Another Tamiya Yamato.... New tool, second try!

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Thank you all gents, it's a great pleasure for me to be a part of this community!

Only small progress during the last few days. Basic color applied:

Image
Image
Image

It looks like a ship now, but there is still a long way to go!

Michi
User avatar
kubaro
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by kubaro »

brilliant....
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello to all,

I wasn't able to post any pics during the last few weeks (or months). To much work and some family issues.
Well, she's still alive, but I think I've lost some of my motivation because of Tamiyas new kit....

Image

Image

Wooden deck custom made by Pontos model, thank you Kim!!

ALl the best, Michael
User avatar
J. Soca
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: About 50 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico ( traveling W is you do so :)

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by J. Soca »

The aircraft handling deck looks gorgeus Michel :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: even with that new Yamato out there i think yours look outstanding, keep up the awesome work man :thumbs_up_1:



Jose :wave_1:
Dan K
Posts: 9093
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:56 am
Location: New York City

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Dan K »

It's beautiful. Too far along to stop now.
User avatar
William J
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:46 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by William J »

:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Bill Keough :wave_1:
Keep The Faith Gentlemen and Watch the Offside
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by LE BOSCO »

Go Mima " keep full motivation", do not give up to end this masterpiece :thumbs_up_1:
He will always be more beautiful ,that the tamiya model :woo_hoo:
best regards
Nicolas
User avatar
Bernd Villhauer
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Freisbach in Germany

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Bernd Villhauer »

Michi, I`m absolute shure, the new one from Tamiya isn`t better. Don`t stop the build.......

Herzliche Gr��e aus Freisbach.......Bernd :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello my friends,

Thank you all for kind words. I think it makes sense to finish this build, I've spend to much time with this project.
Hope to be back with some new pictures soon!

All the best

Michi
Elbe1
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 am
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate / Germany
Contact:

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Elbe1 »

Hi Michi,

in my opinion there�s no way Tamyia added details, which you haven�t shown in your Yamato till now - So please go on with your beautiful work!
I think there are enough kits left in your warehouse which are still waiting for to be built -of course after you have finished your Yamato :thumbs_up_1:

cheers...

bis bald, hau rein.... Daniel
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello to all,

Some new pictures.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I'm afraid of all the AA weapons, but I hope to finish this build by the end of the year. It's time to start a new project!!

Best, Michael
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by LE BOSCO »

hello Mima
Satisfied to read you again :thumbs_up_1: Your model and your sea is really magnificent :woo_hoo:
I am has telford on Saturdays, You will be there?
Best regards
nicolas
Sebastien Lausdat
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:19 am

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by Sebastien Lausdat »

Hello Michael
This is the most beautiful Yamato, in all scales, that I have ever seen.
It is pure perfection :thumbs_up_1:
I look forward to discussing with you in Telford.
Bravo!!!!
Seb
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Hello my friends,

A small update today, the 25mm turrets are painted and glued in place...

Image

Image

I've replaced all barrels, Masters 25mm brass guns are superb!
One week left guys, looking forward to meet you at Telford.

All the best, Michi
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI Michael
first ,happy new year!
your shipyard is in strike? :-D pending of news photos
friendships
nicolas
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Bonjour Nicolas!!

Happy new year to you too, hope your fine!
I've spend a few weeks at home, and enjoyed the time together with my family. But now I'm back!

Well, the 25mm triple a guns are a nightmare, but I hope to finish them within the next few days.

Image

Image

Image

Some more news soon.... Best regards
Michael
User avatar
mima
L'Arsenal
L'Arsenal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mima »

Some small progress....

Image

Image

Best, Michael
User avatar
robertmelvin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:39 am
Location: Harlan, Kentucky, U.S.A.

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by robertmelvin »

Michael, I'm not captivated by the Yamato (or her sister) enough to shell out for the new tool kit, there are too many other IJN subjects that do fascinate me and that played a far more significant role in the Pacific War. But, after following your build I'd certainly be prepared to take on the old tool kit. Your build is very, very impressive. Beautiful detail work, clean PE, great paint work, looks like the whole package to me. I'm figuring that with the new tool kit coming out I might be able to pick up an "old tool" kit at a bargain basement price somewhere and watching what you have done with her I'd be very tempted! Believe me, I'd be proud to have that model on display in my office, where my better efforts go on display.

Congratulations, on some great work. Can't wait to see her finished.

Bob
Give me a fast ship, for I would like to get out of harm's way!
User avatar
ComfortablyNumb
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 am
Location: Fredericton NB, Canada

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

mima wrote:
Image
outstanding model Micheal, VERY nice!
(if you havent finished all of those pe guns yet, i think you have that part with the aiming reticles faced backwards. no biggie tho:) great job and your deck looks wonderful! what brand is that one?)
User avatar
mw 1378
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:46 am
Location: Germany;Bavaria; Waldkraiburg

Re: Another Tamiya Yamato.... 1/350 scale

Post by mw 1378 »

Hi Guys,

Michael is a very good friend and I have seen this treasure already in reality. The deck is a custom made PONTOS deck.Its made especially for THIS yamato build, it was necessary because of many corrections Michael made. They would not correspond with the cutouts on the standard deck.The ship is the old tool kit from Tamiya, dressed up with the Lion Roar superdetail set, the full program of Ishida,some parts of WEM, Barrels from Master( including all 25mm Barrels), equipment of Veteran and a lot of scratch build corrections. In my opinion its one of the best if not the best 1:350 Yamato built till now.
Best regards

Marc
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”