Page 3 of 3

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm
by Angeliccypher
Latest set of updates. The lower hull is attached with most of the touch up work done on it. The bridge has been largely assembled. The main mast save rigging is done. I have done most of the work on the aft 20mm positions which are largely scratch built (except the 20mm guns themselves).

The case I am showing this in is one of Grandpa's. I have not secured the model to the mounts yet. not until I finish the build anyway.

As always, feedback (and suggestions) are encouraged!
IMG_0390.jpg
IMG_0391.jpg
IMG_0392.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0396.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 pm
by Angeliccypher
Latest set of updates on her. Both funnels are done complete with photo etch. I also finished the main search light. The kit part that sits under the "basket" was partially replaced with photo etch as well.
IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:49 pm
by taskforce48
Really fantastic build so far! Keep those updates coming :thumbs_up_1:

Matt

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 am
by Angeliccypher
With exception of rigging and flags she is done. I am waiting on the EZ Line I ordered to get here. Here are the latest pics. Once I get the rigging on, I will take some higher resolution photos to submit to the gallery.
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:33 am
by Angeliccypher
IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 pm
by Gordon Bjorklund
This has been an enjoyable build to follow along with. You have done a great job on your USS Endicott and I look forward to seeing your finished pictures in the gallery.

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:39 pm
by robertmelvin
Great job! I also like the way you have her displayed, case and all. And, I join Gordon in suggesting you submit her to the gallery. She would be a deserving addition there.

Bob

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:01 pm
by NukeMM
Congratulations on a nice build, Gabriel! The care that you taken with each and every piece was well worth every effort.

A completed build is always a mixed emotion, to me. Sad and glad at the same time. :thumbs_up_1:

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 pm
by Angeliccypher
Thank you to all three of you. You guys (and a few others) have been a great help to me which is really appreciated. Once the rigging is done I will be taking the "finished" photos and submitting them to the gallery.

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 am
by jeroen zuiderduin
Very nice, you still got it since you were fifteen. I see that your next one will be the CV-8. Good for you, I will be watching it.

Jeroen