1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
- DWD
- Posts: 365
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 am
- Location: Idaho
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Superb work Nicolas! Your work is always amazing sir.

Doug
Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496
http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html
Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496
http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
thank's Doug
coming from you, the compliment is appreciated
coming from you, the compliment is appreciated
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
HI gent's
the ongoing work on the bow. to start, I decided to engrave with a "rosie" the anti slip coating present .the slip bands and exits Hawse pipes are also added.

anchor winches are also remade (some parts were already molded for my 1st montage)

any parts installed (only anchor winches are not glued)


Now I'll attack the bow
Cheers
Nicolas
the ongoing work on the bow. to start, I decided to engrave with a "rosie" the anti slip coating present .the slip bands and exits Hawse pipes are also added.

anchor winches are also remade (some parts were already molded for my 1st montage)

any parts installed (only anchor winches are not glued)


Now I'll attack the bow
Cheers
Nicolas
- Stein Gildberg
- Posts: 230
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
- Location: Kongsberg, Norway
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
I've been following you work. Beautiful work with attention to detail.
Stein
Stein
Ultima ratio regum
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
thanks stein for your kind comment
Cheers
Nicolas
Cheers
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hi folks
I just finished the stern. for the realization of the hawse pipe, I perform the same operation than on the bow, but this time the chain passage tube is conical ... as in reality. a view from the hawse pipe during the achievement

Indeed, the output on the rear is larger than the input on the deck. the stern edge is ugly,since ,it has been straightened always.
in the modifications performed,to the A arrow ,a small metalic deck section is present on the stern ,it is represented with the plastic card.

at B Arrow, a "gutter" is present on the periphery of the deck, it is made with evergreen profiles
the stern with its specific windlass

is still a lot of steps before the end,but ,as usual, step by step ,I'll take the time to make time
cheers
Nicolas
I just finished the stern. for the realization of the hawse pipe, I perform the same operation than on the bow, but this time the chain passage tube is conical ... as in reality. a view from the hawse pipe during the achievement

Indeed, the output on the rear is larger than the input on the deck. the stern edge is ugly,since ,it has been straightened always.
in the modifications performed,to the A arrow ,a small metalic deck section is present on the stern ,it is represented with the plastic card.

at B Arrow, a "gutter" is present on the periphery of the deck, it is made with evergreen profiles
the stern with its specific windlass

is still a lot of steps before the end,but ,as usual, step by step ,I'll take the time to make time
cheers
Nicolas
- Apophysis
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 am
- Location: Germany
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hello Nicholas!
Every little step by you is a great pleasure for humanity (especially for us modellers!)
Dirk
Every little step by you is a great pleasure for humanity (especially for us modellers!)
Dirk
UNSERE KRIEGSMARINE!
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
that's too much Dirk
I'll end up believing it
thank's for your kind word
cheers
Nicolas
thank's for your kind word
cheers
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
hello folks
I start to modify a Trumpy turret , I did not could use one of my molded turrets as it is intended to "Richelieu" after 43. The main changes are the addition of protections around the vision blocks of the small observation bell, and changing the shape of the embrasures of the tubes 380. I used the "ears" of rangefinders one of my cast turret, which saves a lot of my time
http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
[/url]
Then, I must integrate the shield basis of the tubes in embrasure. a shield made ??of a tube portion

as you can see it is not that big, which makes it difficult to adjust! but ,with the perseverance we can get there, the evidence, the shield adjusted in its housing

for subsequently,I have three other to make , four shutters and many little details
cheers
Nicolas
I start to modify a Trumpy turret , I did not could use one of my molded turrets as it is intended to "Richelieu" after 43. The main changes are the addition of protections around the vision blocks of the small observation bell, and changing the shape of the embrasures of the tubes 380. I used the "ears" of rangefinders one of my cast turret, which saves a lot of my time
http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
[/url] Then, I must integrate the shield basis of the tubes in embrasure. a shield made ??of a tube portion

as you can see it is not that big, which makes it difficult to adjust! but ,with the perseverance we can get there, the evidence, the shield adjusted in its housing

for subsequently,I have three other to make , four shutters and many little details
cheers
Nicolas
- sgtryan13
- Posts: 2651
- Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:48 pm
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
The excellent modeling skills here are very impressive, keep it up my friend. Equally impressive, is the photography and step-by-step explanation. 
Enlisted men are stupid, but very cunning and deceitful and bear considerable watching." - Marine Corps Officers Manual, 1894
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hi folks
thank's you sgtryan for your kind words ,and I am glad you like this step-by-step
the "master" of the original version of turrets is finished. I have not pierced the shields, because in 1941, the bursting of the gun N� 3 of the turret N�2 was not repaired, changing the equilibrium of the gun breech .
http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
[/url]
allowing me to position the lifting up of my guns ,as I want



