1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI gentlemen's
thank's you Jason :thumbs_up_1:
the parapet has been after two short hours to gluing tiny pieces of plastic profiles, as straight as possible, and especially at regular intervals. Anyway I got there
the result


Image


Image


Tomorrow I start the hangar
cheers
Nicolas
Nicolas
User avatar
Stein Gildberg
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
Location: Kongsberg, Norway

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Stein Gildberg »

Excellent result Nicolas! At least as straight as the original. :big_grin:

Stein
Ultima ratio regum
User avatar
bgire
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:48 am
Location: La Rochelle, France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by bgire »

Nicolas, did you notice :thinking: ?
There is a slight gap variation between the 63d and 64th legs of you "parapet" :lol_3: :Mad_6: :bash_2:

I'm kidding... you just did a better job than my computer and etching tank :big_grin: :thumbs_up_1:
_BigBear
A day spent without laughing is a wasted day!
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank's Stein and Big Bear
BB ,Nothing escapes you :smallsmile: but this all is enough straight ,but after this "operation",I have drunk a good Irish whiskey , " the warrior repose" :whistle:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI folks

No big Advanced visually speaking , but a key breakthrough! Indeed, I have put the ground on the quay .... For those who have already made dios at very small scales, they know the difficulty of representing natural elements such as ground for example . For my part I use my miracle with spackle, that I apply with a painter knives , and which I micro-texture using a hard bristle brush.
the material

Image

the plaster dries quickly,The trick is to apply per zone ,and allow you to work more easily
the result

Image

In the chip, a close up of the texture at 350 em, you can quickly fall into a texture such as "a plowed field" so it must be as light as possible


I will have to put it all in painting and with pigments,but for now, a last commissioning test up with the jetty and the "cardboard hangar "

Image

Indeed, the hangar is just beginning, the evidence :smallsmile:

Image

Cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Fran Romero
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:24 am
Location: La Rioja SPAIN
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Fran Romero »

Wear a hour with my glasses glued to the screen and enjoy.
Impressive ferfeccion your level, both in the construction of the model as in the port.
I love this kind of dioramas, survive the ship.

Congratulations.
Fran.
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI Fran Romero

thank's for your kind word.I'm glad you like it the diorama :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
mabmanu
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 am
Location: loctudy finist�re France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by mabmanu »

:thumbs_up_1: Comme toujours ...
a+
patrice
Image
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI folks

the work on the hangar ,have advanced at small steps .....(I was preparing to my trip for Telford ,I would be with my Richelieu 50-52)
to start the pieces that will form the walls of the Hangar

[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd337_zps5b630e08.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

the construction of the hangar in reality was simple, a metal frame and between metal frames, of the masonry. So I had to engraved the beams (it is not very explicit about the picture ) and openings correspond to the sliding door open or ajar.
the hangar under contruction

[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd338_zps75981948.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

I added of stiffeners and stuck a false roof , also for reasons of rigidity.
the walls equipped with sliding doors and maneuvering rails

[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd342_zpsd9d44f96.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd341_zps699ca5a1.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

architectural oddity , some sliding doors often on the inner ? ?
and finally a close-up view of one side

[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd339_zps9ac60f0f.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

remains at detailed all doors and I can begin the roof and the metal structure present Under the awning
I hope not too your bored with these "small steps"
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Apophysis
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Germany

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Apophysis »

Tr�s bon monsieur, tr�s bon!

Bored? Are you joking?? :sleepy: :big_grin:

Cheers!
Dirk
UNSERE KRIEGSMARINE!
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank's you Dirk :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Stein Gildberg
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
Location: Kongsberg, Norway

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Stein Gildberg »

Meget bra, Bosco! :smallsmile:

Looks are impressive! Pity there are so few 1:350 harbour buildings and stuff around, but I guess you could not care less!

Stein
Ultima ratio regum
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Stein Gildberg wrote:...Pity there are so few 1:350 harbour buildings and stuff around, but I guess you could not care less!

