Page 195 of 201
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:01 pm
by Bob J
Looks Great GT!!

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 am
by GTDEATH13
Thank you bob. I have recently gone into a 1/700 building addiction. Mainly modern warships. They are easy, fun and quick to build with a very rewarding result...
Next in line are HMS Daring, USS Spruance and USS Long Beach

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 am
by orb
Very nice, Nick!
1/700 modern warships? Very good. Welcome to the dark side. The force will be strong in you
H.
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:15 am
by Nektarios
GTDEATH13 wrote:This is my rendering of the modernised HMS Liverpool. It is not that accurate, since I used mostly parts from the Dragon premium edition kit, but I enjoyed it. I made it rather shabby looking and weathered, as if the ship was at sea for quite some time.
Comments are more than welcome...

A very good looking ship Niko. Very nice weathering. Welcome to the world of 1/700 I hope you ll remain here (you won t be allowed to leave it).

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:18 am
by Nektarios
GTDEATH13 wrote:Thank you bob. I have recently gone into a 1/700 building addiction. Mainly modern warships. They are easy, fun and quick to build with a very rewarding result...
Next in line are HMS Daring, USS Spruance and USS Long Beach

Niko you should definitely buy the Orange hobby kits. They are among the best i 've ever seen. I 'm looking forward to more pics of the ships you ll build next.

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:49 am
by Nektarios
Something quick and easy to build. Hellenic navy Type 214s (second, third and fourth of the class )
S-121 PIPINOS
S-122 MATROZOS
S-123 KATSONIS
As always comments, remarks and suggestions are welcome.
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 am
by orb
The Papanikolis class of submarines, very nice Nektarios!
I would like to build the U212 somewhere down the road.
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:01 am
by Nektarios
Heiko, i think that L' Arsenal will produce a U-212 in the near future.
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:52 pm
by gtbred
nice work Nektarios as always.

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:17 pm
by Nektarios
Some photos showing the progress. done on Saar V class. I am hoping to finish these ships this week.

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm
by Bob J
Nice work as always Nektarios! What kit is that? I just finished Dokdo. I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow!
Bob J
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:54 am
by Nektarios
Bob J wrote:Nice work as always Nektarios! What kit is that? I just finished Dokdo. I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow!
Bob J
Bob this is a garage kit that is very basic. I have added almost all the small parts from skywave and other weapon sets. I f you or anyone else wishes to get one i ll send you the email address to contact the person that makes them.
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 am
by Nektarios
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 pm
by Bob J
Now that I thought of it. I saw them listed on ebay along with two others (the classes excape me now). I like to scratch build. I bought the HMAS Melbourne from the guy in Aus. It was waaayyy rougher then my scratch work so I'll keep away from garage kits for now. Here is Dokdo. Orange makes great kits. Can't wait for the Ocean, and any new releases.
Bob J

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:49 pm
by Bob J
Have all you guys quit building???? Just kidding! Although this thread was number one for a long time! Here is freshly commisioned USCGC Bertoff. This is the TTH kit. It was better then some of their others. On the ways now is JMSDF Kongo and after is HMS Ocean. Lets see those builds!
Bob J

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 am
by Rob
kidcurrie42 wrote:Hey Bob,
Any work done on the Melbourne yet? i am looking forward to seeing her built up.
Happy Modeling
John
Bob / John,
In case it's of any help, have a look in Part 1 of Jim Baumann's Telford report nad you'll find photos of my built up versrion of the Melbourne kit.
Cheers,
Rob
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 pm
by Bob J
All I can say is Wow!! I saw those pics and wondered if it was that kit. You did wonders with that one. What P.E. did you use for the mast, crane, etc....??
Bob
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:20 am
by Rob
Hi Bob,
the PE is mostly from GMM RN carrier fret. The Ark Royal mast looked a reasonable match, as did the crane and hockey stick aerials. Radar was a combination of US and RN radar as per the photos of her at the 1977 Jubilee Review.
What I would say if you build here is open up all the holes in the sides of the hull, square them off and then replate the inside, get the upper edges of the hull flat, then put support in for the deck so it cannot sag.
Probably less necessary, but I put a false deck on top of this before fitting the kit's flight deck which gives it a bit of extra strength.
I had a lot of fun building this kit - hope you do too.
All the best,
Rob
Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:16 am
by Nektarios
Bob J wrote:Have all you guys quit building???? Just kidding! Although this thread was number one for a long time! Here is freshly commisioned USCGC Bertoff. This is the TTH kit. It was better then some of their others. On the ways now is JMSDF Kongo and after is HMS Ocean. Lets see those builds!
Bob J
Bob I am not building much these days. I am really working too hard and even having half an hour free to build models every day seems a luxury. When i m having time i am always too tired to make anything more than going to sleep. That s how it is when you are a medical doctor. I hope that in the future i ll have more time for my hobby.
Your USCGC Bertoff kit looks beautiful. I m waiting to see pics of your Kongo and HMS Ocean builds.

Re: Postwar navy.
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 pm
by NukeMM