USS Endicott DD495
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
- Angeliccypher
- Posts: 1381
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am
Re: USS Endicott DD495
Latest set of updates. The lower hull is attached with most of the touch up work done on it. The bridge has been largely assembled. The main mast save rigging is done. I have done most of the work on the aft 20mm positions which are largely scratch built (except the 20mm guns themselves).
The case I am showing this in is one of Grandpa's. I have not secured the model to the mounts yet. not until I finish the build anyway.
As always, feedback (and suggestions) are encouraged!
The case I am showing this in is one of Grandpa's. I have not secured the model to the mounts yet. not until I finish the build anyway.
As always, feedback (and suggestions) are encouraged!
Gabriel
- Angeliccypher
- Posts: 1381
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am
Re: USS Endicott DD495
Latest set of updates on her. Both funnels are done complete with photo etch. I also finished the main search light. The kit part that sits under the "basket" was partially replaced with photo etch as well.
Gabriel
- taskforce48
- Posts: 1618
- Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:49 pm
- Location: The beautiful PNW
Re: USS Endicott DD495
Really fantastic build so far! Keep those updates coming
Matt
Matt
In the yards right now:
USS Utah AG-16
On Hold
1/350 USS Portland CA-33 1942
1/350 Trumpeter Texas with a twist
USS Utah AG-16
On Hold
1/350 USS Portland CA-33 1942
1/350 Trumpeter Texas with a twist
- Angeliccypher
- Posts: 1381
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am
Re: USS Endicott DD495
With exception of rigging and flags she is done. I am waiting on the EZ Line I ordered to get here. Here are the latest pics. Once I get the rigging on, I will take some higher resolution photos to submit to the gallery.
Gabriel
- Angeliccypher
- Posts: 1381
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am
- Gordon Bjorklund
- Posts: 960
- Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:32 pm
- Location: Seattle, Wa.
Re: USS Endicott DD495
This has been an enjoyable build to follow along with. You have done a great job on your USS Endicott and I look forward to seeing your finished pictures in the gallery.
Gordon
"Then there was one patched-up carrier...."
Vice Admiral Thomas A. Kinkaid
"Then there was one patched-up carrier...."
Vice Admiral Thomas A. Kinkaid
- robertmelvin
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:39 am
- Location: Harlan, Kentucky, U.S.A.
Re: USS Endicott DD495
Great job! I also like the way you have her displayed, case and all. And, I join Gordon in suggesting you submit her to the gallery. She would be a deserving addition there.
Bob
Bob
Give me a fast ship, for I would like to get out of harm's way!
-
NukeMM
- Back-Aft Models

- Posts: 2980
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 am
- Location: Omaha, NE, USA
Re: USS Endicott DD495
Congratulations on a nice build, Gabriel! The care that you taken with each and every piece was well worth every effort.
A completed build is always a mixed emotion, to me. Sad and glad at the same time.
A completed build is always a mixed emotion, to me. Sad and glad at the same time.
Carl Musselman
(Formerly Back-Aft Models)
Photobucket
https://app.photobucket.com/u/carlomaha
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4XX ... IHgFtIYhAg
(Formerly Back-Aft Models)
Photobucket
https://app.photobucket.com/u/carlomaha
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4XX ... IHgFtIYhAg
- Angeliccypher
- Posts: 1381
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am
Re: USS Endicott DD495
Thank you to all three of you. You guys (and a few others) have been a great help to me which is really appreciated. Once the rigging is done I will be taking the "finished" photos and submitting them to the gallery.
Gabriel
- jeroen zuiderduin
- Posts: 245
- Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:08 am
- Location: The Netherlands
Re: USS Endicott DD495
Very nice, you still got it since you were fifteen. I see that your next one will be the CV-8. Good for you, I will be watching it.
Jeroen
Jeroen