and one in order to compare with one already molded

this step is ended. For now I leave aside the hull, because my friend big bear( Bruno Gire), draw and etched for me the degaussing belt ....
I owe him a "huge debt of gratitude"
cheers
Nicolas
Nicolas
thank's you sgtryan for your kind words ,and I am glad you like this step-by-step
the "master" of the original version of turrets is finished. I have not pierced the shields, because in 1941, the bursting of the gun N� 3 of the turret N�2 was not repaired, changing the equilibrium of the gun breech .
http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
[/url]allowing me to position the lifting up of my guns ,as I want



and one in order to compare with one already molded

this step is ended. For now I leave aside the hull, because my friend big bear( Bruno Gire), draw and etched for me the degaussing belt ....
cheers
Nicolas
Nicolas
- dafi
- Posts: 1006
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
- Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
- Contact:
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Being back from a trip, just catching up and what do I see:
Mary in full flight - what a delight!
Great work as usual!
Daniel
Mary in full flight - what a delight!
Great work as usual!
Daniel
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60
See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60
See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
-
sirmaumau
- Posts: 173
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:02 pm
- Location: hangzhou china
- Contact:
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hello Dan
thank's for your kind words
I feel that we'll have new progress on your victory,it must itch you
sirmaumau
the degaussing cable is being drawn,I'm also looking forward ,to have it in my hands
cheers
Nicolas
thank's for your kind words
sirmaumau
the degaussing cable is being drawn,I'm also looking forward ,to have it in my hands
cheers
Nicolas
- PetrolGator
- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm
- Location: Herndon, VA
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Will you model her with the broken barrel?
I always appreciate your step by step builds, Nicolas.
I always appreciate your step by step builds, Nicolas.
- Chris
1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi
1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Thank's ChrisPetrolGator wrote:...Will you model her with the broken barrel?...
cheers
Nicolas
- Stein Gildberg
- Posts: 230
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
- Location: Kongsberg, Norway
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
You really stick to the details too, Nicolas! I like it!
Stein
Stein
Ultima ratio regum
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
thank you Stein
I launch out today in achieving the master of anti-aircraft artillery
37 mm double 13.2 single, double, and quad. I have occupation for the next days
cheers
Nicolas
I launch out today in achieving the master of anti-aircraft artillery
37 mm double 13.2 single, double, and quad. I have occupation for the next days
cheers
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
Hi gents
I'm like a kid tonight! the top of the castle and the yards are finally moldeds

the same assembled


I'm really happy with the result (thousand thank uncle jack). the castle really starts to resemble something

to continue in the molding series, much of "the floats" anti-torpedo nets

and finally, an assortment of crates, turrets and casks

see you soon
Cheers
Nicolas
Nicolas
I'm like a kid tonight! the top of the castle and the yards are finally moldeds

the same assembled


I'm really happy with the result (thousand thank uncle jack). the castle really starts to resemble something

to continue in the molding series, much of "the floats" anti-torpedo nets

and finally, an assortment of crates, turrets and casks

see you soon
Cheers
Nicolas
Nicolas
- LE BOSCO
- Posts: 2261
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Paris France
Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41
HI folks
I began the manufacture the masters of anti-aircraft weapons. in order to know the number and the location of the light anti-aircraft weapons to the period of July 1941 (period that interests me) ,after overlap between different sources (books, pictures), I make a "plan" of location

The weapons did not stop to migrate and evolve between 1940 and late 1941 and never change until landing before departure to the USA in 1943. Apparently the armament was either take or ship wrecks off ... for example, it seems that 37mm CAD were taken from the wreckage of l'Audacieux at Dakar!!!!!
a +
Nicolas
I began the manufacture the masters of anti-aircraft weapons. in order to know the number and the location of the light anti-aircraft weapons to the period of July 1941 (period that interests me) ,after overlap between different sources (books, pictures), I make a "plan" of location

The weapons did not stop to migrate and evolve between 1940 and late 1941 and never change until landing before departure to the USA in 1943. Apparently the armament was either take or ship wrecks off ... for example, it seems that 37mm CAD were taken from the wreckage of l'Audacieux at Dakar!!!!!
a +
Nicolas