Another Tamiya Yamato.... New tool, second try!

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Jo sali Jim, wie goht's dir denn so?? :wave_1:

Well, I hope to finish her by the end of September. She will be part of our IPMS show, and the "Rising Sun"
project. And I will be in Telford this year too.... But with Yamato?? Where to store this monster in a standard
Swiss airplane?? I have no idea..... :Mad_6:

Frank, thank you very much for your kind words! Hope to meet you somewhere else in the near future!

Bye

Michael
User avatar
Bernd Villhauer
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Freisbach in Germany

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Bernd Villhauer »

The best Yamato I ever saw......by now. And Michi is a master of coloring .........

Great and awesome Job Michi .. :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Greatings from Freisbach...Bernd and Michaela
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hallo mein Freund!

Thank you very much, and lots of greetings from Basel!

Best, Michi & Family
User avatar
mabmanu
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 am
Location: loctudy finist�re France

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mabmanu »

Hello .

Very nice . :thumbs_up_1:
a+
patrice
Image
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello Gents,

Only slow progress at the moment. Some more painting and detailing:

Image

Hope to finish all of these ladys until next year :eyes_spinning: :

The USS Alska was/is a kit out of hell.... what a beast!!! I've replaced most of the original kit parts by scratch build
ones.

Image

Image

More to come!

Cheers, Michael
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello,

Some new parts from Ishida.... I will take more pictures soon!

Image

See you soon!

Michi
User avatar
taskforce48
Posts: 1618
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: The beautiful PNW

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by taskforce48 »

Michael,


Wonderful work so far! Although I have not succumbed to Yamato Fever, this build is inspiring me to want to eventually build her. Question on the Alaska, what kit is it? Iron Shipwright or Classic Warships/Yankee Modelworks?

Matt
PS> If you wanted to post a couple of more shots of the Alaska, wouldn't break my heart :big_grin:
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hi Matt,

It's the Yankee Modelworks Alaska.... Some pictures of the build can be found in our Swiss IPMS message board:

http://www.ipms.ch/plugins/forum/forum_ ... ic.php?839

Truly an interesting ship.... But not the easiest build!

Best, Michi
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello ship modelers,

I'm back with a few more pictures.
The new parts from Ishida are great, I've replaced all of the inaccurate Tamiya gun tubs. Not the easiest task,
but here they are:

Image

Image

Main range finder:

Image

Best, Michi
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Last but not least.... The new IJN binoculars set!

Image

That's all so far,

Michi
User avatar
JIM BAUMANN
Posts: 5705
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Nr Southampton England

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by JIM BAUMANN »

OK--those binoculars are spectacular!!

:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

JB
....I buy them at three times the speed I build 'em.... will I live long enough to empty my stash...?
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

I agree Jim....

And they are avaiable in 1/700!

Gruss aus Basel

Michi
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello gents,

The aircrafts are in position, hope to finish my "Yamogami" build soon.... :whistle: :rolf_3:

Image

See you.....

Michi
User avatar
Doug Hallet
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Doug Hallet »

Michael, great work on your kit so far and thanks for the previews on FB. Sorry I haven't by MWS much in recent days to check on your progress or other Yamato builds. I see Mr. Ishida has come out with another set, the binoculars, that I haven't seen before. They are certainly outstanding. I have also seen evidence of a set of 25 MM AA turrets he's produced in the past with the correct "late model" sharp sides, so I suppose he will re-release those at some future point as well. Looking forward to more progress on your build, will include a link on my blog to you. Cheers, Doug
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your kind words about my build. I believe that your own build will become the new standard for all
Yamatoholics! Your work on the hangar area is outstanding, and inspiring too!
Keep up the good work, I'm sure she will become the best 350 scale Yamato ever!

Greetings from Switzerland

Michi
User avatar
J. Soca
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: About 50 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico ( traveling W is you do so :)

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by J. Soca »

Most impressive and very clean work!! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:



Jose :wave_1:
Smovie (Ger)

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Smovie (Ger) »

Hi,
Nice work as far :thumbs_up_1:
But my question: Where you can buy the outstanding resin parts form ishida-san? I couldn't find them in the internet.
Please help me :nod_2:

Ps: Ich bevorzuge es aus der EU zu kaufen, bzw aus Deutschland :wave_1:
Smovie
User avatar
janschu
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:36 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by janschu »

Hello Smovie,

the parts (resin and photoetch) will be available at Burkhardt�s shop soon. :woo_hoo:
https://shop.modellmarine.de/
He has ordered the the first bunch of that wonderful stuff and he told me, the
items are already underway. :thumbs_up_1:

Michi, i hope to meet both you and your outstanding Yamato in person at Laupheim! :eyebrows:

Greetings from the North Sea Coast,
Jan Schulz, IG-Waterline :wave_1:
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello gents,

First of all a big thank you for your comments.
Let me say that a few of he parts from Ishida-san, like the gun tubs are not yet available... I've received them
as a gift.
He's currently redesigning the Yamato set, which should be ready by the end of August. So stay tuned!

Jan, I will do my best to be part of your show... :wave_1:

Best, Michi
Sebastien Lausdat
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:19 am

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Sebastien Lausdat »

Hello Michael
For me, Your "chef d'oeuvre" is your model of reference of the Yamato class.
A pure gem of jewelry. :thumbs_up_1:
Seb
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”