Page 3 of 4
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:49 pm
by Guido
Getting there slowly, Gents!
Lots of tiny parts to make now! I wish I could play the fiddle ... would do much help with the fiddeling.
Still plenty of small stuff to be done!
Cheers,
Guido
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:50 pm
by Guido
...
@ Christian: Nar klar!
Guido
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:54 pm
by LE BOSCO
superbe Guido !bravissimo maestro !!!!!
le bosco
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:54 pm
by tweety777
Do i hear a captain screaming something like "MMMAAAAMMMMAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?
I really can imagen the captain would do so.
Looking really very good, and scary with that enormous wave.
Greetings Josse
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:58 pm
by Rui Matos
Brace yourselves Lads!!!
EXCELLENT Guido!
Tschuss,
Rui
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:20 am
by Dave Rowe
The water effect is fantastic Guido

Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 pm
by Guido
... one wonders that half a day goes into rigging up the outrigger.
The steel of the actual rigging is done in brass. I need it to actually carry the heavy outrigger otherwise connected to the hull only at the very front.
Cheers,
Guido
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:29 pm
by Christian Bruer
Hi Guido,
she looks great

Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:16 pm
by Rui Matos
Hallo Guido
I don't know what else to keep on saying...
Excellency at it's BEST!
Keep on - you're almost over the top of the wave
Cheers
Rui
PS: On a side note... we can make terrific models/dioramas without spending a lot of money! Skills and imagination makes more than half of a good project!
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm
by Bigdaddy Mark
What a fantastic job!
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 am
by J. Soca
That is one unbelievable work Guido !!
Jose
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:54 am
by Lucky
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:38 am
by Guido
Gentlemen-
Thank you for your continuing visits to this blog and your most gracious comments!
With a few more moves I have finished the Andrea Gail.
AS it turns out while watching the movie again, neither of the formerly shown screen shots were right: In the movie both outriggers were lashed aft before the ship went down! So much for photo-analysis!
For the next posting I will take care to get some dramatic effects into the show!
Cheers,
Guido
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm
by Skiper
Excellent work Guido. Even if you haven't see the movie (I wonder if there is someone who actually didn't), your small scene emits drama and imminent danger. Well done.
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:25 pm
by Guido
Gentlemen,
I forgot to mention that I finished the surface of the sea with a juicy coat of future to get some nice watery shine into the scene. It doesn�t really show that much in the photos and it is a matter of taste.
I�ve been asked why I didn�t put the ship higher up the wave.
It�s difficult to say. I pushed the ship quite a bit around until I found a position that would be both dramatic and balanced at the same time. I found that putting the ship higher up hat wave made it look awkward and quite credible. So it is a matter of feeling really.
I certainly hope you like the result and that I have inspired you to sit down and build a model. Maybe you�ll try something new this or next time around!
Please feel free to contact me anytime to answer your questions.
Cheers,
Guido
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:27 pm
by Cadman
I love it!

Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:37 pm
by NukeMM
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!
This must have been one of those "I just have to build it!" cravings. I'm sure that we all have those from time to time.
Although I've been enjoying the in-progress, final close ups, and the special lighting effects pics, I have been craving a zoomed out photo of the entire completed diorama, front and back.
Re: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:45 pm
by Guido
NukeMM wrote:... I have been craving a zoomed out photo of the entire completed diorama, front and back.
No problemo!
Cheers,
Guido

Re: FINISHED: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:06 pm
by NukeMM
Oh, my!!
Guido,
That just provoked a sudden and surprising emotion in me. Truly. I'm just a little teary-eyed.
Thank you for obliging me and thank you for building this wonderful project!

Re: FINISHED: Building Sword Fishing boat Andrea Gail in 1/350
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:08 pm
by Timmy C
Yay! Great to see it finished! Awesome shots =) The glossiness shows up really well in the closeups, less so in the long shots - possibly to do all the chaotic water colours.