Stein
:wave_1:
totally agree with you Stein ,but in a way,it also allows us (modelers) to express ourselves,and avoid having in worldwide the same dioramas :-D
by the bye Stein What do you mean by "Meget bra" with my poor vocabulary ......... :huh:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Stefano Salesi
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Lerici

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Stefano Salesi »

Nicolas, as far as i can't really tell ANYTHING about modelling (you are truly a master) i can speak on the "architectural oddity" of the inner sliding doors. (being an architect)
The doors on the short front are positioned one inside and one outside as if they were both on the same side they can't be opened simultaneously, as one door would interfeere with the other.
Usually in industrial/storage building with the need of very big openings the sliding doors are alternated, if close to each other, for ease of use.


Cheers and keep the good work!! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
On the bench: evolution of Royal Italian Navy Ironclads-1/700

-Regia Nave Roma...no, not that one!
User avatar
JIM BAUMANN
Posts: 5705
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Nr Southampton England

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by JIM BAUMANN »

Nicholas--...

your work is very very sharp...

I like the proportions of the quay to ship...

emphasises the magnificence of the ship!

Trs Bien :thumbs_up_1:

Jim Baumann
....I buy them at three times the speed I build 'em.... will I live long enough to empty my stash...?
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank you to both of you for the kind words :thumbs_up_1:
Stephano for th "earchitectural oddity" you have reason it is credible :thumbs_up_1:
Jim
my first Richelieu, is the first "batiment de ligne" to have crossed the channel but Under the sea :-D
I'm on my way to Telford ,So, I tell you Saturday
cheers
Nicolas
anyahajobuzi
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 am
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, North pole

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by anyahajobuzi »

Always a joy to see your work progress!! can you speed it up though? I want to see the finished dio. :big_grin:
Very crisp, keep this up! Show us how it's done!
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

:wave_1: anyahajobuzi
thank you for your comment :thumbs_up_1: for the speed,heuuu! how to say! is my cruise speed :sorry:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

hello gentlemen's :wave_1:

During the two days at SMW Telford, I did some shopping ( of plastic profiles, sheets , tools ) and this week I have them worked :smallsmile: . To begin with I found for the hangar roof , of plates with an engraving representing perfectly the corrugated sheet metal at 350em

Image


The roof is asymmetrical and I cut a slot to represent the "ventilation system"

Image


Then I did not cut a hair into four , but a evergreen tube in two :smallsmile: ! And those to represent the ridge of the roof overlying the ventilation slot . it is equipped with spacers to give it of the height .

Image

Image

Then finally comes the painstaking task ..... I make with the ??evergreen profiled ,the beam in metal mesh which lies in front of roof. two length of 28 cm of profiled, form the top and bottom of the beam, and every 3 mm a spacer of 2mm high ( the end of the red Arrow)

Image

the result in picture


Image


Image



Image


And as usual, my 1cts coin to give you the magnitude of the Hangar


Image

see you soon for the beginning of the realization of wagons
cheers
Nicolas
Last edited by LE BOSCO on Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Goodwood
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Location: Detroit area

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Goodwood »

Very nice work so far, Nick.

A while back when contemplating getting the Trumpy Richelieu for myself, as it's quite a good-looking vessel, I happened upon the build thread for your '50/'52 vessel via a Google search. It took a day or two but I read every post, and it was simply astounding to watch it grow from a frank evaluation of the kit's shortcomings to watching you cast your own resin parts as well as cannibalizing photo etch from all corners of the globe! (I kid!)

Knowing your ability, I fully expect this diorama to be jaw-dropping gorgeous.

Sean
Sean Nash, ACG (aircraft camo gestapo)

On the ways:
1/200 Trumpeter HMS Nelson
1/700 Tamiya USS Yorktown CV-5

In the stash:
1/35 Italiari PT-109
1/35 Tamiya "Pibber" Patrol Boat
1/350 Trumpeter USS Yorktown CV-10
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”