Page 4 of 4

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:03 am
by marijn van gils
Congratulations! Great job! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
I really like the overall feel and colours a lot!

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:11 am
by Dan K
That's a fantastic build.

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:07 pm
by pascalemod
Dan K wrote:That's a fantastic build.
Thank you, appreciate you following it. Good quality pics I hope will be coming soon, just need to sponsor my HeliconFocus license...
marijn van gils wrote:Congratulations! Great job! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
I really like the overall feel and colours a lot!
I hope you will like it even more when I do proper not iphone pics, to do it justice. Much thanks for these words, that means a lot!

kurusu wrote:Truly impressive. :thumbs_up_1:

Bravo!
Much appreciated! :)

...

Ande below are the few test shots using a normal camera and focus stacking. I know it needs a proper base..

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:07 am
by pascalemod
Had to put them together - such a big difference between concepts and technology in just 20 years... The bulges on Hood v flat sides on PoW shows such an interesting way torpedos affected hull shapes, plus the whole battlecruiser v battleship thing...

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:42 am
by marijn van gils
Great photo's!

I think she can stand some close-ups too? ;)

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:54 am
by pascalemod
marijn van gils wrote:Great photo's!

I think she can stand some close-ups too? ;)
Taking those for the "completed" section on the weekend I hope. ;) I am not good figuring out the angles, but I think Ill do a pic set as if you do a flyby of the ship.

I have put together a dry dock base for another project (Bismark) a while ago, to tie it all together - and here is a test shot:

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:28 am
by Richard Durham
Great build and really liked your use of Tamiya XF66 for 507 A/B. I have used Model Master Acrylic FS 35237 for 507 A/B but the XF66 seems to be a much better color. I think that Sovereign Hobbies has done some great work in sorting out the 507 A/B confusion. Thanks! Rich Durham

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:50 am
by pascalemod
Richard Durham wrote:Great build and really liked your use of Tamiya XF66 for 507 A/B. I have used Model Master Acrylic FS 35237 for 507 A/B but the XF66 seems to be a much better color. I think that Sovereign Hobbies has done some great work in sorting out the 507 A/B confusion. Thanks! Rich Durham
I went with XF66 on my Hood in the past, and there, on a darker base, it also turned out a bit darker, amplified by weathering. So now, next to my Hood, PoW looks a little lighter. Which is pretty interesting. But all in all I think Im fine with the result, and the initial credit goes to Hood Association website who said its ok to use XF66 but like, its not perfect but OK. I like XF66, interestingly enough Flyhawk tells you to use it for Bismarcks main hull color, which always made me a little confused (and I dont agree). :)

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:58 am
by Pieter
There are reasonably priced kits -with full hull options- available for Renown and Repulse. Hint, hint..
pascalemod wrote: The bulges on Hood v flat sides on PoW shows such an interesting way torpedos affected hull shapes, plus the whole battlecruiser v battleship thing...

Re: 1/700 HMS Prince of Wales - April 1941 (COMPLETE)

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 am
by pascalemod
Pieter wrote:There are reasonably priced kits -with full hull options- available for Renown and Repulse. Hint, hint..
pascalemod wrote: The bulges on Hood v flat sides on PoW shows such an interesting way torpedos affected hull shapes, plus the whole battlecruiser v battleship thing...
Ahaha. Very good hint. Battlecruiser fleet collection is the easiest to complete, from capital ships. I really would like to have a very late war Renown and early war or pre war Repulse. :)