USS Endicott DD495

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
Angeliccypher
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by Angeliccypher »

Latest set of updates. The lower hull is attached with most of the touch up work done on it. The bridge has been largely assembled. The main mast save rigging is done. I have done most of the work on the aft 20mm positions which are largely scratch built (except the 20mm guns themselves).

The case I am showing this in is one of Grandpa's. I have not secured the model to the mounts yet. not until I finish the build anyway.

As always, feedback (and suggestions) are encouraged!
IMG_0390.jpg
IMG_0391.jpg
IMG_0392.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0396.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
Gabriel
User avatar
Angeliccypher
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by Angeliccypher »

Latest set of updates on her. Both funnels are done complete with photo etch. I also finished the main search light. The kit part that sits under the "basket" was partially replaced with photo etch as well.
IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg
Gabriel
User avatar
taskforce48
Posts: 1618
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: The beautiful PNW

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by taskforce48 »

Really fantastic build so far! Keep those updates coming :thumbs_up_1:

Matt
User avatar
Angeliccypher
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by Angeliccypher »

With exception of rigging and flags she is done. I am waiting on the EZ Line I ordered to get here. Here are the latest pics. Once I get the rigging on, I will take some higher resolution photos to submit to the gallery.
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
Gabriel
User avatar
Angeliccypher
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by Angeliccypher »

IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG
Attachments
IMG_0456.JPG
Gabriel
User avatar
Gordon Bjorklund
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:32 pm
Location: Seattle, Wa.

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by Gordon Bjorklund »

This has been an enjoyable build to follow along with. You have done a great job on your USS Endicott and I look forward to seeing your finished pictures in the gallery.
Gordon


"Then there was one patched-up carrier...."
Vice Admiral Thomas A. Kinkaid
User avatar
robertmelvin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:39 am
Location: Harlan, Kentucky, U.S.A.

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by robertmelvin »

Great job! I also like the way you have her displayed, case and all. And, I join Gordon in suggesting you submit her to the gallery. She would be a deserving addition there.

Bob
Give me a fast ship, for I would like to get out of harm's way!
NukeMM
Back-Aft Models
Back-Aft Models
Posts: 2980
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 am
Location: Omaha, NE, USA

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by NukeMM »

Congratulations on a nice build, Gabriel! The care that you taken with each and every piece was well worth every effort.

A completed build is always a mixed emotion, to me. Sad and glad at the same time. :thumbs_up_1:
Carl Musselman
(Formerly Back-Aft Models)

Photobucket
https://app.photobucket.com/u/carlomaha

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4XX ... IHgFtIYhAg
User avatar
Angeliccypher
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by Angeliccypher »

Thank you to all three of you. You guys (and a few others) have been a great help to me which is really appreciated. Once the rigging is done I will be taking the "finished" photos and submitting them to the gallery.
Gabriel
User avatar
jeroen zuiderduin
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:08 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: USS Endicott DD495

Post by jeroen zuiderduin »

Very nice, you still got it since you were fifteen. I see that your next one will be the CV-8. Good for you, I will be watching it.

Jeroen
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”