Page 4 of 12
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:25 am
by Song Jung Gun
Thank you,Tom and Sean!
It's easy to make rear part of superstructure.
Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 am
by Song Jung Gun
Hi all!
It's deck for Tomahawk missile. and difficult to make supports of it's below.
Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:37 am
by Song Jung Gun
Hi, all modeller!
I've made several decks of New Jersey.
It's for tomahawk,hrpoon and CIWS.
Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:19 am
by Aop Aur
Very nice!! I would love to see you someday build a Lion class battleship model in 1/200 scale. Well the plans aren't abundant, but it is my favourite ship. Just my thought though!!
Keep up the nice works!
Aop,
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:20 am
by Song Jung Gun
Aop Aur wrote:Very nice!! I would love to see you someday build a Lion class battleship model in 1/200 scale. Well the plans aren't abundant, but it is my favourite ship. Just my thought though!!
Keep up the nice works!
Aop,
Hi, Aop! The Lion class battleship is your fabourite ship BUT i like 2nd WW era's.
You will make it easy.
Thank you! I've made helicopter control area and rear funnel.
Regards; Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:03 am
by Aop Aur
I like how you build parts fast!!
Actually, this is the Lion Class Battleship (1938) I mentioned. Very few people know, I think. It was the successor class of the KGV class, but never built. Two ships were laid down, though. More info here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-class_battleship
P.S I (still a beginner) am now scratch-building the Lion in 1/350 scale, so your threads give me a lot of tips!
Aop.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:06 pm
by Fliger747
Interesting to see the conversion differences between ships of this class!
Good progress!
Cheers. Tom
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:19 pm
by Song Jung Gun
Aop Aur wrote:I like how you build parts fast!!
Actually, this is the Lion Class Battleship (1938) I mentioned. Very few people know, I think. It was the successor class of the KGV class, but never built. Two ships were laid down, though. More info here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-class_battleship
Screenshot_2016-06-06-19-00-52-1.png
P.S I (still a beginner) am now scratch-building the Lion in 1/350 scale, so your threads give me a lot of tips!
Aop.
Hi Aop!
The fast is not always good. But I wanna make a lots of shipmodels.
Yes I've seen the Lion class in the book. " BATTLESHIPS"-Allied Battleships in World War II-
The Lion class is discripted in this book also that plan too.
Would you post your model?
Regards; Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:21 pm
by Song Jung Gun
Fliger747 wrote:Interesting to see the conversion differences between ships of this class!
Good progress!
Cheers. Tom
Thank you, Tom!
There are small differencees between this class.
Regards; Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:28 am
by Aop Aur
Oh I wouldn't dare to mess up such a mastery thread! But I would create a new thread. Anyway it is not finished. Some 5% completed.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:26 pm
by Fliger747
I have that book Allied battleships with a rather lengthy discussion of the "Lion's". Very interesting discussion of a never built ship. One always wonders what the myriad of war experience modifications would be.
The call all ship fans would be a great place to begin a thread and accumulate information!
Regards: Tom
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:45 am
by Aop Aur
Fliger747 wrote:I have that book Allied battleships with a rather lengthy discussion of the "Lion's". Very interesting discussion of a never built ship. One always wonders what the myriad of war experience modifications would be.
The call all ship fans would be a great place to begin a thread and accumulate information!
Regards: Tom
I also have the book as well. That was the first reference I have. Well there existed already the Calling all Lion class battleship fans thread on this board, but not many knows, i assume. I have already designed the main turrets using the drawings in the book for 3D printing on Shapeways and bought them for myself. It is pretty nicely designed, I think!
Anyway I wouldn't go too much off topic as it is Song's thread
Aop.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:54 am
by Song Jung Gun
hi, all modeller!
Some advanced. The signal flag boxes, stairs,and arm chairs and railing.
Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:52 pm
by Fliger747
For anyone who has attempted scratch building inclined ladders in this scale, here is quite an accomplishment! Also the bridge chairs, I made a pair for my Missouri, those were actually somewhat fun!
Very nice!
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:37 am
by Song Jung Gun
Thank you, Tom!
i'm doing the rail of bridge.The navigating bridge curved shield...... It's difficult to make in wood.
and posts and stairs.
Regards; Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:40 pm
by Goodwood
This whole project continues to illustrate just phenomenal woodworking skills, Song!

Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:25 am
by Fliger747
Yes the curved lip on the navigating bridge bulwarks is rather interesting to produce. My Missouri used Styrene which can be rolled, a high quality paper such as Strathmore is even easier as it tends to stay rolled. Wood, yes even more exciting.
Always interesting to see the design differences between your New Jersey in modern configuration and The Missouri I built. I had an advantage in construction in being able to visit the ship and take many photos. You have done a fine job mastering inclined ladders and rail for this scale in wood, quite tiny pieces!
Cheers: Tom
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:11 am
by Song Jung Gun
Thank you! Tom and Sean!
There are some more progress. CIWS deck, 8th Fl level,...
Regards; Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:33 am
by Song Jung Gun
Forward Air Diffence Station...
Song.
Re: 1/200 NEW JERSEY
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:07 am
by Fliger747
Song:
I notice that your plans have an error for the New Jersey on the 08 level. The front of the pilot house should be squared off and not round like the one on Missouri. The Trumpy 1;200 kit also carries this error forth.
Cheers: Tom