Page 1 of 1

1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:56 pm
by Kamil
Hello everybody, :wave_1:
I am a Scratchbuilder from Poland. I want to presend you mine first on-line buildet model, the ORP ( Re[ublic of Poland ship) B?yskawica. This ship was build in the 30s.

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:14 am
by Dave Wooley
Kamil wrote:Hello everybody, :wave_1:
I am a Scratchbuilder from Poland. I want to presend you mine first on-line buildet model, the ORP ( Re[ublic of Poland ship) B?yskawica. This ship was build in the 30s.
Welcome Kamil Looking forward to your posts on your model of the Blyskawica .
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:18 am
by Unicorn
Looking forward to your build. Are you building her as built, or as she is today, after being refitted by the Royal Navy?

Unicorn

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 pm
by Kamil
I will build tis ship acaording Plany Modelarskie (printed in 1973)

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:06 pm
by Kamil
Here is a picture of rib shapes in 1/100 scale. Unfortunetly they have to be bigger and they should show the stern and bow side separately not both on the same drawning. On the second pics You cae see those rib shapes after few changes

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 pm
by Kamil
Changed stern bow rib shapes

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 am
by JIM BAUMANN
:welcome: to modelwarships.com

We look forward to following your build!


Jim Baumann :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 am
by donalyah00
Kamil wrote:I will build tis ship acaording Plany Modelarskie (printed in 1973)
On the cover of this booklet is ORP Garland - G class RN destroyer leaned to Polish Navy after loss of ORP Grom.

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
by Kamil
donalyah00 wrote:
Kamil wrote:I will build tis ship acaording Plany Modelarskie (printed in 1973)
On the cover of this booklet is ORP Garland - G class RN destroyer leaned to Polish Navy after loss of ORP Grom.
Yes, I know that on the cover of those Model Plans is the Garland :cool_2: . This number had two ships: Orp B?yskawica ( info and complete model plans) and the Garland ( just info and the picture on the cover...). Thanks Maek for your interest

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:32 pm
by Kamil
Namely the next step, after cuting all rib shapes out of paper, is to glue them to plywood (I used 5 mm thickness). After that i had to cut them. Unfortunatle the blade of mine fret - saw broke down :mad_1: that is why not all frames on the pictures are ready

Re: 1/72 scale ORP B?yskawica destroyer

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:37 pm
by Kamil
Notice that rib number 6 isnt ready yet and some fremes have to be grind :cry_3: