Page 3 of 4

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 pm
by mima
Thank you all gents, it's a great pleasure for me to be a part of this community!

Only small progress during the last few days. Basic color applied:

Image
Image
Image

It looks like a ship now, but there is still a long way to go!

Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:06 pm
by kubaro
brilliant....

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:18 pm
by mima
Hello to all,

I wasn't able to post any pics during the last few weeks (or months). To much work and some family issues.
Well, she's still alive, but I think I've lost some of my motivation because of Tamiyas new kit....

Image

Image

Wooden deck custom made by Pontos model, thank you Kim!!

ALl the best, Michael

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:28 pm
by J. Soca
The aircraft handling deck looks gorgeus Michel :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: even with that new Yamato out there i think yours look outstanding, keep up the awesome work man :thumbs_up_1:



Jose :wave_1:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 pm
by Dan K
It's beautiful. Too far along to stop now.

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:12 am
by William J
:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Bill Keough :wave_1:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:48 am
by LE BOSCO
Go Mima " keep full motivation", do not give up to end this masterpiece :thumbs_up_1:
He will always be more beautiful ,that the tamiya model :woo_hoo:
best regards
Nicolas

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:58 am
by Bernd Villhauer
Michi, I`m absolute shure, the new one from Tamiya isn`t better. Don`t stop the build.......

Herzliche Gr��e aus Freisbach.......Bernd :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:18 pm
by mima
Hello my friends,

Thank you all for kind words. I think it makes sense to finish this build, I've spend to much time with this project.
Hope to be back with some new pictures soon!

All the best

Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:28 am
by Elbe1
Hi Michi,

in my opinion there�s no way Tamyia added details, which you haven�t shown in your Yamato till now - So please go on with your beautiful work!
I think there are enough kits left in your warehouse which are still waiting for to be built -of course after you have finished your Yamato :thumbs_up_1:

cheers...

bis bald, hau rein.... Daniel

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:02 pm
by mima
Hello to all,

Some new pictures.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I'm afraid of all the AA weapons, but I hope to finish this build by the end of the year. It's time to start a new project!!

Best, Michael

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:35 pm
by LE BOSCO
hello Mima
Satisfied to read you again :thumbs_up_1: Your model and your sea is really magnificent :woo_hoo:
I am has telford on Saturdays, You will be there?
Best regards
nicolas

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:46 pm
by Sebastien Lausdat
Hello Michael
This is the most beautiful Yamato, in all scales, that I have ever seen.
It is pure perfection :thumbs_up_1:
I look forward to discussing with you in Telford.
Bravo!!!!
Seb

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:40 am
by mima
Hello my friends,

A small update today, the 25mm turrets are painted and glued in place...

Image

Image

I've replaced all barrels, Masters 25mm brass guns are superb!
One week left guys, looking forward to meet you at Telford.

All the best, Michi

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 pm
by LE BOSCO
HI Michael
first ,happy new year!
your shipyard is in strike? :-D pending of news photos
friendships
nicolas

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 am
by mima
Bonjour Nicolas!!

Happy new year to you too, hope your fine!
I've spend a few weeks at home, and enjoyed the time together with my family. But now I'm back!

Well, the 25mm triple a guns are a nightmare, but I hope to finish them within the next few days.

Image

Image

Image

Some more news soon.... Best regards
Michael

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:30 pm
by mima
Some small progress....

Image

Image

Best, Michael

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:35 pm
by robertmelvin
Michael, I'm not captivated by the Yamato (or her sister) enough to shell out for the new tool kit, there are too many other IJN subjects that do fascinate me and that played a far more significant role in the Pacific War. But, after following your build I'd certainly be prepared to take on the old tool kit. Your build is very, very impressive. Beautiful detail work, clean PE, great paint work, looks like the whole package to me. I'm figuring that with the new tool kit coming out I might be able to pick up an "old tool" kit at a bargain basement price somewhere and watching what you have done with her I'd be very tempted! Believe me, I'd be proud to have that model on display in my office, where my better efforts go on display.

Congratulations, on some great work. Can't wait to see her finished.

Bob

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:08 am
by ComfortablyNumb
mima wrote:
Image
outstanding model Micheal, VERY nice!
(if you havent finished all of those pe guns yet, i think you have that part with the aiming reticles faced backwards. no biggie tho:) great job and your deck looks wonderful! what brand is that one?)

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 pm
by mw 1378
Hi Guys,

Michael is a very good friend and I have seen this treasure already in reality. The deck is a custom made PONTOS deck.Its made especially for THIS yamato build, it was necessary because of many corrections Michael made. They would not correspond with the cutouts on the standard deck.The ship is the old tool kit from Tamiya, dressed up with the Lion Roar superdetail set, the full program of Ishida,some parts of WEM, Barrels from Master( including all 25mm Barrels), equipment of Veteran and a lot of scratch build corrections. In my opinion its one of the best if not the best 1:350 Yamato built till now.
Best regards

Marc