1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

hello all

not much time this week to " tinker " so this morning I tried to make the master a 13.2 ....... it's just that I did not realize the size of the " beast " at 350 ..... 5mm long ! I reached at the end of my abilities with my hands :big_grin:

Image

and it's overscale :censored_2: I'll find the solution in peeping in a friend's achievements who at draw of 13.2 for make a PE plank !! Homo sapiens zero point, machine one point :-D not quite, for the double and single mounts, ok! only the conical base will be in volume, but for the quad mount , much of the mounts will be in volume! the proof ,the master

Image

due the smallness of the thing ,obliged to stick a handling rod , impossible to hold it between the fingers!!!!
to compare the size

Image

for the moment,I'll leave at this stage the arming 13.2 , and I will attack the 37mm double
a +
Nicolas
User avatar
dafi
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by dafi »

LE BOSCO wrote:... I reached at the end of my abilities with my hands :big_grin:
...okokokokok...

You may take off the skiing gloves now and use your fingers ...

;-)

Astonishing as always, Daniel
Last edited by dafi on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60

See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

dafi wrote:......You may take off the skiing gloves now and use your fingers ..

very funny my friend :-D it is not nice to make fun of me :wink:
thank's for your comment :thumbs_up_1:
Nicolas
User avatar
wefalck
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:04 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by wefalck »

Your ability to 'carve' plastic sheet is quite amazing ...

wefalck
Eberhard

Former chairman Arbeitskreis historischer Schiffbau e.V. (German Association for Shipbuilding History)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Image Image Image
User avatar
bgire
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:48 am
Location: La Rochelle, France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by bgire »

wefalck wrote:Your ability to 'carve' plastic sheet is quite amazing ...
... indeed...given the fact he's still wearing his skiing gloves :lol_3:
_Bruno
(a.k.a. the slave who's preparing custom PE for him)
A day spent without laughing is a wasted day!
User avatar
Apophysis
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Germany

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Apophysis »

Hello Nicholas,

do you have a German or a french one cent coin used as a size comparison because the German is much smaller since the crisis! :big_grin:

As usual, a great job! :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers!
Dirk
UNSERE KRIEGSMARINE!
User avatar
boomstick68
Posts: 1091
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: The Buckeye State

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by boomstick68 »

Nicolas your work is, how do you say, "BAD IN ASS!!!" :rolf_3:
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hi gentlemen

thank's for your kind words :thumbs_up_1: I appreciate always your participation !
My Bruno , what are you doing here??? you better get back to drawing of my PE plank :wink: it is true that Bruno helps me tremendously and his help is invaluable , it is a good friend with a big-hearted :worship_1:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
j.mahieux
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:04 am

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by j.mahieux »

:wave_1: :thumbs_up_1: :heh:
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Ho! Jean ! :woo_hoo:

I am glad to "read" you here :thumbs_up_1: this friend is the one who has designed 13.2 in PE :worship_1:
"merci encore pour le coup de main"
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI folks

This week has been more than loaded, so the shipyard was idled! for the moment I expect the photoetched(belt degaussing and vents) that the friend Big Bear(Bruno) draw'n me. I attacked the harbor water. A view of the whole

[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd304_zps335cf900.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

For now the water is black (undercoat) but I mostly worked the texture of the water. I try to get the look of calm water and lightly "dappled" a closeup of the appearance of the texture


[url="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/media/rd305_zpsc7c44a42.jpg.html"]Image[/url]


So, I ask you give me your opinions (good and bad) ,I need it to move forward :-D
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
PetrolGator
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by PetrolGator »

LOVE the water Nicolas.
- Chris

1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank's chris for your feedback :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
nicolas
sirmaumau
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: hangzhou china
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by sirmaumau »

any details about watermarking please?BOSCO? :thumbs_up_1:
User avatar
NWarty
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:20 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by NWarty »

Nicolas,
That water is fantastic!!! :thumbs_up_1:

Beautiful stuff
~Blake
Completed:
1:350 Trumpeter CVN-68 Nimitz, "Eagle Claw"

Planned: Nimitz fixes and sprucing up
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank you gent for your answer :thumbs_up_1: Sirmaumau ,What do you want exactly?how to do this water ?
Cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hi gentlemen's

the work on the port continued this week .in first ,the small part in the corner of the diorama supposed to represent the portion of living water (with waves)

Image

after to have protect with masking tape,of the plaster is applied on the corner .

then of the paper handkerchief is glued to a wooden glue,for give the texture basis of sea

Image

in A the location of the future jetty and in B a full earth

the quay has been produced with two plates 3mm ??plastic card

Image

Image

the wall quay all around was carved to represent rubble stones of which it was made (a mad work :crazy:)

Image

I still have to represent the earth which was on the quay floor,at the time not asphalt on the quay
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Stein Gildberg
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
Location: Kongsberg, Norway

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Stein Gildberg »

This is interesting to follow Bosco!
I am working on a somewhat smaller, but in some respect similar scenario with two German destroyers in Narvik harbor on April 9th 1940. I am not very much experienced in making buildings, quays etc, so I will suck in all tips I can get! :smallsmile:

Stein
Ultima ratio regum
User avatar
dafi
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by dafi »

Wonderful work, I love the rubble stones on the side :-)

But my personal favorite are the small steps on the right hand side :-)

And get yourself a fly for that you can progress a tad faster ...

XXXDAn
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60

See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Dan ,on your advice,I drop the fly and I worked with "the mignons " to carved the rubble stones :-D
Stein I like your expression " I will suck in all tips " :-D
thank's for your feddeback :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”