Page 2 of 2

Re: My in-process Grosser Kurfurst photos

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:50 am
by William J
:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Bill Keough :wave_1:

Re: My in-process Grosser Kurfurst photos

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:00 am
by Yevgeniy
Thank you, Bill :wave_1:

Yevgeniy

Re: My in-process Grosser Kurfurst photos

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 pm
by Ray S
Looking good, great to see the progress. Inspires me for the Markgraf when I have finished Dreadnought..
Keep up the good work, Ray

Re: My in-process Grosser Kurfurst photos

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 pm
by Yevgeniy
Thank you Ray, I am now making my own anchor chain from wire inspired by Vladimir Yakubov example with connecting PE chain sections but I am better with own chain. I thought it would be boring but it is addictive and sort of obsessive - I think every day of adding some dosen of sections :heh:

I am sure you know about SMS paint schemes and you will not do the mistake with same color for hull and superstructures for your Markgraf as did I. Just in case for your convenience it is here: download/file.php?id=12900&mode=view. I found it in some place on the web but do not remember where - still thankful to person who downloaded that. Not 100% sure it is correct in RAL colors (we need to ask member Ingura on this) but seems so. If I were doing Konig sistership again I would use it.

Success with your Dreadnought. :wave_1:

Yevgeniy

Re: My in-process Grosser Kurfurst photos

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:01 pm
by Yevgeniy
Many would laugh as I build this model longer than the real ship was built and I do not have an excuse :heh: :heh: except being caught by scratchbuilding and developing my non-existing skills in that area.

Anyway today I cleaned my workshop after dirty work with filling my scratchbuilt hull of another project with styrophore and made some photos. I could not miss making photos of my Grosser Kurfurst at the stage before adding PE, boats, rigging, small details etc. what make a model look as real thing which so frightened me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Do not mind the colors - they are wrong I know - it is mistake I would not correct (and actually can not without major modifications) - I painted it long before knowing anything about color standards in various fleets (I can not imagine myself being so ignorant but I was like that :heh: before finding what a modeling actually is) . I owe for many valuable advice and support on this forum especially Mr. Baumann, Mr. Peter Lienau, Mr. Griffith and many others whom I do not mention now or this list will exceed all my posts :heh: :heh: (for Tips and Ticks, etc.) so I have to finish this ship someday (and actually finish some model :heh: :heh: ). I made a promise to myself not to start anything before finishing 4 projects I am in now incl. Grosser so hope next year. Until then she stays protected from dust under a box I made for her from cardboard.
Image
Hope my thread would not go from this forum till that time :heh: :heh:

Cheers,

Yevgeniy

Re: My in-process Grosser Kurfurst photos

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:25 pm
by Timmy C
Don't worry about your thread disappearing, Yevgeniy - the Picture Post section has been set so that its threads do not get thrown out :)