1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Sbouba wrote:It is much better to follow your built than to watch "Plus belle la vie" on the French TV! Keep it up!
:cool_2:
:-D :-D :-D HI Jean :thumbs_up_1: but,it is just as long :wink:
soon ,new progress
cheers
Nicolas
anyahajobuzi
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 am
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, North pole

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by anyahajobuzi »

Hi Nicholas!!

I have been taking a long break from the forum and building (busy with other stuff in life) but Now that I am back, I was happy to see that you have been progressing very nicely!!! I can't even say too much new as a compliment: your craftsmanship is always superb, love looking at your pictures! I really enjoy the little details like the train, the little boat in the corner, and the broken barrel.

:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: Do you have a projected deadline for finishing? This year maybe?

Cheers: Laci
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI Laci

I am very glad to read you :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: not projected deadline for my Richelieu , but, yes it will be completed this year :-D right now, I spend bad moments in my job,and in addition a heat wave is rife on France ......all this slowed my progress, and more ,as I can not mold ,I have sent my masters at a friend....but ... the famous french post has found nothing better to losing one of my parcels with masters Inside ....... :doh_1:
the last work have been a paint work . the first grey coat

Image

Image

Image

Image

the same parts with the weathering

Image

Image

Image

and Platforms for the 100 mm with the dark grey weathered

Image

I work on the railings (fold,cut,paint) and on the many other parts
cheers
Nicolas
anyahajobuzi
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 am
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, North pole

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by anyahajobuzi »

Sorry the hear about you bad luck, Nicholas!!! I hope it turns around for you soon!!!

Laci
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank you Laci :thumbs_up_1: there are more serious on the earth ,I start to make face :wink: just a matter of "setting"
cheers :wave_1:
Nicolas
Dino Carancini
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:46 am

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Dino Carancini »

...my friend we are getting short in superlatives :big_grin: your motivation is inspiring!
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Thank's Dino

My motivation come back ,when I read such messages :thumbs_up_1: no need to put superlatives , your participation and all those who take the time to put a little message from time to time are a real "motor" for progress on this long long long project
thank you again my friend :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
I am redoing the masters for the booms lost by the French post :doh_1:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
zs180
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:55 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by zs180 »

The paint job is as flawless as any other aspect of this magnificent build.
Congrats and keep up the excellent work!
Sbouba
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Sbouba »

Keep it up buddy! Uncle Jack is watching you! :cool_1: :cool_1:
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank a lot you both :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: soon are new pictures :wink:
best regards from France
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
blacman
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Poland, Wroclaw

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by blacman »

Motto bellisimo..... :thumbs_up_1:
As my Friends at work say....

Keep going!
Greg
...in my shipyard...
Image
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI gentlemen
thank a lot Greg :thumbs_up_1:
I worked a little bit this week-end !! ok to redo the masters lost by the french post , one step forward two step back .......... but the objective was reached ,

Image

but that's four hour lost :shock:
the "donkey ears" (aerators) have been molded

Image

it remains to painted and install
in preview, the first slug equipped with radar antenna... they are not edible! we the French ,we prefer the snails :wink:

Image

more seriously,these are the antennas of the DEM (the French RADAR) this antennas have been designed by Jean mahieux ,very easy to be implemented for a very good result :thumbs_up_1:
speaking of things designed by Jean, I have to install this

Image

all railings that are on the superstructure of the Richelieu ... while knowing that there will be a hole every at candlestick .... from work in perspective: D

see you soon and thank's again for your participate
best regards from France
Nicolas
Last edited by LE BOSCO on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dafi
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by dafi »

Just one word:

Luvit!

;-)

Daniel
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60

See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

ich danke Ihnen sehr viel Daniel :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas
marijn van gils
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 am
Location: Belgium

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by marijn van gils »

Looking great as usual!

Cheers,

Marijn
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hello gentlemen :wave_1:

thank a lot Marijn :thumbs_up_1: I started my little PE work ,and in first I dealt of the mobile cradles.they were drawn by Jean Mahieux ,indeed , those present on the PE plank from l'arsenal ,are not in enough number,the flat version

Image

the same folded

Image

I begin the railings installation .the richelieu possessed three types of railings

Image

it's Jean that have drawn them to my request with the reinforcing arms to be folded,but they are too hard to implement !!so I remove the arm (red Arrow)
my Tools for to put my railings . a drill bit holder with a railing portion , and a 027 drill.
I drill a first hole,introduced into the hole the first pole and locate the next hole to do

Image

the first railings posed (no paint and glue )

Image

the time of installation,I the spades temporarily on a foam bit ,in the sense of the progress of work
a lot of work to awaits me
best regards from France

Nicolas
RichardP
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:13 am
Location: Lexington, MA

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by RichardP »

Probably too late now but here's a suggestion for next time perhaps. Why not include a drilling template on the PE sheet with the railing? I imagine it would be quite simple to etch a row of .3mm holes at the same pitch as the stanchions and etch that row as a strip of suitable size that it can be placed wherever the rails are go. You could probably get quite cunning in the design of this to provide positional and holding features to make it easier.


Delight to watch this build, as ever. :thumbs_up_1:
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

RichardP wrote:...Probably too late.... Why not include a template on the PE sheet with the railing? ...
HI Richard

there is a drilling template planned for the large parts ,but with the small parts ,its use is not easy :wink: thank you to have put your opinion :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hello gentlemen

I just finished at 87% one of the most time-consuming steps ......the preparing for the railings on the deck Castle. I tried to to make of great lengths ,there has been "hot moments" like the entire front part (in 3 lengths by board)

Image

which will make easier the installation of the other rails that have been prepared.
we can see the little holes for the candles

Image

the railings for this part are placed on an extruded polystyrene block in view of their painting (the others go the join )
this step gonna unblock the installation of superstructures of the castle and the funnel

Image

you can see my new cubic cm drawn by my friend Jean Mahieux :thumbs_up_1:
see you soon for the nest step
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
setori
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:31 am
Location: france

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by setori »

Et alors ? On fout plus rien ?
Ca me manque !
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”