kongsberg, Norway
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Stein
if someone finds me a plan of buoys used by the Kriegsmarine,I will make a master,Indeed, in one of my eight lives, I would to make kriegsmarine warships
cheers
nicolas
if someone finds me a plan of buoys used by the Kriegsmarine,I will make a master,Indeed, in one of my eight lives, I would to make kriegsmarine warships
cheers
nicolas
- MartinJQuinn
- Posts: 8601
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 pm
- Location: New Jersey
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Love it. The photo-etch AA gun is as real gem!
Martin
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne
Ship Model Gallery
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne
Ship Model Gallery
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
entirely agree with you Martin ,Jean and Bruno (AKA Big Bear) they did a great job
cheers
Nicolas
cheers
Nicolas
- dafi
- Posts: 1006
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
- Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
- Contact:
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Toooo nice Nicolas, faaaar too nice, even Mary is starting to get red because of embarresment ...
XXXDAn
XXXDAn
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60
See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60
See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
- mabmanu
- Posts: 347
- Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 am
- Location: loctudy finist�re France
- boomstick68
- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 4:38 pm
- Location: The Buckeye State
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Indeed. Looking great. You are a master of small details. 
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
oops....
thank you for your kind comments and I'm glad that my work please you
cheers
Nicolas
cheers
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
HI folks
This morning I worked on the jetty . To start , after determining the shape and size of arches of side quay ,It took me the cut in the
plastic card

Then, once glued to the rest of the jetty walls, like in reality, the bulkheads are installed between each arch

The jetty in close up

It remains to make a openwork parapet , but the lines are there. To be sure everything is ok , a small test "in situ"


For me everything is ok , remains the parapet and then I start to make the Hangar
cheers
Nicolas
This morning I worked on the jetty . To start , after determining the shape and size of arches of side quay ,It took me the cut in the
plastic card

Then, once glued to the rest of the jetty walls, like in reality, the bulkheads are installed between each arch

The jetty in close up

It remains to make a openwork parapet , but the lines are there. To be sure everything is ok , a small test "in situ"


For me everything is ok , remains the parapet and then I start to make the Hangar
cheers
Nicolas
- Channell
- Posts: 2068
- Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 12:18 pm
- Location: Salt Lake City, USA
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Wow... this is really gonna end up as something amazing, Nicholas!
Keep up the incredible work!
Keep up the incredible work!
-Jason Channell
Current Project: 1/200 Bismarck
Current Project: 1/200 Bismarck



