Calling all Borodino (Бородино) class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Battleships and Battlecruisers of all nations and eras.
BB and BC.

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, Timmy C, Gernot, Olaf Held, Dan K, HMAS, ModelMonkey

Post Reply
Bondoman
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Bondoman »

I tried to track those down, including emailing him, but I never got a reply. They are not listed on his website either. If you corner him, please ask about the mast and barrel set they made for the Combrig SMS Scharnhorst.
User avatar
Charlestonguy
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
Location: South Carolina USA

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Charlestonguy »

Bondoman wrote:I tried to track those down, including emailing him, but I never got a reply. They are not listed on his website either. If you corner him, please ask about the mast and barrel set they made for the Combrig SMS Scharnhorst.

I sent an email tonight, if I get a reply will ask for you and let you know.

update as of June 16 no response....will keep you posted.
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
User avatar
Charlestonguy
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
Location: South Carolina USA

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Charlestonguy »

Made contact with BMK, said he would let me know when the funnels were ready. Bondoman I asked about mast and barrel set for the Combrig SMS Scharnhorst.
Will let you know when he replies.
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
User avatar
JIM BAUMANN
Posts: 5705
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:30 pm
Location: Nr Southampton England

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by JIM BAUMANN »

Had a quicklook on their website....

Bonoman here is the page you need

https://shop.modellmarine.de/advanced_s ... 9ab0bc9a55

found the Scharnhorst bits easily-- entered Scharnhorst into their search engine...!!


what you need is:

BJM-306 Vessels Guard Chain Rails typ 3 "SMS SCHARNHORST" in 1:3 �6,20

( though if you want really really fine rails I suggest you acquire a WEM Koenig PE set ( and try and get a seconds or over-etched set) and use those chain rails --they are the thinnest I have ever come across in 1/350
meanwhile the code-numbers

BMK-3506 Mastset for Combrig "SMS SCHARNHORST" 1:350 �8,00

and the e-mail addy I gave works fine--- but do please if you want send me a copy mail and I will doo any translation required.

Cheers

JIm Baumann
....I buy them at three times the speed I build 'em.... will I live long enough to empty my stash...?
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com
User avatar
Charlestonguy
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
Location: South Carolina USA

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Charlestonguy »

yep he sent the same link

https://shop.modellmarine.de/product_in ... ts_id=1239

hope that helps
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
User avatar
Charlestonguy
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 am
Location: South Carolina USA

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Charlestonguy »

ORIOL Funnels are on the way, about $20.00 USD with postage from Germany.

https://shop.modellmarine.de/advanced_s ... l+&x=6&y=4
"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left
port and the other was an atrocious liar."
-Don Bamford
User avatar
Jojo Janolo
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Cavite, Philippines

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Jojo Janolo »

Hi guys,

Anybody knows where can I get reference pictures and/or plans of the steam launches and other boats found on-board the Borodinos?

TIA
DariusP
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by DariusP »

Give me a couple of days Jojo and I will see what I got.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Jojo Janolo
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Cavite, Philippines

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Jojo Janolo »

DariusP wrote:Give me a couple of days Jojo and I will see what I got.
Thanks in advance, Darius :wave_1:
DariusP
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by DariusP »

Sorry for being late Jojo, did have a busy week! For drawings of Borodino's rowing boats go here: http://www.navarin.ru/page_info.php/pages_id/1 and download last entry in "???????" - "??????????? ?????????? ???? "???????"". Those are drawings of Poltava class but rowing boats were identical to those on Borodino. However, disregard drawings of Poltava's steam boat since those of Borodino were different.
Here is a drawing of 50hp (40 feet) steam cutter:
Image
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Caravellarella
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:20 pm
Location: S. W. London/Surrey.

Re: Calling Iwami (reconstructed Orel) fans......

Post by Caravellarella »

Dear Boys and Girls, I wonder if any of you have contemplated or even tried converting the Orel kit into the Iwami yet. It looks like an interesting conversion project to me, but I haven't been able to locate any quality drawings to work from......
Iwami 1.......jpg
Iwami 2.......jpg
Terry (Caravellarella)
Because L'Oréal keeps telling me I'm worth it!

Maybe it's Maybelline..............
User avatar
peppe
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:50 am
Location: roma, italia

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by peppe »

it is a 1:500 drawing in the "bible" of jap bb "ships data of ijn 1868-1945 vol1 bb &bc" pag 141
ciao peppe
ps some more illustration from the net
Attachments
from a russian book on japonese predreadnought
from a russian book on japonese predreadnought
ivami.jpg
User avatar
Caravellarella
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:20 pm
Location: S. W. London/Surrey.

Re: Calling all Iwami (reconstructed Orel) fans......

Post by Caravellarella »

Dear Peppe, do you mean the large book by Ishibashi Takao titled "Illustrated Ships Data of IJN 1868-1945 Vol. 1 Battleships and Battle Cruisers" published by Namiki Shob�, ISBN 978-4-89063-223-7?

Terry (Caravellarella)
Because L'Oréal keeps telling me I'm worth it!

Maybe it's Maybelline..............
User avatar
peppe
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:50 am
Location: roma, italia

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by peppe »

of course
DariusP
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by DariusP »

3 more high resolution photos here: http://tsushima.su/RU/shipsru/japonija/ ... wamiphoto/
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Atma
Posts: 3134
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Calling all Iwami (reconstructed Orel) fans......

Post by Atma »

Caravellarella wrote:Dear Peppe, do you mean the large book by Ishibashi Takao titled "Illustrated Ships Data of IJN 1868-1945 Vol. 1 Battleships and Battle Cruisers" published by Namiki Shob�, ISBN 978-4-89063-223-7?

Terry (Caravellarella)
This book is a treasure, I can assure you :thumbs_up_1:
able
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Shanghai?China

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by able »

Image

Image
DariusP
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:08 pm

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by DariusP »

Great work able! Well done :thumbs_up_1:
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Atma
Posts: 3134
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Atma »

Great work indeed, Able.
User avatar
Boqueron
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:49 am
Location: Granada.-Spain

Re: Calling all Borodino class (Tsushima 1905) fans

Post by Boqueron »

First of all,
:wave_1: :wave_1: Happy new year to everybody! :wave_1: :wave_1:
I'm actually modeling the Zvezda's Borodino.
After reading the 45 post pages, I've solved the main questions about painting, railing, etc...
Anyway, I don't know exactly what to do with the kit's funnels. They need to be shortened or lenghtened? and, how much mms?
Can anyone give some indications and measurements in 1/350, please?
They're such amount of information in this forum that I can't get it straight.
Excuse me, I'm just a modeller, not an expert in the tsarist's navy
In advance, thank you very very much.
Post Reply

Return to “Battleships”