Calling all Borodino (Бородино) class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, Timmy C, Gernot, Olaf Held, Dan K, HMAS, ModelMonkey
-
Bondoman
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:47 pm
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
I tried to track those down, including emailing him, but I never got a reply. They are not listed on his website either. If you corner him, please ask about the mast and barrel set they made for the Combrig SMS Scharnhorst.
- Charlestonguy
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
- Location: South Carolina USA
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Bondoman wrote:I tried to track those down, including emailing him, but I never got a reply. They are not listed on his website either. If you corner him, please ask about the mast and barrel set they made for the Combrig SMS Scharnhorst.
I sent an email tonight, if I get a reply will ask for you and let you know.
update as of June 16 no response....will keep you posted.
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
- Charlestonguy
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
- Location: South Carolina USA
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Made contact with BMK, said he would let me know when the funnels were ready. Bondoman I asked about mast and barrel set for the Combrig SMS Scharnhorst.
Will let you know when he replies.
Will let you know when he replies.
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
- JIM BAUMANN
- Posts: 5705
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:30 pm
- Location: Nr Southampton England
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Had a quicklook on their website....
Bonoman here is the page you need
https://shop.modellmarine.de/advanced_s ... 9ab0bc9a55
found the Scharnhorst bits easily-- entered Scharnhorst into their search engine...!!
what you need is:
BJM-306 Vessels Guard Chain Rails typ 3 "SMS SCHARNHORST" in 1:3 �6,20
( though if you want really really fine rails I suggest you acquire a WEM Koenig PE set ( and try and get a seconds or over-etched set) and use those chain rails --they are the thinnest I have ever come across in 1/350
meanwhile the code-numbers
BMK-3506 Mastset for Combrig "SMS SCHARNHORST" 1:350 �8,00
and the e-mail addy I gave works fine--- but do please if you want send me a copy mail and I will doo any translation required.
Cheers
JIm Baumann
Bonoman here is the page you need
https://shop.modellmarine.de/advanced_s ... 9ab0bc9a55
found the Scharnhorst bits easily-- entered Scharnhorst into their search engine...!!
what you need is:
BJM-306 Vessels Guard Chain Rails typ 3 "SMS SCHARNHORST" in 1:3 �6,20
( though if you want really really fine rails I suggest you acquire a WEM Koenig PE set ( and try and get a seconds or over-etched set) and use those chain rails --they are the thinnest I have ever come across in 1/350
meanwhile the code-numbers
BMK-3506 Mastset for Combrig "SMS SCHARNHORST" 1:350 �8,00
and the e-mail addy I gave works fine--- but do please if you want send me a copy mail and I will doo any translation required.
Cheers
JIm Baumann
....I buy them at three times the speed I build 'em.... will I live long enough to empty my stash...?
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html
IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html
IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com
- Charlestonguy
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
- Location: South Carolina USA
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
- Charlestonguy
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
- Location: South Carolina USA
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
ORIOL Funnels are on the way, about $20.00 USD with postage from Germany.
https://shop.modellmarine.de/advanced_s ... l+&x=6&y=4
https://shop.modellmarine.de/advanced_s ... l+&x=6&y=4
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
- Jojo Janolo
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:31 pm
- Location: Cavite, Philippines
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Hi guys,
Anybody knows where can I get reference pictures and/or plans of the steam launches and other boats found on-board the Borodinos?
TIA
Anybody knows where can I get reference pictures and/or plans of the steam launches and other boats found on-board the Borodinos?
TIA
-
DariusP
- Posts: 941
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Give me a couple of days Jojo and I will see what I got.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
- Jojo Janolo
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:31 pm
- Location: Cavite, Philippines
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Thanks in advance, DariusDariusP wrote:Give me a couple of days Jojo and I will see what I got.
-
DariusP
- Posts: 941
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Sorry for being late Jojo, did have a busy week! For drawings of Borodino's rowing boats go here: http://www.navarin.ru/page_info.php/pages_id/1 and download last entry in "???????" - "??????????? ?????????? ???? "???????"". Those are drawings of Poltava class but rowing boats were identical to those on Borodino. However, disregard drawings of Poltava's steam boat since those of Borodino were different.
Here is a drawing of 50hp (40 feet) steam cutter:

Here is a drawing of 50hp (40 feet) steam cutter:

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
- Caravellarella
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:20 pm
- Location: S. W. London/Surrey.
Re: Calling Iwami (reconstructed Orel) fans......
Dear Boys and Girls, I wonder if any of you have contemplated or even tried converting the Orel kit into the Iwami yet. It looks like an interesting conversion project to me, but I haven't been able to locate any quality drawings to work from......
Terry (Caravellarella)
Terry (Caravellarella)
Because L'Oréal keeps telling me I'm worth it!
Maybe it's Maybelline..............
Maybe it's Maybelline..............
- peppe
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:50 am
- Location: roma, italia
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
it is a 1:500 drawing in the "bible" of jap bb "ships data of ijn 1868-1945 vol1 bb &bc" pag 141
ciao peppe
ps some more illustration from the net
ciao peppe
ps some more illustration from the net
- Caravellarella
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:20 pm
- Location: S. W. London/Surrey.
Re: Calling all Iwami (reconstructed Orel) fans......
Dear Peppe, do you mean the large book by Ishibashi Takao titled "Illustrated Ships Data of IJN 1868-1945 Vol. 1 Battleships and Battle Cruisers" published by Namiki Shob�, ISBN 978-4-89063-223-7?
Terry (Caravellarella)
Terry (Caravellarella)
Because L'Oréal keeps telling me I'm worth it!
Maybe it's Maybelline..............
Maybe it's Maybelline..............
- peppe
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:50 am
- Location: roma, italia
-
DariusP
- Posts: 941
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
3 more high resolution photos here: http://tsushima.su/RU/shipsru/japonija/ ... wamiphoto/
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
- Atma
- Posts: 3134
- Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm
- Location: Oslo, Norway
Re: Calling all Iwami (reconstructed Orel) fans......
This book is a treasure, I can assure youCaravellarella wrote:Dear Peppe, do you mean the large book by Ishibashi Takao titled "Illustrated Ships Data of IJN 1868-1945 Vol. 1 Battleships and Battle Cruisers" published by Namiki Shob�, ISBN 978-4-89063-223-7?
Terry (Caravellarella)
-
able
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 am
- Location: Shanghai?China
-
DariusP
- Posts: 941
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Great work able! Well done 
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
- Atma
- Posts: 3134
- Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm
- Location: Oslo, Norway
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
Great work indeed, Able.
- Boqueron
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:49 am
- Location: Granada.-Spain
Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans
First of all,
Happy new year to everybody!
I'm actually modeling the Zvezda's Borodino.
After reading the 45 post pages, I've solved the main questions about painting, railing, etc...
Anyway, I don't know exactly what to do with the kit's funnels. They need to be shortened or lenghtened? and, how much mms?
Can anyone give some indications and measurements in 1/350, please?
They're such amount of information in this forum that I can't get it straight.
Excuse me, I'm just a modeller, not an expert in the tsarist's navy
In advance, thank you very very much.
I'm actually modeling the Zvezda's Borodino.
After reading the 45 post pages, I've solved the main questions about painting, railing, etc...
Anyway, I don't know exactly what to do with the kit's funnels. They need to be shortened or lenghtened? and, how much mms?
Can anyone give some indications and measurements in 1/350, please?
They're such amount of information in this forum that I can't get it straight.
Excuse me, I'm just a modeller, not an expert in the tsarist's navy
In advance, thank you very very much.

